Page 53 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1978

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Maz999 View Post
    The only thing I remember from this series is the themesong by Danny Chan Pak-keung... nice song it was too.
    Well, one additional highlight of this series was the performance of Yeung Jak Lam, who had a major supporting role in this series. Yeung Jak Lam is known to most TVB fans as the actor who portrayed West Poison Au Yeung Fung in LOCH 82, and that's the only image that these viewers have of this actor (he did only a few series for TVB, spending most of his career at R/ATV)...as a despicable and frightening wuxia villain.

In RAINBOW ROUND MY SHOULDER, viewers got to see Yeung Jak Lam in a very uncommon role for him. Not only was this a modern series set in the mid-1980s, but Yeung played a very likeable and funny guy. His character's catchphrase, "I ought to make you my idol," (which the character often said when he was frustrated or exasperated by the actions of the other characters) became all the rage for a few months in Hong Kong around 1984.

Thanks for the update Wargods! I don't get why Yesasia always says that series are no longer for sale when it just came out?? That doesn't even make sense!!Why aren't they releasing more ancient classic series and modern classic series??I wonder why the releases are so random???Wierd...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Thanks for the update Wargods! I don't get why Yesasia always says that series are no longer for sale when it just came out?? That doesn't even make sense!!Why aren't they releasing more ancient classic series and modern classic series??I wonder why the releases are so random???Wierd...
    Where do you live Trinie? If you don't live in the states, you can't order cause Taiseng DVDs are only for the US. I live in Canada and it will say the same thing for me. Sometimes you get lucky and get it on the pre order and they have no choice but to ship it to you. Most of the times, they don't allow it.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

you can rename the us.yesasia.com part from the url to global.yesasia.com like:

http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept...id-1005103405/

You can see the price from this link, but you can order it only if you live outside the United Sates. The price is 2x of the Taiseng releases.

Quote Originally Posted by wargods View Post

You can see the price from this link, but you can order it only if you live outside the United Sates. The price is 2x of the Taiseng releases.
    When you change it to global.yesasia.com, it turns into the TVBI version instead of Tai Seng.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    Where do you live Trinie? If you don't live in the states, you can't order cause Taiseng DVDs are only for the US. I live in Canada and it will say the same thing for me. Sometimes you get lucky and get it on the pre order and they have no choice but to ship it to you. Most of the times, they don't allow it.
    Hi Almo!
    I live in California, so yea I do live in the states. Therefore, I still don't understand why they do it to me. Or is it because I am in the global site?? I always make sure I am in the US site of yesasia. I have been their customer since 1999...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by wargods View Post

Thanks for the info wargods! I did that but since I live in the US, I can't order that version. Also, even when I am in the US site of yesasia it still says that the product is no longer for sale... I still don't get it....

Thanks for the info wargods! I did that but since I live in the US, I can't order that version. Also, even when I am in the US site of yesasia it still says that the product is no longer for sale... I still don't get it....
    Okay I think I know why now. Right now the Yesasia site only has the TVBI version of that series and since you are in the US, that version is not available to you. You will have to wait until the TaiSeng version is available on the site.

Okay I think I know why now. Right now the Yesasia site only has the TVBI version of that series and since you are in the US, that version is not available to you. You will have to wait until the TaiSeng version is available on the site.
    Oh so that is the reason why... Thanks for the info!I don't get what is the big difference between all of these different versions....I have noticed that even one singer's album can have all of these different versions... I guess the distributors just want to make money.... THey just add in a little gift and or some bonus thing to make fans buy more than one version...

Oh so that is the reason why... Thanks for the info!I don't get what is the big difference between all of these different versions....I have noticed that even one singer's album can have all of these different versions... I guess the distributors just want to make money.... THey just add in a little gift and or some bonus thing to make fans buy more than one version...
    There's really 2 different versions that are available to most of us. I've seen different ones like for those Jin Yong sets where there's a million different kinds, but generally there's 2 versions. There is the Tai Seng and TVBI version. Tai Seng is HUGE in the states. So big that TVB has to slap their logo on their DVD sets. The main difference is in packaging. Generally the cover art is the same except for some minor things. There were exceptions like the Tai Seng versions of Legendary Four Aces, King of Yesterday and Tomorrow and Golden Faith all had atrocious covers. Especially the first 2. Also, Tai Seng likes to have one box for 40 episode shows. TVBI likes to split them up into 2 boxes making it 20 episodes each. DVD menus for both version were generally the same until recently. Tai Seng decided to have their own menus with english and chinese on it. They all look like crap. I can put up some screenshots sometime.

