Page 88 of 99 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 1978

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

Quote Originally Posted by wargods View Post
    That means "TVB is getting cheaper and cheaper..." should read as "Taiseng is getting cheaper and cheaper...".

As I said before, Taiseng SUCKS!!!
    Please stop buying Taiseng releases.
    I know that Taiseng is getting cheap, but they are one of the only companies that are releasing legit TVB series on DVD. I don't need English subs, but there are other fans that do so the only way that they can get it is by buying Taiseng released versions...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I know that Taiseng is getting cheap, but they are one of the only companies that are releasing legit TVB series on DVD. I don't need English subs, but there are other fans that do so the only way that they can get it is by buying Taiseng released versions...
    yes exactly, there's really no other choice unless you get pirated versions. Plus lot of people do need the english subs. That's why i don't understand why some people would say Tai Seng sucks. It's not like the dvd transfers are awful or anything. They're at the very least average DVD transfers, already much better than the VCD quality. And on top of that, there's really no other choice. TVB (as a dvd publisher) is mainly concentrating on releasing their most recent TV series onto DVD and they let Taiseng release their old classics (like The Bund for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    yes exactly, there's really no other choice unless you get pirated versions. Plus lot of people do need the english subs. That's why i don't understand why some people would say Tai Seng sucks. It's not like the dvd transfers are awful or anything. They're at the very least average DVD transfers, already much better than the VCD quality. And on top of that, there's really no other choice. TVB (as a dvd publisher) is mainly concentrating on releasing their most recent TV series onto DVD and they let Taiseng release their old classics (like The Bund for example).
    Totally agree! Seriously, we don't have any other choice but to buy Taiseng if we want the old classic series on DVD. THe video transfers are actually not bad and the packaging is not too bad, but they are just getting cheaper for the newer series. TVB themselves seem to be only releasing most of the newer series which I don't really care for so I don't have a choice if I don't buy Taiseng. I don't like the pirated copies either since those don't have very good quality at all.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Totally agree! Seriously, we don't have any other choice but to buy Taiseng if we want the old classic series on DVD. THe video transfers are actually not bad and the packaging is not too bad, but they are just getting cheaper for the newer series. TVB themselves seem to be only releasing most of the newer series which I don't really care for so I don't have a choice if I don't buy Taiseng. I don't like the pirated copies either since those don't have very good quality at all.
    Yeah, that's true. At the very least Taiseng packaging is much better than TVB packaging. TVB packaging is just a cardboard box filled with colored discs. And most TVB (as DVD publisher) release don't even have english subs and they only have cantonese audio. But the quality of the TVB dvd's is pretty good. The colors are sharp and bright. They usually only have 3 episodes per disc unlike the Taiseng ones where you can have up to 6 episodes per disc if not more.

Some of the newer TVB releases isn't that bad. The modern ones like the gangster and cop dramas are pretty good. TVB is also good at making light-hearted modern dramas as well (like the Ultimate Crime Fighter). The recent ancient/kung-fu series (except for Master of Tai Chi) aren't that good especially compared to the 90's and 80's.
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 06-16-09 at 03:37 PM.

I'm sure you can get TVBI releases somehow, you just don't want to spend more money than the Taiseng releases.

Quote Originally Posted by wargods View Post
    I'm sure you can get TVBI releases somehow, you just don't want to spend more money than the Taiseng releases.
    I have noticed that the TVBI releases can get really expensive and can be even more expensive than the Taiseng ones in some cases.

The only expensive TVBI release that i know of is Gem of Life. It has around 80 episodes.

I have noticed that the TVBI releases can get really expensive and can be even more expensive than the Taiseng ones in some cases.
    Yeah it's retarded how much they charge for the TVBI releases. It was the best when the HK TVBI and TaiSeng releases were exactly the same except for price. I bought a few TaiSeng releases and then they stopped shipping to Canada. Now TaiSeng is back to their usual ways of releasing poor quality stuff. Maybe this justifies the price
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    Yeah it's retarded how much they charge for the TVBI releases. It was the best when the HK TVBI and TaiSeng releases were exactly the same except for price. I bought a few TaiSeng releases and then they stopped shipping to Canada. Now TaiSeng is back to their usual ways of releasing poor quality stuff. Maybe this justifies the price
    ... also add to the fact that TVBI releases have cheaper packaging than Taiseng ones.

