Page 86 of 99 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 1978

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

man i just bought the ATV DVD set of Fu Hung Suet. The quality sucks (though the series was made in 1989). Tai Seng TVB and TVBI DVDs are so much better in quality for video transfer, audio transfer, DVD menu and packaging.

Default Hey Batman

Hi Batman. Have you bought and watched "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" yet? Is there a Part 2 set of DVDs?

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I'll buy it out of A). morbid curiosity, B). a reasonable retail price (all things considered), and C). this might be the only chance to own this series in ANY form, but my expectations are set extremely low.

The DVD release is not the full 80episode series. I guess there must have been a different edited-for-TV version done some time in the late 1980s because at the end of each episode there is that familiar TVB logo with the year in roman numerals- this one says 1988. The opening theme video is also different. There is no song but just music. Each episode is around 45 minutes. This version seems to be edited down into a 22 episode part 1 (to the part where Chow Yun Fat goes to prison), and then a 24 episode part 2... so total 46 episodes only. They even left out the opening and ending songs.... sucks big time.

I don't think this is an official TVB release.... if that were to happen with the original 80 episode full series, I would buy that instead.
    Last edited by Alzarius; 04-08-09 at 12:31 AM.

I think in the late 80s, TVB were prone to re editing some of there super long 70s series into a shorter format for a TV Re Run.

I've seen a re edited intro for "Vanity Fair" on youtube aswell which was circa 1990 I think.

What a shame from Tai Seng's part they couldn't find the original 80 Episode format, or TVB refused to give it to them.

I for one hope it will come out on DVD in full sometime along with Soldier of Fortune and of course The Bund

TA1S3NG SUCKS!

tentative DVD release dates:
    April: The Yangs Saga (1985)
    May: The Fearless Duo (1984)

Original (well V2) Intro for The Good The Bad and the Ugly in 1979
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adYjqdQ6-lw

The Edited intro found on the Tai Seng DVD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-nknEwXsoc

I know which one I preffer!

Quote Originally Posted by MLAM168 View Post
    Original (well V2) Intro for The Good The Bad and the Ugly in 1979
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adYjqdQ6-lw

The Edited intro found on the Tai Seng DVD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-nknEwXsoc

I know which one I preffer!

The vcd set released by tvb before, had the original intro on the first vcd. But it didnt start with the portrait picture of CYF I think. It started with the rolling background right after the picture floats away. Seeing the tvb logo on the right corner of the original intro, does this mean the original 80 eps version has been aired on tv recently?

Quote Originally Posted by NetDragon View Post
    The vcd set released by tvb before, had the original intro on the first vcd. But it didnt start with the portrait picture of CYF I think. It started with the rolling background right after the picture floats away. Seeing the tvb logo on the right corner of the original intro, does this mean the original 80 eps version has been aired on tv recently?
    If it doesn't start with the developing photograph of Chow Yun Fat, then it's not either of the 1979 full-length introductions.

NetDragon is right,

The VCD intro starts from the Welding bit (When the theme tune kicks in)

It is the same as the link I posted above minus the Developing photo bit and edited text for the lyrics.

This is the original V1 of the intro I Think from 1979
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isxm8...om=PL&index=11

That's because the beginning of the original intro has the episode number, VCD version had to cut off that part out.

Damn, wish I knew the guy/girl that made those youtube clips of the orig version, he/she might have the entire uncut series captured to dvds...

So does anyone know if Taiseng dvd is more or less cut than the tvb edited version?

Is it just me, or does the opening floating portrait picture of CYF look kind of freaky? :P For a moment it kind of looked like a tombstone picture hehe.

I believe the recent Taiseng DVD release IS the televised edited version- edited down to 46 episodes of 45min each.

Maybe the question is which is better: The Taiseng DVD version, or the VCD version. Both are edited of course, but the VCD version could be a different cut because it has the opening song at least, and like all the other VCD releases, it is in a 60-70min "episode" format x 30 VCDs in the set.

I don't know if any country still re-runs the 1970s TVB stuff anymore, but if they do, it would be a good idea for fans to archive/record it because it seems the interest is fairly low for TVB to release these unedited. Where I live in San Francisco, USA, I remember the last time our TVBUSA station here ran some 1970s and early 1980s TVB classics was back in 2004-2005..... they did A House is not A Home, Conflict, Giants,..... but not sure if they did Good Bad Ugly. We run about 5-6 different TVB drama series each day, so eventually, maybe they'll do the really old ones again.

- deleted -
    Last edited by wargods; 05-05-09 at 01:33 PM.

What the heck has happened with the dvd/vcd releases of TVB series nowadays? Seems like they have stopped releasing for a while now. I can't see that yesasia has any new ones for preorder lately. There are still so many old good series that should get the DVD treatment. What is it with these damn TVB people? It's like they finally got tired of making DVDs or something...

What the heck has happened with the dvd/vcd releases of TVB series nowadays? Seems like they have stopped releasing for a while now. I can't see that yesasia has any new ones for preorder lately. There are still so many old good series that should get the DVD treatment. What is it with these damn TVB people? It's like they finally got tired of making DVDs or something...
    i agree with you. recently released of tvb dvd often become tvb program instead of tvb series. why?

Like wise,

Come on TVB, we want classics like "The Bund" "Soldier of Fortune" (ok not a classic but a better 80s series) and "The Shell Game".

Your losing business by stalling them so why hang around?

No, I think they are still releasing..However, I think they are going in circles, which means that they are releasing some series from the 80s, some from the 90s, some from the 2000s and some new ones as well... I think that is fair but I know that a lot of 80s fans can't wait for a lot of the 80s classic series to be released..
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    No, I think they are still releasing..However, I think they are going in circles, which means that they are releasing some series from the 80s, some from the 90s, some from the 2000s and some new ones as well... I think that is fair but I know that a lot of 80s fans can't wait for a lot of the 80s classic series to be released..
    It depends who we're talking about. TVBI is releasing only new series (e.g. Gem of Life). But Taiseng (not part of TVB) is releasing 80s TVB series.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    It depends who we're talking about. TVBI is releasing only new series (e.g. Gem of Life). But Taiseng (not part of TVB) is releasing 80s TVB series.
    Yeah, I was referring to TVBI (or is it Modern Audio?). They did release lots of old 80s series a while back, heck even subtitled versions of old Jin Yong series. But what happened? Where is like Flying Fox 85 with English subs?! I mean, if you start subtitling classic Jin Yong series, then at least finish the work before retiring, geez. And why only subtitle Greed of Man and stop? Is it like the only modern series they think is worth the English subtitling..I still dont doubt my suspicion that these HK TVB ppl are kind of retarded! :P

Yeah, I was referring to TVBI (or is it Modern Audio?). They did release lots of old 80s series a while back, heck even subtitled versions of old Jin Yong series. But what happened? Where is like Flying Fox 85 with English subs?! I mean, if you start subtitling classic Jin Yong series, then at least finish the work before retiring, geez. And why only subtitle Greed of Man and stop? Is it like the only modern series they think is worth the English subtitling..I still dont doubt my suspicion that these HK TVB ppl are kind of retarded! :P
    I acutaly got flying fox with ray lui on DVD but it's not officially released
    I'm waiting for them to release the 90's wuxia series on DVD like Zu Mountain Saga, DGSD '97, LOCH '94 and ROCH '95. At least they released Against the Blade of Honor 1997 on DVD.