Page 27 of 99 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777 ... LastLast

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

Quote Originally Posted by almo89
    Ya this whole thing is kinda weird but there seems to be different rules for different places. As for LOCH 82 and ROCH 82, I don't quite remember if there was a delay. My ROCH DVD is the "For Sale outside of Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR" version.
    It's extremely frustrating. I'm determined to get this sooner rather than later.

Knowing Chinese merchants they will find ways to get it here by whatever means necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    It's extremely frustrating. I'm determined to get this sooner rather than later.

Knowing Chinese merchants they will find ways to get it here by whatever means necessary.
    hehehe exactly. I only trust one store to get my stuff. We have a couple of MAL stores in Vancouver and they are both a rip. I will never buy anything from MAL anymore. The place I go to gives me a cozy feeling. The boss chit chats with me everytime i go and gives me good deals all the time.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

hehehe exactly. I only trust one store to get my stuff. We have a couple of MAL stores in Vancouver and they are both a rip. I will never buy anything from MAL anymore. The place I go to gives me a cozy feeling. The boss chit chats with me everytime i go and gives me good deals all the time.
    You guys have some awesome stores up in Vancouver and Richmond. I was thinking that you Canadians would probably have better luck than we barbarian Yanks in trying to get these DVDs.

I can only hope that the guys at Fivestarlaser are as resourceful as the guys helping you out.

You guys have some awesome stores up in Vancouver and Richmond. I was thinking that you Canadians would probably have better luck than we barbarian Yanks in trying to get these DVDs.

I can only hope that the guys at Fivestarlaser are as resourceful as the guys helping you out.
    Ya cause we have the demand up here since there are so many chinese people around here. Which part of Southern California do you live in? Is it hard to get chinese DVD's, CD's and all that?
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Ya cause we have the demand up here since there are so many chinese people around here. Which part of Southern California do you live in? Is it hard to get chinese DVD's, CD's and all that?
    I live in the Greater Los Angeles area. Chinese DVDs and CDs aren't really hard to get, but the variety of choices has never been as good as Canada. For example, the local DVD and CD shops have all the latest works by today's popular artists easily available in large quantities, but if one is looking for oldies from the 1970s and 1980s, one is a bit out of luck.

Every time I visit Vancouver (about once a year), I go hunting for what would be rarities here.

This is an open letter to the authorities at TVBI, Taiseng, and whomever else this issue may concern. It might never be read by any of them, but nevertheless, I feel that it must be said.

Re: HSDS '86 DVD boxed set release.

As a consumer, I am extremely dissatisfied with the manner in which you have handled the marketing and distribution of this product. Based on the situation as it stands as of present, I can only conclude that you are either 1). fraudulent in your offer of this product or 2). incompetent in the management of the distribution of this product.

The product was first announced early this month, the announcement reaching the SPCNET Forums by January 9, 2007. At the time, the product was available to consumers in North America via Yesasia, and the announced release date was January 12, 2007.

By January 10, however, Yesasia had withdrawn the product from its inventory, with no explanation other than the cryptic "This product is no longer for sale." The product would be available outside of North America through Yesasia's global site, but could not be ordered by consumers in North America.

Other merchants in North America, including Fivestarlaser.com, Malmusic.com, and Sensasian.com continued to offer the product, but the release date was inconsistent and unverifiable. Fivestarlaser could only commit to "January, 2007." Sensasian.com stuck with the original release date of January 12 (but the product has since failed to materialize). Malmusic.com has not provided a release date at all.

Meanwhile, Yeasasia.com (Global) has pushed back the release date from January 12 to January 19, from January 19 to January 25, and most recently from January 25 to January 26.

I received an email in response to an inquiry I made to Yesasia to explain the reason behind all these delays. The response indicates some sort of legal conflict that is holding up the release of this product in North America.

That the situation has come to this frustrating state of affairs is an indication of either your intent to defraud consumers by offering a product you cannot sell or your incompetence in not obtaining the necessary legal clearances before soliciting the product for sale (then being forced to withdraw it after learning that you hadn't secured the necessary clearances). Either way, it says nothing positive about the way your organization does business.

I challenge TVBI, Taiseng, etc., to prove me wrong by actually establishing a firm release date in the near future for this product and delivering it on time as promised. Until then, I plan on repeating this message on every appropriate forum to inform my fellow consumers how unsatisfactory your services are.

Ken Cheng

I've gotten in touch with Fivestarlaser.com and the fellow there says he expects HSDS '86 to be on the shelves on February 7 or 8. Of course, this same fellow told me last week that it'd be available at the end of this month.

Guess we'll see... "Sigh"

Thx for the update, Ken.

Hope there is no more delay, postpone, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by shaw_mag
    Thx for the update, Ken.

Hope there is no more delay, postpone, etc.
    Indeed. I'm going to ride TVBI on this until HSDS '86 gets into my hand. I'm basically not going to get out of their faces until they get the product released (or at least a reasonable explanation as to why it hasn't been released).

Default where can i get the tv shows Journey to the West I and II buy or download.

please i love monkey king,i've seen a few eps Journey to the West III.
    and love it,please where can i buy or download Journey to the West I & II.
    please help me,plus i need english subs for them.
    thank you for your time!

Heh. Looks like my ranting and screaming tactic paid off! The powers that be got tired of my harassing them and finally took action!

Heh. Looks like my ranting and screaming tactic paid off! The powers that be got tired of my harassing them and finally took action!
    Good job Ken! But only 50 bucks? Too good to be true? And why did the replace the image with a temporary image?

Good job Ken! But only 50 bucks? Too good to be true? And why did the replace the image with a temporary image?
    The Taiseng editions, which are effectively the same as the ones sold in the Far East, cost less for reasons I don't understand (not complaining, though). Apparently, the Taiseng editions (the only ones sold in North America) are of higher quality than the TVBI ones too (go figure), so even better.

Usually, the Taiseng packaging mirrors the TVBI packaging exactly, so unless they actually prepared a different package for the Taiseng edition this time, I'm not sure why a temporary image is being used at Yesasia.com.

I saw the HOng Kong edition of HSDS at a store in NYC Chinatown last weekend. Same packaging as the Hong Kong version of Legend of Condor Heros and Return of Condor Heros. However, price was like $100

For some reason, the lower part of the page says: This Video product does not have English audio or subtitles/Subtitle : Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese.

it says:
    Subtitle: Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese

but since the product title has "english subtitled" i would assume an error made on the remaining details rather than the title.

Default I GOT IT! I GOT IT!!!!

I now have the LOCH '82, ROCH '83, and HSDS '86 series complete on DVD.

MWU-AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

*Ahem*

Just place my order for HSDS86 @ YesAsia. There is %5 off coupon (google it) for new account. Should receive it next week.

Can someone post pictures of the boxset and this discs when they get it?

CONGRATS TO you Ken!!! I am so happy for you!!!
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.