Page 21 of 99 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171 ... LastLast

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

I am really confused about the different versions of the DVD for LOCH. Is the HK version still sold?? Is that the book version?? Which version is now being sold at Yesasia?? Which version is the best one to get?? Is it possible to order the HK version online if it is still being sold???

Thanks for the pix! Is the 3 boxed version another version?? Boy, how many versions are there??? This is getting really confusing....
    Last edited by Trinie; 08-24-06 at 05:02 AM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

So far I saw yesasia.com carry TVBI version and someone bought on Ebay Modern Audio version. I'm just waitting for the Taiseng version to compare the 3 version. On Ebay they didn't state it Modern Audio is the distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoboLee
    I found pictures of it online:
    link
    Is your just one album with 15DVD all together? b/c the other Modern Audio set look different. Seem they devide into 3 seperate parts.

Here's all the vestions of LOCH (and ROCH) I know about:

1. Modern Audio with 3 single disc digipak in boxset
    2. Taiseng set with 2 book-like boxsets
    3. Modern Audio with 1 double disc digipak in a boxset
    4. Modern Audio with sleeves in 3 sets

Yes Asia is selling #1 for LOCH for $160. I assume they will start selling #2 when they have it in stock. They are already selling #2 for ROCH for $60. (I have an extra #2 ROCH if anyone wants to buy. pm me)

The LOCH I got from ebay is #3. I have a bad feeling that both #3 and #4 are pirated copies.

Originally Posted by ChocoboLee
    Yet another variation? Are these genuine or pirated?
    They actually look legit because of the encoding on the dvd. However, I have never used that site before and nowadays it is difficult to tell if it is legit or not. The site does say they are legit.

About a year ago, I bought a DVD from yesasia. They claimed to carry legit items. However, my item became out of stock and yesasia got it off of another distributor because of the sticker on the dvd. Stupid enough, they didn't even remove the price tag off of the original distributor. The DVD was obviously pirated and only costed them less than a dollar. They sold it to me for $7.99. I filed a claim and they ignored it.

Therefore even from legit sites there are problems. So far, buying directly from the main distributor such as Taiseng really makes it legit.

What do you mean by?

Quote Originally Posted by hkopinions
    They actually look legit because of the encoding on the dvd.

The LOCH I got from ebay is #3. I have a bad feeling that both #3 and #4 are pirated copies.
    Just assume that #3 and #4 is really pirated copies. Based on the DVD #3 you already received, do you think the quality of the picture and the sound is the same with original ones?

Also in #4 there's a disc for the soundtrack (the songs). Is it also available on #3?
    Last edited by kurniawan20062000; 08-24-06 at 10:17 PM.

The site claims its legit and the code on the inside of dvd looks legit. I checked it with my copy and its looks fine.

I wonder if they have DRAGON SWORD yet w/Michael Miu. It was first wuxia series that I saw as a kid.

And as a bonus, I found this on youtube. Enjoy!

[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TjSfZfmyNI ]

It's the opening for the series.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien
    I wonder if they have DRAGON SWORD yet w/Michael Miu. It was first wuxia series that I saw as a kid.

And as a bonus, I found this on youtube. Enjoy!

[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TjSfZfmyNI ]

It's the opening for the series.
    It is only released in Cantonese on VCD only, and I don't think TVB will release this on DVD any time soon.

The quality does seem up to par. The whole boxset seems very legit. It doesn't feel pirated. So I would think it's another version that Modern Audio makes.

And the LOCH #3 I have does include the making of video. I don't have ROCH #3. I'm getting ROCH from ebay soon. I'll post here once I get it... maybe tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by kurniawan20062000
    Just assume that #3 and #4 is really pirated copies. Based on the DVD #3 you already received, do you think the quality of the picture and the sound is the same with original ones?

Also in #4 there's a disc for the soundtrack (the songs). Is it also available on #3?

Twilight of A Nation DVD Menu: (It shows there are 45 episodes indeed)
    http://www.tower3a.com/ut/attach/785...Menu-embed.JPG

I received the LOCH DVD which I bought from ebay, it's #3. I'm not sure whether it's pirated or not. Comparing with ROCH DVD I bought from yesasia before (not Taiseng version), this LOCH disc feel a bit thinner than ROCH disc which feels like solid glass.

The picture quality is very good. But like many people said, the cantonese audio is poor. It's muffled. Sometimes it's high, sometimes it's low. It's a pity because I think LOCH 1982 soundtrack is the best soundtrack ever and this poor audio quality ruins the masterpiece.

