Page 87 of 99 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394959697 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 1978

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

Default THE YANG'S SAGA DVD

Quote Originally Posted by wargods View Post
    TA1S3NG SUCKS!

tentative DVD release dates:
    April: The Yangs Saga (1985)
    May: The Fearless Duo (1984)
    i am waiting for the yang's saga - the dvd release schedule is about april 2009
    but i finally still can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by atichart View Post
    Maybe the release is delayed?? For example, I have pre-ordered Colorful Life ever since March but they kept on pushing the release back like 3-4 times already... Therefore, I would not be surprised if they did the same thing for Yang's Saga. I am praying that they don't cut it like they did with the VCD. Gosh, the VCD cut was ridiculous that it really pisses me off...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by atichart View Post
    hold your horses, at least you know the DVD will eventually be released. It'll be more appropriate to worry about how good the video transfer will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    hold your horses, at least you know the DVD will eventually be released. It'll be more appropriate to worry about how good the video transfer will be.
    Yea, I think it is more important to worry about the quality of the video transfer. I really hope that the quality will be good...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

The DVD release date of The Yangs Saga (1985) and The Fearless Duo (1984) is now moved to the end of June.

Is Greed of Man worth getting on DVD? How badly is it cut/censored?

Quote Originally Posted by condor hero View Post
    Is Greed of Man worth getting on DVD? How badly is it cut/censored?

I still think it's worth the purchase. It's the most complete edition you'll find out there. It's not badly cut like the VCD. I didn't notice complete scenes gone, but it's just the minor edits that kinda bug purists like me.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

That's not too bad, I might pick it up then. The Chinatown stores here sell TVB sets for pretty cheap at about 65 cents an episode. I could probably get it for around $26.

Quote Originally Posted by condor hero View Post
    That's not too bad, I might pick it up then. The Chinatown stores here sell TVB sets for pretty cheap at about 65 cents an episode. I could probably get it for around $26.
    Is it legit?
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Yup, they're all legit releases. I was shocked too when I first saw the prices, they had shows like LOCH for only $35. I paid damn near $50 for it.

Just picked up Racing Peak for $26 today though .
    Last edited by condor hero; 05-19-09 at 08:53 PM.

DOWN MEMORY LANE DVD RELEASED ON MID JUNE
    STARRING : ALEX MAN+MICHELLE YIM
    30 EPISODES ; YEAR 1995

So I went shopping for blu rays and DVD at MAL today. MAL is one of the few places in Vancouver that sells legit stuff. They are a licensed distributor for TVB series. The boss told me that the reason why there is such a lack series being released is because Mona Fong is micro managing. Apparently, everything has to be approved through her b4 a series can be released including how the box art is gonna look. Like jeez, she shouldn't even be doing that sorta stuff. She's the chairman of the board. Let the ppl under her, do their jobs. So stupid

The Stake, The Fearless Duo, Sunshine Heartbeat (赤沙印記@四葉草2)
    and The Yangs' Saga are now delayed until July.

Sorry.

Sorry.
    thank you mr.wargods
    i am waiting for the yang's saga and the fearless duo dvd for a long time
    but still waiting.

Sorry.
    That is actually kind of bad news because that may mean that they may get cheap on the packaging. I just bought Whatever it takes and Colorful Life on DVD and the packaging for Whatever It takes is really good, while the packaging for Colorful Life was really cheap. It also had lesser discs. I am guessing that was why they kept on extending the release date... sigh.. TVB is getting cheaper and cheaper...

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    That is actually kind of bad news because that may mean that they may get cheap on the packaging. I just bought Whatever it takes and Colorful Life on DVD and the packaging for Whatever It takes is really good, while the packaging for Colorful Life was really cheap. It also had lesser discs. I am guessing that was why they kept on extending the release date... sigh.. TVB is getting cheaper and cheaper...
    are these tai seng releases or TVB ones? Who's the publisher?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    are these tai seng releases or TVB ones? Who's the publisher?
    They are Taiseng releases. I loved the packaging for Whatever it takes a lot and they spread the series out onto more discs. But with Colorful Life, they shoved everything onto only 3 discs and the cover looked copied.The packaging looked like the series was unofficial. Plus, that release was postponed like 3-4 times so I get scared when I hear of a series being postponed so many times. I think they are just trying to get cheap on the packaging.

is this taiseng or tvb dvd release?

They are Taiseng releases. I loved the packaging for Whatever it takes a lot and they spread the series out onto more discs. But with Colorful Life, they shoved everything onto only 3 discs and the cover looked copied.The packaging looked like the series was unofficial. Plus, that release was postponed like 3-4 times so I get scared when I hear of a series being postponed so many times. I think they are just trying to get cheap on the packaging.
    That means "TVB is getting cheaper and cheaper..." should read as "Taiseng is getting cheaper and cheaper...".

As I said before, Taiseng SUCKS!!!
    Please stop buying Taiseng releases.

@wargod, there is no choice but to get taiseng releases. What other choice do we have? For example, there is no other way (dvd-wise) to get The Bund, only taiseng released it.

TVB (as a DVD publisher) usually releases only the most recent TVB series like Gem of Life or E.U.. Only rarely do they release the classics on DVD. We get TVB DVD's here in Canada but not sure about the U.S..

Taiseng is probably the only dvd publisher to release tvb and china series with english subs. Lot of people who love asian series and who want to buy legit releases depend on taiseng.

the thing is, lot of the taiseng releases look the same. They all have the same plastic box design. Only the cover artwork and the disc artwork is different series to series.
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 06-16-09 at 12:46 PM.