Page 4 of 99 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

they have dvd quality series in cantonese? where?

Quote Originally Posted by chibimarukochan
    If you're a big fan of all the past old tvb series, and hate to view them on low quality VCD format(with heavy editing) and really wish tvb could release them on DVD format (with full episodes and proper endings) Please could you help sign this petition for tvb to release them on DVD format. I signed it myself and hope that everyone who agrees with what they say in there should sign it. Please!!!

I appreciate your help!!![o

You only need to include ur name and e-mail adress:
    Sign the petition here
    I petition all the above. I would like to add, however, that some costume historical dramas (i.e. Conqueror's Story) should have full English subtitles for those of us who just know conversational Cantonese and can't understand "man yi man" or formal Chinese.

Default Yi Tian Tu Long Ji with english subs...

Hi everybody,

Do you know if I can get this TVB series: The New Heaven Sowrd and Dragon Sabre version 1986 (starring Tony Leung) with english subtitles?
    How about english dubbing? I remember I used to watch the english version of it.
    I really want this series..

Please let me know.

Thanks

Wait, you mean to tell me that I CANNOT buy this from yesasia if I'm in Canada!? That really sucks cuz I was planning to buy this for my birthday in a few weeks!

I think it may be available because I dont see any mention of ineligibility on the website. In any case, I guess I'll find out when I get around to order it.

p.s. I was also lucky to see it aired on Fairchild in T.O. It is my favourite TVB series of all time and I watched it when I was four. I really hope I can buy it online because I don't want to buy a bootleg copy in T.O.
    Last edited by Sepiraph; 12-23-04 at 02:58 AM.

I emailed yesasia, and they say because of copyright issues, the product is not made available to Canada. I have no choice but to purchase the "real" VCD set in stores. Although costs a little more but worth it since it's my all time favourite show.

If you watch the tape version, you would noticed that the VCD edit off the introduction at the very beginning, where Chor Lau Heung battles with Flowerless Monk, Iron Quan Yin and the Sea Empress

That was a little disappointing for me b/c I think that helps develop Chor Lau Heung's character and shows his achievements before starting off to a new adventure.

Default dvd releases for tVB series

like HMV, i think there ought to be a section dedicated to TVB newest hits.. which are available to buy... i dont just mean the old classic old series..but the ones that had high ratings in the viewers chart.

i mean american series like CSI, 24 Friends plus scores of hits have made it to the shelves and into peoples christmas stockings..

I wish TVB did the same..as i think WAB, SOY,AR series etc deserve to be on the shelves..

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

One word : Money.
    Another Word : Piracy
    Another Another word : greedy
    Another Another Another Word : Expensive.
    Sam and Zoe are FOREVER and EVER!
    Please visit :Codename : Dreams|| Get TVB Theme songs here & here

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    In case you guys didn't know, TVB DOES release their series on DVD format. I know for sure they do because I have seen them before. I even bought a set of LOCH 83 DVDs for my friend. I knew this girl who sold TVB series on DVD as well... I am not sure if they are available in the US, but I know for sure that they do exist...... I think they are also the real sets too, not any bootlegged copies. About whether they are edited or not, I am not sure since I haven't watched any of them yet. I just bought some sets to give to others as a gift....
    damn if I had LOCH 83 DVD, I'd pay an arm and a leg, was very happy when it came out on VCD, very disappointed it wasn't the same as the VHS copies I had, heavily edited VCD...............why why........................ took me years to get the soundtrack.

Default dvds for sale with english subtitles?

does anyone know where i can get tvb serials in dvd with english subs?
    thanks!!

hey!!! i wonder those pple don understand either cantonese or chinese one ah!!! how they watch TVB drama!!!!! Is it the show got dubbed with their language or is it the show is in cantonese or chinese but with english subtitle!!!! haha.. er.. quite complicated lah!!! hehe
    My idol: Jay Chou, JJ Lin, Junyang, Jae Hee, Julian Cheung, Jimmy Lin, Mike He, Kingone Wang, Raymond Lam, Tank, Hyun Bin.

Default Anyone have "Legend of Dik Ching" for sale?

If you have the Cantonese version of Legend of Dik Ching 1986 with Miu Kiu Wai in it, and is willing to sell, please email me at [email protected] with a specified price. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by stArXjOey
    hey!!! i wonder those pple don understand either cantonese or chinese one ah!!! how they watch TVB drama!!!!! Is it the show got dubbed with their language or is it the show is in cantonese or chinese but with english subtitle!!!! haha.. er.. quite complicated lah!!! hehe
    We watch it dubbed in our own language.

Default should i buy legend of condor heroes 83 vcd

i know i made a thread b4 but no one answered i want to know if its worth it because i know that tvb cut scenes

sorry to retrive an old thread, even though the new series are now all on dvd, I really wish tvb would release the classic ones on dvd.
    SOH, ATE and ATEII for example, have parts that are edited out on vcds (especially on ATE), which i think are unfair treatments to the series, and to the consumers as a whole as those vcds are not cheap
    I felt before I thought.

-- Jean Jacques Rousseau

**signs**
    Really wouldn't mind buying them at a reasonable price

Default The Greed of Man VCDs

Not sure if this thread is in the right section, but anyway..

As everyone knows, TVB is notorious for making cuts in old series released on vcds, some are minor and tolerable, while others are heavily edited. I plan to purchase vcds for 'The Greed of Man', a classic series which I have blurred memories of watching in HK but have not actually seen completely. Can anyone who have seen both the actual version and the vcd cut tell me whether the editings are bearable in the vcd version (ie major scenes omitted, discontinuity, general feel, etc.) before I decide to buy it? Thanks.
    I felt before I thought.

-- Jean Jacques Rousseau

Default ATE VCD

I have recorded ATE and ATE II on tape years ago when they showed it on TV. Now i want to get the VCDs for these shows. I know TVB likes to edit stuff out on their VCD releases. Anyone who have seen the ATE VCDs care to tell me if the editings are acceptable? (ie any weird/interupted progression of the plot due to editing? whether the editing affect the shows alot (a la the editing from the GREED OF MAN)), thanks!

i think there are considerable among of cuts (up to 4 eps material) on the ATE VCDs.. anyone confirm this for me?
    I felt before I thought.

-- Jean Jacques Rousseau

Default where to buy tvb DVDs in L.A.?

does anyone know where to buy dvds in L.A. other than online? im currently renting dvds in Montery Park but would like to purchase my own.

please let me know if u guys know where to get them yeah?

thanks

Me too. I want to buy these TVB series on DVD.