Page 6 of 99 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21
    I am against bootlegs.
    aint' u rich......

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    TVB ROCH? You mean the old tv series right? In Singapore the TVB dvd sets are selling for about or slightly more than the vcd version which goes for about S$90 per set.
    Are you referring to ROCH DVD? It's out in Singapore already? (If so, where?) Is it the same one on YesAsia?

YesAsia is expensive.. but I haven't been able to find the ROCH DVD on other online stores.

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

how are the quality for Chinese on DVD? are they same as Chinese series for DVD rental?

Quote Originally Posted by ETERNAL HAPPINESS
    Wow you guys are so rich...paying $50 bucks..you know you can get tvb dvds on ebay for cheap eh...like some of the retail dvds are about 25USD...or you can get compressed ones for 10 USD....
    These aren't real DVD quality. ROCH has never been released on DVD, so the source for these bootlegs is either VCD or VHS. The quality for both sucks.

Sample from a bootleg of the official TVB VCD:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.smallapple.net/reviews/roch1983/roch_src1_ep5_chap3_0710tn.jpg')
    (Sharper, but blocky on fast action and scene transitions)

Sample from a bootleg VCD from VHS:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.smallapple.net/reviews/roch1983/roch_src2_ep9_chap1_0416tn.jpg')
    (Non-blocky, but very soft)

wat do u expect from VCD....only dvd is the best.......

No, no miscommunication. ROCH dvd of Andy and Idy not available. Only the vcd is.
    TVB dvd in SG only of the more recent shows.

Quote Originally Posted by nhyone
    Are you referring to ROCH DVD? It's out in Singapore already? (If so, where?) Is it the same one on YesAsia?

YesAsia is expensive.. but I haven't been able to find the ROCH DVD on other online stores.

No, no miscommunication. ROCH dvd of Andy and Idy not available. Only the vcd is.
    TVB dvd in SG only of the more recent shows.
    The Yesasia version will be on dvd with English subs. From their site:

" This classic title now comes back on DVD with English subtitles! Most of the scenes deleted in the VCD version are now added back for fans to have a fuller enjoyment of this classic. "

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004094598/

No, no miscommunication. ROCH dvd of Andy and Idy not available. Only the vcd is. TVB dvd in SG only of the more recent shows.
    Okay, looks like I should wait and see if it turns up in Singapore before I buy online. S$90 is much cheaper than US$140! (I'm using S$90 assuming the TVB series are priced in the same range.)

TVB should give sample screenshots instead of merely telling us the quality is good.

I know they want the best possible quality, but does it need to be 10 DVDs? I've a feeling that they are single layer discs...

Quote Originally Posted by vaw
    The Yesasia version will be on dvd with English subs. From their site:

" This classic title now comes back on DVD with English subtitles! Most of the scenes deleted in the VCD version are now added back for fans to have a fuller enjoyment of this classic. "

Just most of the scenes? I hope they didn't meant it that way. It will suck if they still cut out some scenes. When will Chinese understand that people want to see the series as they were shown originally? That's an absolute must!
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    TO Canuck21, YOu can pre-order the set at yesasia right now. It won't be out until Feb. 10. My friend said the quality for other series released on DVD are good too. But not all of them are English subtitled so make sure it is English subtitled if that is what you want.
    Thanks Trinie. I think your friend meant 300 in $HK. Although $140 is still expensive, it is understandable if you consider the Asian market which is a much tougher sell considering Asians are not much of a collector crowd and a little on the cheap side when it comes to DVDs.

You are welcome Canuck21. Well, I am not 100% sure about whether ROCH is not cut at all, but my friend has bought other series and said that EVERY little bit is included. Lets hope that it is the same for ROCH.I am guessing that every part is included since it is for other series as well. It wouldn't make sense for ROCH to be cut while other series aren't/ The DVD for ROCH will be coming out in Feb. of 2006.

I didn't see the DVDs myself so don't quote me on this. My friend just said that the DVDs have really good quality and she is a quality freak too. Therefore, if she said the quality is good, then it must be pretty good.
    Last edited by Trinie; 01-24-06 at 06:13 PM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

If I base the dvd quality of the current series then I'd say that it is good quality. But why buy unless you intend to rewatch it several times at least? I prefer to rent the dvd sets at 1/4 of the selling price.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    You are welcome Canuck21. Well, I am not 100% sure about whether ROCH is not cut at all, but my friend has bought other series and said that EVERY little bit is included. Lets hope that it is the same for ROCH.I am guessing that every part is included since it is for other series as well. It wouldn't make sense for ROCH to be cut while other series aren't/ The DVD for ROCH will be coming out in Feb. of 2006.

I didn't see the DVDs myself so don't quote me on this. My friend just said that the DVDs have really good quality and she is a quality freak too. Therefore, if she said the quality is good, then it must be pretty good.
    I thought that the VCDs were not bad looking considering the media's limitations so the DVDs should be good.

If I base the dvd quality of the current series then I'd say that it is good quality. But why buy unless you intend to rewatch it several times at least? I prefer to rent the dvd sets at 1/4 of the selling price.
    Obviously, those who buy the DVDs will rewatch them. Then again, there are many people out there who buy tons of DVDs but don't watch all of them.

Default The Return Of The Condor Heroes (English Subtitled DVD) (TVB Series)

Finally coming out on DVD, this is the 1983 version.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://erinle.com/roch1983/images/condor06.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://erinle.com/roch1983/images/condor04.jpg')

I bought Step into the Past, Legendary 4 Aces and Racing Peak on DVD already. All look great since it's on DVD 9 so they have 4 episodes on each DVD without any compression needed. Everything is uncut. It's like watching on the TV so u get to see every scene, every opening and every subsong at the end of each episode. Some people were dissapointed that the 3 DVD sets above didn't have english subtitles. Im happy that ROCH will have it. Now i was born and raised in Vancouver but i understand and can speak cantonese fluently. So subtitles don't matter to me but i know that a lot of overseas ppl really want the english subs. I mean i think overseas is where TVB makes a lot of there money. Last year i went to hong kong for the first time and i was looking for New Adventures of Chor Lau Heung on VCD. It took me so long b4 i can find it. So i came to a conclusion that HK ppl don't really collect these things whereas overseas ppl are more into it.

Finally i don't have to shell out money on VCD sets anymore. Im like u Canuck21, im against bootlegging. Even though TVB VCD was crap, i still bought my favourite series'. TVB sets are relatively cheaper here compared to Yesasia US dollar prices.
    Last edited by almo89; 01-26-06 at 09:11 PM.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

I wonder what else will be released............any more info from TVB?

I hope Journey To The West and HSDS!
    Journey To The West

The Great Sun Wukong, the Monkey King!!!

Wow you're all so rich...I got no money so I got to settle for the bootlegs til I have money...=P
    "ONE MORE DAY
    ONE MORE TIME
    ONE MORE SUNSET,MAYBE I'D BE SATISFIED
    BUT THEN AGAIN
    I KNOW WHAT IT WOULD DO
    LEAVE ME WISHIN STILL,ONE MORE DAY WITH YOU"

Do you know if it is the complete version of Roch? Because the VCD version has been cut down.