Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

actually, in Japan, you can get "The Bund" in its uncut 25 episode run on DVD. but i would reckon this is going to be very expensive.

I also support this. And, please, TVB, please do not cut some important scene. In ROCH84 (VCD format), they cut the most important scene with YG & XLN v. GWM.

Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    I just hope they do lower the price a bit so I can get more
    I will second that.

if they release on dvd, jus wait for the pirates to get their hands on it than buy

Wow i didn't know, they don't distribute series in DVD format in chinese/mandarin/cantonese and other languages? I'm vietnamese, so I do get them in DVD but i find VCD just fine, but older series from 9 or 10 years ago or so can be find in DVDs in viet. Thats kinda unfair they should have them in other languages as well.
    WU ZUN ! <3

i didn't noe that either when i went to vietnam, i bought a few old series on dvd. there's alot over there.
    no matter how you live, happy or sad, it will still be your life to waste so why not waste it happily?...

I think TVB can fit between 1 to 1 and half episode on one vcd since one vcd can hold 80 minutes with or without their commericals.

TVB can fit one episode per vcd because the usual length of an average episode is about 40 minutes long.

TVB can release their full length complete version of their good oldies drama tv series on vcds boxsets like ATV did with one episode per vcd.

TVB don't necessarily have to release them in dvd format. I do wish TVB release their full length complete version of their good oldies drama tv series with 1 to 1 and half episode per vcd like ATV do.

I would rather purchase ATV drama tv series since I would get a full-length complete version of some of their good oldies drama tv series in vcds boxsets with 1 episode per vcd such as good popular ATV dramas during its past broadcasting of 1980's productions

1. Dynasty I
    2. The Rise of the Great Wall
    3. Empress Wu Ze Tian
    4. Princess Cheung Ping
    5. The Tai Chi Master I
    6. The Tai Chi Master II

These ATV dramas tv series of the 1980's productions are MUCH BETTER THAN today's recent TVB's drama TV series which some are NOT worth watching.

Default TVB DOES release their series on DVD format

In case you guys didn't know, TVB DOES release their series on DVD format. I know for sure they do because I have seen them before. I even bought a set of LOCH 83 DVDs for my friend. I knew this girl who sold TVB series on DVD as well... I am not sure if they are available in the US, but I know for sure that they do exist...... I think they are also the real sets too, not any bootlegged copies. About whether they are edited or not, I am not sure since I haven't watched any of them yet. I just bought some sets to give to others as a gift....
    Last edited by Trinie; 09-26-04 at 01:57 AM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

it does exist, that's y i was able to but it in vietnam. but the thing is , does it exist else where??
    no matter how you live, happy or sad, it will still be your life to waste so why not waste it happily?...

Yes TVB DVDs do exist in other places besides VN(the copies in VN are probably bootlegged anyway). They originate in HK so are available in HK, China and other Asian countries. The person that I bought LOCH from lives in HK. There was this other girl that had TVB DVD sets for sale that lives in the US, but I am not sure where she got them from. She probably got them from China or HK. By the way, I am talking about the Mandarin and Cantonese version, not the Viet version.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Default The New Adventures of Chor Lau Heung is released

Hi everyone,

The New Adventures of Chor Lau Heung (1984 version starring Miu Kiu Wai and Barbara Yung Mei Ling) is now released in VCD format. Only the first set (disc 1-12) is released. The second half is released in a few more weeks. It's a very very good story. I love Miu Miu. I can't believe how charming he is. All I can do is think of him when I work, sleep, shower, etc....

YesAsia is selling this series for fairly cheap. I bought mines in HK for $29 USD. YesAsia has it for $42, but free shipping!

I love and miss this series so much!
    Last edited by QianQian; 11-03-04 at 07:13 AM.
    Qian Qian Wan Sui!!

Is it cut badly?

I don't know if it's badly cut as I don't remember. I'm waiting on a bid for the UNCUT version of this series. Yeah, someone decided to put the tape into DVD version and resell on ebay. That's my guess. I'll let you know in about 2 weeks when I've recevied it and watched it.

It's a superb series. Michael Miu Kiu Wai is absolutely charming, handsome, and ultra sexy. Barbara is so adorable and beautiful.

I've watched this series 3 times since I've got it (and that's only 5 days).

I love it I love it I love it!
    Qian Qian Wan Sui!!

I tried to purchase from yesasia.com too, but they aren't deliverable to canada. Has this happened to anyone else...ooooooh i'm so upset becuz i waited for this so long. This is like my fave TVB drama with the perfect couple.

I didn't know that Yesasia doesn't deliver to Canada. Why don't you try ordering direct from TVB? I don't know if they deliver to Canada. I know they don't deliver to the US, otherwise I'd order direct from them. It's so much cheaper than order from Yesasia. I just ordered the second half of Chor Lau Heung on Friday through Yesasia. The upside is that freight is free, so it evens out with TVB. I should just bring a lot of money and purchase it direct in HK when I go in April.

There are other websites out there that you can purchase from that is actually cheaper than Yesasia like sensasian.com. It think that's the website. For example, Yesasia sells it for $42. Sensasian.com has it for $38. Yesasia was only cheaper because they offered free shipping. Try Amazon.com as well.

Good luck.
    Qian Qian Wan Sui!!

Yesasia is deliverable to Canada. But somehow TVB products are not.

cuz Videobox owns the copyrights of it in canada, not Tai Seng.
    you can still buy it in stores.

btw, it's currently airing on Fairchild TV in Toronto.

does anyone know if "Eternal Happiness" has any dvd version with sub? please, i really need to know! really want to watch this series, but can't get hold of one in thai, don't understand chinese or viet.
    I don't make my decisions fearing fate, Fate makes his.

could this really work? really hope it does, i sign it though, just in case it does do some good.
    I don't make my decisions fearing fate, Fate makes his.

Yes TVB DVDs do exist in other places besides VN(the copies in VN are probably bootlegged anyway). They originate in HK so are available in HK, China and other Asian countries. The person that I bought LOCH from lives in HK. There was this other girl that had TVB DVD sets for sale that lives in the US, but I am not sure where she got them from. She probably got them from China or HK. By the way, I am talking about the Mandarin and Cantonese version, not the Viet version.

Which stores/websites?
    Phew! I haven't felt that good since Archie Gemmill scored against Holland in 1978!