Page 7 of 99 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus
    Do you know if it is the complete version of Roch? Because the VCD version has been cut down.

yes.

"This classic title now comes back on DVD with English subtitles! Most of the scenes deleted in the VCD version are now added back for fans to have a fuller enjoyment of this classic. "

I heard that LOCH will be one of the next series to be released on DVD. I think it will also have English subtitles, but I am not 100% sure yet. I heard that the series that they have released on VCD already will be re-released again on DVD with English subtitles, but am not 100% sure so please don't quote me on any of this...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I got insider news from a owner of a CD/DVD shop that Duke of Mount Deer will be released soon. I trust him on this because he said ROCH was coming out b4 it was announced.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Aah.. I wanna purchase it.. but look the price..
    I'll wait for a price drop

Hmmm, if ROCH 83 really gets released on dvd with English subtitles, I'm quite tempted to get the set. I already have the Viet dubbed version on dvd, but the picture quality is very grainy and the dubbing isn't exactly the best. Not at all to my liking. I would love to hear Andy and Idy's real voices as the famed Condor couple.

Hi Tweety!
    The DVDs for ROCH will be released on Febuary 10 in with English subtitles. However, I personally don't like subtitles since they are way off. I have seen ROCH in Chinese before.Their real voices are nice, but there are times that Andy sounds like he is mumbling. But Andy does have a nice voice.... The picture quality will be really good...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Hey Trinie. Thanks for the info.

Yesasia usually do good jobs with English subs. Almost all the Korean series I've seen that have been subtitled by Yesasia are well done. I'll wait and ask those who get them first tell me the quality before getting them. I just want the whole "feel" of ROCH in the actual language. I know the series almost backward, so I probably won't need the English subtitles.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    I heard that LOCH will be one of the next series to be released on DVD. I think it will also have English subtitles, but I am not 100% sure yet. I heard that the series that they have released on VCD already will be re-released again on DVD with English subtitles, but am not 100% sure so please don't quote me on any of this...
    Thanks Trinie for the info even if it's not 100 %. If ROCH has English subtitles, I don't see why LOCH wouldn't have, it's only logical.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

ROCH should be uncut. If u read on the box, it states in chinese that it's the full version.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Default Is Legend Of Condor Heroes 1982 VCDs worth getting??

I'm thinking of getting Legend Of Condor Heroes 1982 VCDs but don't want it butchered like ROCH.

Does anyone know how much has been edited and whether they are worth getting? And are they releasing a DVD version like Return Of The Condor Heroes 83?
    Last edited by Ronaldo07; 02-05-06 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Saw it
    Have you come here to play Jesus?

You are welcome Canuck! Are you going to get the DVDs?? I might... but am not sure yet.. Well, not necessarily since Racing Peak, Grand Canal and other series that are being released on DVD only have Chinese subtitles. However, I am guessing that LOCH will have English subtitles as well...

To Tweety!
    You are welcome. Actually, I don't think it is Yesasia that is doing the subtitles. TVB is releasing it and Yesasia is just one of the sellers.... Also, the Viet translations are not always accurate either. I have seen the series in Viet and Chinese and noticed how off some of it is, but you can't blame them since it is a translation. Something is always lost in translation.... There are things that cannot be translated from Chinese to Viet( not directly anyway).
    Last edited by Trinie; 02-06-06 at 08:02 PM.

Thanks for the info Trinie! Well, if your friend gets the dvd, please let me know the quality of the subtitles and picture as well.

You are welcome Tweety! Yea, my friend is buying it for sure. She already pre-ordered it already. I will definately tell you all about it ok??

I hope TVB releases more with eng subs soon!!!!!
    Journey To The West

The Great Sun Wukong, the Monkey King!!!

I heard that they are only doing English sub for some series, not all of them. All of them will have Chinese subs for sure though.

Update on the ROCH DVDs!! Ok, I just found out that the ROCH DVD set is UNCUT!!! It has 12 DVDs, but the last 2 DVDs have 5 eps on each disc and the picture quality is VERY clear!!!!! Therefore, all 50 eps are included. There is also the making(which I have seen before)and a gift of 3 bookmarks. YOu can see the pix of these bookmarks and of the box at:

http://cylo.erinle.com/news/2006/0209.htm

I wish I had the money to buy it now....But sadly I need money for other purposes. Anyway, whoever is buying it, ENJOY!!!!
    Last edited by Trinie; 02-16-06 at 07:18 PM.

Thanks for all the info and link Trinie! They sure know how to market the dvd package. Now I'm more interested in the bookmarks .

I too have other bills to pay and can't afford to splurge on this set.

Is it really 50 ep? I read that it is only 24,25 ep.

Unhappy you all sure it's uncut?

I just got the TVB Grand Canal on dvd thinking it would be uncut. Not the case. For some reason the last scene of the end was cut! The ended it 1-2 mins short. I assume they're might by other missing scenes since there were some weird transitions on the dvds. Don't understand why they did that to the ending but it really makes me wary on getting the ROCH dvds cause the description on yesasia saids MOST of the deleted scenes from the vcds will be on the dvd set...not all! Hope to get a review by someone who bought it before I get it cause I don't trust yesasia.

TommyH
    Unregistered

For some reason I think for the older series it's really hard to get uncut versions.