Page 59 of 99 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1978

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

Quote Originally Posted by kris2099 View Post
    Also, any idea if there would be a release of LOCH and ROCH on DVDs from the 1970's starring Michelle Yim as Wong Rong and Li Tao Ming as Xiao Long Nu?
    That series doesn't belong to TVB. The 1970s LOCH series was produced by Commercial Television, a short-lived third television studio (independent of TVB and ATV's predecessor, RTV) that operated in Hong Kong only between 1975 and 1978. I think Commercial Television only produced LOCH, not ROCH, during its brief existence in the 1970s.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    That series doesn't belong to TVB. The 1970s LOCH series was produced by Commercial Television, a short-lived third television studio (independent of TVB and ATV's predecessor, RTV) that operated in Hong Kong only between 1975 and 1978. I think Commercial Television only produced LOCH, not ROCH, during its brief existence in the 1970s.
    But the company Commercial TV didn't last long before they finally went bankrupt. TVB bought the rights of all their series. TVB just *might* release the 70's LOCH/ROCH someday...

Not sure if they are gonna release Chor Lau Heung since it's already on VCD. Unless TVB will start a Gu Long collection. The Jin Yong collection just stopped for some reason. I want Luk Siu Fung on DVD!
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    But the company Commercial TV didn't last long before they finally went bankrupt. TVB bought the rights of all their series. TVB just *might* release the 70's LOCH/ROCH someday...
    When Commercial TV went bust in 1978, TVB did take in many of CTV's talent as if they were refugees, and TVB actually gained a number of personnel who would become among its most prominent personalities of the late 1970s and 1980s (and beyond) such as Michelle Mai and Dodo Cheng, among others. What I didn't know, however, is that TVB also acquired CTV's film and video library.

TVB DVDs sets in which country.

I don't know abt others but in S'pore e DvDs cost quite x

Any idea about why they went bankrupt? What is the story behind that? That is sad to hear though... Thanks for sharing the info! Did all of the stars and staff join TVB after that?
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Any idea about why they went bankrupt? What is the story behind that? That is sad to hear though... Thanks for sharing the info! Did all of the stars and staff join TVB after that?
    The short, but fascinating history of Commercial Television, Hong Kong.

I don't know if TVB picked up everybody who was at CTV, but quite a few of CTV's people did end up with TVB.

I just bought Once Upon a Time in Shanghai and Conqueror's Story. Wow the transfers on both of them are excellent. Looks like TVB really improved the quality. On the Conqueror's Story DVD, there was a trailer for Instinct. The quality of it looked better than the original DVD set of Instinct.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

There are always so many different versions of each set that I get so confused. Gosh, you guys should have seen how many different versions of DVD sets there were for LOCH. One of my friends had to buy several sets before she got one that she was was satisfied with... What a pain...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    There are always so many different versions of each set that I get so confused. Gosh, you guys should have seen how many different versions of DVD sets there were for LOCH. One of my friends had to buy several sets before she got one that she was was satisfied with... What a pain...
    Yeah there was a bunch of LOCH sets out there, but the transfer of the video audio should be the same on all sets. It looks like Tai Seng has stopped creating its own menus. Conqueror's Story, Once Upon a Time in Shanghai and War of In Laws are indentical to TVBI versions now.

I would really be interested to see Michelle Yim's Wong Yung. I always thought she would be perfect as the role and I read that her portrayal was extremely well received.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Bogeyman is half right on this one. TVB does own the copyrights of CTV 's LOCH/ROCH, but not all the series.
    TVB has some good ones, and ATV also has a few of them.
    TVB's pay channel in hk replayed ROCH last December.
    Last edited by wargods; 04-26-08 at 01:20 AM.

Currently in production:

The Wild Bunch 十三太保 (1982)
    Ten Brothers 十兄弟 (2005/2007)
    Last edited by wargods; 05-01-08 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wargods View Post
    Currently in production:

The Wild Bunch 十三太保 (1982)
    This one was quite popular back in the day. Something for the wuxia fans to chew on between DGSD '81 and LOCH '82.

Looks like some of the releases are getting better, but still too many filler series being released like Angels of Mission. We are almost halfway through the year and no Bund.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    Looks like some of the releases are getting better, but still too many filler series being released like Angels of Mission. We are almost halfway through the year and no Bund.
    Don't mention The Bund please. I am sure you don't want to see Ken bashing TVB in this thread again.

Quote Originally Posted by wargods View Post
    Don't mention The Bund please. I am sure you don't want to see Ken bashing TVB in this thread again.
    Oh, didn't you guys hear? Ah Fook traded away THE BUND's master tapes to ATV for a tray of dim sum back in 2006. ATV promptly burned the master tapes.

That's right, kiddies: your 28-year old videotapes and those crappy VCDs are now the ONLY source material for THE BUND now!

ALL HAIL AH FOOK! The man whose IQ is surpassed by his beltsize, and who was the ONLY individual qualified to make licensing decisions for TVBI!

Woo-hoo!

OMG Ken, for a moment I thought you were serious.. Hm.... I am thinking that they are still saving the Bund for when they really run out of series to release. THEN, they will all of a sudden release it to surprise us all..... You can all be happy and they can cash in!!!! OR, maybe they will be releasing the Bund in Blue Ray... Who knows?? They might do that to make big bucks, you never know...

Look like Tai Seng signed a new contract with TVB to include all states in the US for their DVDs. Tai Seng is going with the HK packaging now. The only difference is the Tai Seng and For Sale in US labels at the back. Tai Seng usually has the one box for 40 episode shows. They are following the HK versions with the Part 1 and 2 boxes. We will also no longer see "Disk 1-5" in english on the spine. Pretty much the Tai Seng versions will be identical with the HK versions. The DVD menus will also be the same.

Meanwhile in Canada, looks like our distributor Video Box got canned by TVB and will no longer distribute TVB shows here in Canada. They really messed up big time. I don't think we have an authorized dealer now.

Default dear mr.wargods

i want to know why tvb don't release the new adventure of chor lau heung 1984 version in dvd. i love that series but i have only vcd version. how to tell tvb to release it.