Page 61 of 99 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1978

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

You guys aren't going to believe this but I just recently had a dream about the Bund releasing on DVD uncut... Ok, sorry that it is just a dream but I have a feeling that it will come true soon...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

well. if you want the original you can get it from poh kim cuz that's where i got mine.. as for the sequel.. i have no idea.. (the sequel you mean is "to catch a thief" with gallen and maggie right?) you can try poh kim too cuz that's where all the tvb dramas are..

WOW...I've been searching the web for several months religiously trying to find out what new series will be released on dvd next, and god am i happy to stumble on this forum. YOu guys are professionals!...thank-you!

almo89 - i'm afraid to ask how big of a collection you have and if you need to rent a storage space to hold them all?

Question for everyone, has anyone purchased from DVDAsian before...particularly the Smiling Proud Wanderer DVD. Is this legit? I know its in Region 3, but i have a dvd player that plays all regions. http://www.dvdasian.com/_e/TVB/produ..._Region_3_.htm

haha yeah im having problems finding space for my DVDs, blu rays and all. Those TVB stuff hog up a lot of space too.

The Smiling Pround Wanderer DVD looks legit, but it's the Taiwanese version, so there's a chance that's a VCD port. I bought the Adam Cheng version of Chor Lau Heung from that distributor and it was just a VCD port. I would be very careful before buying.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

thanks Almo! I'll keep that in mind. I'll wait until its officially released by TVB instead.

Default tvbeshop

what happen with tvbeshop. i remember that last year i can find the new release of vcd and dvd there but now i can not.

Quote Originally Posted by atichart View Post
    what happen with tvbeshop. i remember that last year i can find the new release of vcd and dvd there but now i can not.
    They kinda quietly closed it down. Not sure why, but you can get better deals at Yesasia and eBay these days.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

I am seeking advices from you guys on the hot titles. I have created a new thread on this. Hope that someone could give me some hints into this:

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=24179
    Please be aware that we do not allow the use of advertisements for DVDs or other related media on this forum. Thank you ~ Moderator.

oh my god, i know exactly how you feel. i have also been searching for this series for the longest time, for years it seem. I watched it dub in Thai (although Thai is not my home language) and am constantly looking for it. i know it exist because i have seen it but it's been so long that no website have it anymore. after years of searching i was able to find a website where i could order it in thai but couldn't find a way to order it because i couldn't read a single thing on the website (i could understand thai but i can't read in thai!). it was so frustrating and sad.

So, i would also like to ask this of any member who happen to see this thread, If you are able to find this series and willing to order it for me in thai dub, i promise i would pay you the full refund and make it worth your while.
    I don't make my decisions fearing fate, Fate makes his.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    Look like Tai Seng signed a new contract with TVB to include all states in the US for their DVDs. Tai Seng is going with the HK packaging now. The only difference is the Tai Seng and For Sale in US labels at the back. Tai Seng usually has the one box for 40 episode shows. They are following the HK versions with the Part 1 and 2 boxes. We will also no longer see "Disk 1-5" in english on the spine. Pretty much the Tai Seng versions will be identical with the HK versions. The DVD menus will also be the same.

Meanwhile in Canada, looks like our distributor Video Box got canned by TVB and will no longer distribute TVB shows here in Canada. They really messed up big time. I don't think we have an authorized dealer now.
    How come Yesasia said the videos are released by TVBI if Tvb signed a contract with TaiSeng as its distributor in US?
    Here's an example of what I'm referring to. The video is a US version, but under publisher, it says TVBI
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1010043261/

Is this from TVB or Taiseng?

Quote Originally Posted by godiva View Post
    How come Yesasia said the videos are released by TVBI if Tvb signed a contract with TaiSeng as its distributor in US?
    Here's an example of what I'm referring to. The video is a US version, but under publisher, it says TVBI
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1010043261/

Is this from TVB or Taiseng?
    TaiSeng no longer does the packaging, so if you look at the back of the box, you will see TVBI's big logo and TaiSeng's logo will still be there. With regards to Yesasia, the publisher should still say TaiSeng. The link you sent was for Ups and Down in the sea of love. It's either a typo or TaiSeng never released that one. I'm not too sure about it, but all the other shows still show TaiSeng as the publisher.

There're a couple US version series on yesasia saying TVBI as the publisher. Gosh, Information is so confusing on yesasia. I guess I am less resistant to taiseng now that TVBI handles the packaging, thanks almo

i want to know about the next 1980's tvb series dvd release schedule.
    tell me please.

Question Where can I buy "鳄鱼潭“ ("Good Old Times") in NYC?

Hello,

Does anybody know where I can buy “鳄鱼潭” (Good Old Times) DVD in NYC? This old Chow YunFat series was shot right after ”上海滩“ (The Bund), sort of a comedic version of "The Bund". I've tried Yesasia and a few other online outlets without any luck. Or if anyone is willing to sell his/her DVD, pls let me know. Thanks.

JSC

just finished this series, really good!
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

1993-2008 .. 15 years pass .. I watched this series when I was young. Besides the famous 'jump off the building' scene, I remember this sad scene..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bP3czIpjzw

And this scene (Lau Cheng Wan and Vivian Chow sing together)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3apmfI_y2w
    Last edited by BlueWhiteRed; 07-01-08 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWhiteRed View Post
    1993-2008 .. 15 years pass .. I watched this series when I was young. Besides the famous 'jump off the building' scene, I remember this sad scene..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bP3czIpjzw

And this scene (Lau Cheng Wan and Vivian Chow sing together)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3apmfI_y2w
    Oh yes, I was more affected by Sister Ling's dying scene than the infamous five jumping moments.

Love Lau Ching Wan and Vivian in it, all their scenes together were terrific. I like Amy Kwok in it and I do sympathesize with her ending but I am not going to deny how glad I am that Lau Ching Wan's character chose Vivian's.

Great casting for this drama serial. Damian, Yammie, Lau Ching Wan, Vivian, Amy (it's her first role if I am not wrong), Adam, Michael Tao (his role was the most hateful in the entire show), Yeung Ling, Law Lok Lam, Lai Hsuan, etc, everyone has acted so convincingly. The only weak performance, IMHO, is Loretta Lee. And I do recalling thinking how charamistic Bowie is in that show

Man...this series causes me bucket of tears! Especially the earlier part when Damian became mentally retarded, Yammie still loves him and took care of him & his children.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

yammie is such a talented actress along with adam cheng. im surprised by loretta's performance tho, she was pretty good. and my favorite actor david siu performs solid again
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Watched this for the 3rd time a couple of years ago and it is just as good as the other times I saw it.

Hard to pick a "SADDEST" scene, since there are so many, but the top 2 would be:

1) the sisters getting tossed off the roof. that was just simply shocking and brutal. The first time I saw the series I was around 16, and I was thinking WTF?

2) Lau Ching Wan's stepmom dying and him crying "my mommy just died". Shit, it makes me a little teary right now just thinking about that scene.

awesome show. just awesome.