There's really 2 different versions that are available to most of us. I've seen different ones like for those Jin Yong sets where there's a million different kinds, but generally there's 2 versions. There is the Tai Seng and TVBI version. Tai Seng is HUGE in the states. So big that TVB has to slap their logo on their DVD sets. The main difference is in packaging. Generally the cover art is the same except for some minor things. There were exceptions like the Tai Seng versions of Legendary Four Aces, King of Yesterday and Tomorrow and Golden Faith all had atrocious covers. Especially the first 2. Also, Tai Seng likes to have one box for 40 episode shows. TVBI likes to split them up into 2 boxes making it 20 episodes each. DVD menus for both version were generally the same until recently. Tai Seng decided to have their own menus with english and chinese on it. They all look like crap. I can put up some screenshots sometime.
    Thanks for the info! I never kept track of all the little details. I also don't buy 2-3 versions either. I usually only get one and that's it. Unless one of my sets had a defect that I can't fix then I would buy another one, but that is rare though since they cost so much money... The next thing you know, they will come out with these on Blue ray and all... Boy, are we really going to buy yet another set?? HM....

Thanks for the info! I never kept track of all the little details. I also don't buy 2-3 versions either. I usually only get one and that's it. Unless one of my sets had a defect that I can't fix then I would buy another one, but that is rare though since they cost so much money... The next thing you know, they will come out with these on Blue ray and all... Boy, are we really going to buy yet another set?? HM....
    I don't buy more than one version for TVB stuff cause it would cost too much. I bought a couple of Tai Seng sets myself, but I usually buy TVBI. My dad buys Tai Seng, so I always compare.

I don't think classic TVB shows will be released on Blu Ray or HD DVD, cause all their shows are not shot in HD. I'm fine with DVDs. For shows shot in HD like Drive of Life, I would definitely buy it on Blu Ray and HD DVD. I already have a mini collection that is growing for high definition.

I don't think classic TVB shows will be released on Blu Ray or HD DVD, cause all their shows are not shot in HD.
    For the older series, I think HD or Blu Ray will just reveal more of the limitations of film/videotape back in the 1970s and 1980s. On LOCH '82 and ROCH '83, I was surprised by how many flaws were exposed by the crystal clarity of the digitally remastered DVD images. I don't think TVB expected audiences to see the images that clearly back in the 1970s and 1980s.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    For the older series, I think HD or Blu Ray will just reveal more of the limitations of film/videotape back in the 1970s and 1980s. On LOCH '82 and ROCH '83, I was surprised by how many flaws were exposed by the crystal clarity of the digitally remastered DVD images. I don't think TVB expected audiences to see the images that clearly back in the 1970s and 1980s.
    LOL. Like the orange juice in LOCH hahaha.

LOL. Like the orange juice in LOCH hahaha.
    Yeah. On the fuzzy VHS, I always thought it was a chopstick holder.

people living in bukit batok...i can recommend you a good vcd rental store.can find all tvb drams there.

hihi,

I'm a Singapore TVB Fan too.

Normally, I rent TVB series from my nearby video shop.

Im new to this forum and I don't really noe where to post...If im wrong, adminstrators plz transfer the thread..

Im have not watch VV drama for veri long and wonder whether have My family shown before last time cause im watching currently, if it did not, i maybe able to find the disc, if it is shown before on VV drama i may not get it easily..

Im not sure whether VV drama shows different shows in diff country so just telling you im from Singapore...

Thanks

Dude, ur paragraph was full of errors!!!!!!!

Nowadays,I try to watch TVB drama series online.I have watched'The Drive Of Life'(60 Episodes) and 'Glittering Days'(30 Episodes)so far.I used to rent the series from a Vcd shop and I had to spend so much.