Now the problem is with the subtitles. When I play it on dvd player and watch it on TV, the subtitles looks very transparent also it's like "shivering/trembling/moving" (don't know how to explain it correctly), and makes us dizzy when read it. It's for all 3 subtitles (english, simplified chinese, traditional chinese). But if I play it on computer, the subtitles is OK.

ChocoboLee, do find this problem on subtitles also?

Also on the disc it's mentioned there's Original Soundtrack. Do you know it's on which disc? I'm looking for it on all disc, but cannot find. I think there should be a menu like pic no. 13 on below page (black ground pic with 12 songs title)

http://www.dvdspring.com/Article_Sho...rticleID=26913

If someone going to buy the DVD, I suggest to buy it from official site like yesasia.com. May be you will not find problems on the subtitles. (Unless the product of LOCH DVD all version is like that).

The quality does seem up to par. The whole boxset seems very legit. It doesn't feel pirated. So I would think it's another version that Modern Audio makes.

And the LOCH #3 I have does include the making of video. I don't have ROCH #3. I'm getting ROCH from ebay soon. I'll post here once I get it... maybe tomorrow.

Here is my ROCH83 from Taiseng:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by kurniawan20062000

Also on the disc it's mentioned there's Original Soundtrack. Do you know it's on which disc? I'm looking for it on all disc, but cannot find. I think there should be a menu like pic no. 13 on below page (black ground pic with 12 songs title)

http://www.dvdspring.com/Article_Sho...rticleID=26913
    The soundtrack is either on Disc 1 or Disc 15 (which depends on the DVD version that you have)

I got ROCH from ebay and it is indeed the #3 variety. One boxset with 12 dvds in dual dvd digipacks

OK...i'm all confused as to which set i should buy now.

What would the people that have already bought the sets recommend?

I'm referring to the ROCH and LOCH sets
    "my only fear of death is reincarnation...back into this life of strife" - 2pac

For ROCH if you doesn't matter about the price better buy the official one from TVB at Yesasia. I'm very satisfied with the quality. The packaging also better than Tai Seng version (based on the pic I see). There's also gifts of 3 bookmark.

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004094598/

But the price of Tai Seng version is very cheap. Last time I saw it's at USD 60 for the complete series. The picture and sound quality is the same with the TVB one. But now it's out of stock.

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004479361/

For LOCH I also think better buy the official from TVB.

http://us.yesasia.com/en/mc/-/CSprd1...id-1004336700/

There's also a version with a poster.

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004475593/

I don't recommend to buy other version such the ones sell at ebay. Because based on the DVD I bought, the subtitles is not good (looks transparent and shivering/trembling) and makes us dizzy when we read it. But I'm not sure whether the official LOCH DVD from TVB also like that.

If you consider to buy LOCH DVD please keep in mind that the quality of Cantonese audio is not good. While the sound quality of ROCH DVD is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by endo
    OK...i'm all confused as to which set i should buy now.

What would the people that have already bought the sets recommend?

I'm referring to the ROCH and LOCH sets

Unhappy Defective DVDs

Here's all the vestions of LOCH (and ROCH) I know about:

1. Modern Audio with 3 single disc digipak in boxset
    2. Taiseng set with 2 book-like boxsets
    3. Modern Audio with 1 double disc digipak in a boxset
    4. Modern Audio with sleeves in 3 sets

Yes Asia is selling #1 for LOCH for $160. I assume they will start selling #2 when they have it in stock. They are already selling #2 for ROCH for $60. (I have an extra #2 ROCH if anyone wants to buy. pm me)

(The LOCH I got from ebay is #3. I have a bad feeling that both #3 and #4 are pirated copies.

I just received the LOCH '83 DVD boxset today, which I bought off eBay.

Using the above classification system, it's the # 3 version (Modern Audio with 1 double disc digipak in a boxset). Unlike kurniawan20062000's problem, my subtitles were fine, not shaky at all. And as repeated before, the Cantonese audio is horrible. But my main problem is that 3 of the 15 DVDs were defective. (I tried the discs on both my DVD player and computer DVD drive). For some reason the discs can't be read. The boxset was factory sealed, and the discs are in very good condition, so I have no idea what the problem is.

I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem with discs that can't be read. (Disc # 2, 4, and 13 are the defective ones)

Upcoming DVD release:
    September 29: The Duke of Mount Deer (1984)
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004485483/