Page 5 of 99 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

may i ask how do people staying in the states get to watch tvb series? through cables?

Quote Originally Posted by momoko
    may i ask how do people staying in the states get to watch tvb series? through cables?
    One is by renting. I think there's this channel called "Jade" that has some TVB series.

As for buying, try eBAY or something.

Quote Originally Posted by momoko
    We rent it from the TVB stores. There are a lot of TVB stores around the Asian community areas and some of the TVB stores are inside the oriental grocery market.

Like Consideration said, we can also subscribe to satellite cable called Jadeworld, that's what I had at home. There are 2 TVB channels (east & west), TVBS mandarin channel, 1 chinese movies channel & CCTV.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Exclamation Need help!!

Hi, I been serching all over the net and could not find a site that sells a old tvb series called "a time of taste" starring Jacqueline Law. Jacqueline Law is my favirte actor and I want to get this series asap, so please if you guys can help me find a site that has this for sell I will be a happy man. THank yOU Very Much =)

Default buying eternal happiness dvd?

hiii, doesn any1 knows where i can buy the dvd cantonese in stores i mean i live in europe ...

thanks..

can't help ya i am also like you in a foreign land which doesn't sells dvd of tvb series but don't worry,you can buy tvb dvds on Ebay you just have to search the title of the dvd eg.Split Second
    Hope that helps ya!

Default TVB DVDs

Sorry if this is old news, but I just heard that the TVB DVDs(in Chinese) are uncut and have great quality. That is sooo great to hear. Also, they will be releasing ROCH(and probably other series as well) on DVD uncut with English subtitles. THe only thing is that the price is really expensive. I heard that ROCH on DVD uncut will be around $300. I thought the Viet DVD was already expensive and it wasn't nearly that much. Anyone plan on buying any of the TVB DVD sets??
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    Sorry if this is old news, but I just heard that the TVB DVDs(in Chinese) are uncut and have great quality. That is sooo great to hear. Also, they will be releasing ROCH(and probably other series as well) on DVD uncut with English subtitles. THe only thing is that the price is really expensive. I heard that ROCH on DVD uncut will be around $300. I thought the Viet DVD was already expensive and it wasn't nearly that much. Anyone plan on buying any of the TVB DVD sets??
    omg tooo much for me
    http://carmanlee.18.forumer.com/ <<< Web tui

http://tuoixuanxanh.com << check it out !!!

TommyH
    Unregistered

Like one whole set? (the whole series)? $300 no way!

the most i'll spend on 1 set will be $50 top. But if its a series I really want.. I could use up to $70.

is this in the US?

Where can you buy them? I'm really tempted to buy some of them because I'm a quality freak... well at least compared to most Asians.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Hi,
    You can preorder the English subbed version of ROCH DVDs for $140
    at yesasia. It will be available 2/10/06. I don't know if it is uncut.

no way........$300? no chance of tat!

Wow you guys are so rich...paying $50 bucks..you know you can get tvb dvds on ebay for cheap eh...like some of the retail dvds are about 25USD...or you can get compressed ones for 10 USD....
    "ONE MORE DAY
    ONE MORE TIME
    ONE MORE SUNSET,MAYBE I'D BE SATISFIED
    BUT THEN AGAIN
    I KNOW WHAT IT WOULD DO
    LEAVE ME WISHIN STILL,ONE MORE DAY WITH YOU"

Quote Originally Posted by ETERNAL HAPPINESS
    Wow you guys are so rich...paying $50 bucks..you know you can get tvb dvds on ebay for cheap eh...like some of the retail dvds are about 25USD...or you can get compressed ones for 10 USD....
    I am against bootlegs.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

i bought the asitp dvds from yesasia, cost me $110...but still haven't received them yet
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

TVB ROCH? You mean the old tv series right? In Singapore the TVB dvd sets are selling for about or slightly more than the vcd version which goes for about S$90 per set. Even then I'm not stupid or rich enough to pay that kind of price for something that I might watch at most 2 times. Much cheaper to rent a 9-disc dvd set for S$27.

yes, andy lau and idy chan's version
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

If it's 300 in US dollars then I do not think it's worth it. I bought that set in vcd format for about 60 Singapore dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    yes, andy lau and idy chan's version

Well, I am not sure if it was in American dollars. But I personally would not pay that much myself in American dollars. I think my friend was referring to HK dollars or some other currency. You can pre-order this set from yesasia right now. My friend bought Racing Peak and she said EVERY part is included and the quality is great( I think it is much better than the Viet DVDs).The DVDs are in the NTSC format too.

TO Canuck21, YOu can pre-order the set at yesasia right now. It won't be out until Feb. 10. My friend said the quality for other series released on DVD are good too. But not all of them are English subtitled so make sure it is English subtitled if that is what you want.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.