... also add to the fact that TVBI releases have cheaper packaging than Taiseng ones.
    They were pretty much exactly the same for a period of time. I always thought the TVBI ones looked better except for having Part 1 and Part 2 boxes. That was kind of annoying.

An example would be Legend of the Condor heroes. TVBI had way better packaging.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

They were pretty much exactly the same for a period of time. I always thought the TVBI ones looked better except for having Part 1 and Part 2 boxes. That was kind of annoying.

An example would be Legend of the Condor heroes. TVBI had way better packaging.
    I'm talking about the newer TVB releases. They split Gem of Life into separate boxes because it had too much episodes (around 80-ish).

Korean series still have the best packaging.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2971/20060810002bq7.jpg')
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 06-18-09 at 02:51 PM.

I know, that is why I did not buy hardly any TVBI releases.Most of my TVB series are Taiseng releases. Some of their releases in the past had pretty nice packaging, but they are getting more cheap lately. I must say that the VCD sets from TVB had nice packaging even though the VCDs were cut. However, I can careless about the packaging if the discs are not good quality or are cut. I hated the cut VCD releases and only bought one set...

I know, that is why I did not buy hardly any TVBI releases.Most of my TVB series are Taiseng releases. Some of their releases in the past had pretty nice packaging, but they are getting more cheap lately. I must say that the VCD sets from TVB had nice packaging even though the VCDs were cut. However, I can careless about the packaging if the discs are not good quality or are cut. I hated the cut VCD releases and only bought one set...
    The thing with TVB releases is they don't sell them on yesasia.com. Yesasia does have some classic releases but not the recent ones like Gem of Life or Rosey Business. You either have to go to HK to get it or ask someone to ship it from there. That's really the only way to get TVBI releases.

The thing with TVB releases is they don't sell them on yesasia.com. Yesasia does have some classic releases but not the recent ones like Gem of Life or Rosey Business. You either have to go to HK to get it or ask someone to ship it from there. That's really the only way to get TVBI releases.
    Ghaleon, I think you've hit upon a way for us to get rich illegally.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Ghaleon, I think you've hit upon a way for us to get rich illegally.
    me, you and almo. let's set up a pirated network. we can rule the dvd underworld.

me, you and almo. let's set up a pirated network. we can rule the dvd underworld.
    We'll flatten anyone who gets in the way with Tommy-gun drive-bys.

Well, I don't really like TVB releases anyways. One of my friends was in HK a couple of years ago and she said that it is hard find them in HK because the people in HK don't collect series. They just watch it on TV when it is aired and that's it.. She was shocked that she in the place where they are produced but had so many problems finding them....

I think you can order them from the TVB official site, but the only thing is that they charge a lot for shipping... The total price then gets quite a bit more expensive than the Taiseng version.

I'm talking about the newer TVB releases. They split Gem of Life into separate boxes because it had too much episodes (around 80-ish).

Korean series still have the best packaging.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2971/20060810002bq7.jpg')
    That is why they are usually so expensive...

Well, I don't really like TVB releases anyways. One of my friends was in HK a couple of years ago and she said that it is hard find them in HK because the people in HK don't collect series. They just watch it on TV when it is aired and that's it.. She was shocked that she in the place where they are produced but had so many problems finding them....

I think you can order them from the TVB official site, but the only thing is that they charge a lot for shipping... The total price then gets quite a bit more expensive than the Taiseng version.
    In Canada TVB does ship their DVDs for rental stores. So you're right the only other way to get them is through the TVB official site. Most people in Toronto just buy the pirated versions anyway. Why would they pay more than double to get the official release?

That is why they are usually so expensive...
    But as a DVD collector it's a dream come true :d In the west you only get to see this type of packaging for english series like Seinfeld or Stargate SG-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    We'll flatten anyone who gets in the way with Tommy-gun drive-bys.
    Ok, you handle the guns. i'll take care of ching ching.

Cool

And I love TVB)))