Page 89 of 99 FirstFirst ... 397980818283848586878889909192939495969798 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 1978

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

http://www.yesasia.com/us/the-yangs-...0-en/info.html

Did TVB make a typo? On the DVD cover, it says The Yang's Saga, but the VCD / Viet DVD ver says it's The Yangs' Saga.....oh well...not that it really matters....at least it's finally coming out after few months of waiting.
    Last edited by wargods; 06-30-09 at 03:06 AM.

Default Buying non-pirated TVB dvds

I live in Vancouver and I've been trying very hard to find some TVB shows on DVD. I would prefer not to buy pirated copies and the only site I have found to be credible so far is Yesasia, which does not have some of the newer shows I am looking for. Does anyone on this forum have any suggestions on where I can look either in Vancouver or online for these DVDs?

I have also considered asking someone to buy them for me in Hong Kong but I've been told that non-pirated copies may be difficult to find and can be very expensive -- around $80-100CAD. Is that true?

Appreciate any help you guys can offer!

Quote Originally Posted by bonnieb View Post
    I live in Vancouver and I've been trying very hard to find some TVB shows on DVD. I would prefer not to buy pirated copies and the only site I have found to be credible so far is Yesasia, which does not have some of the newer shows I am looking for. Does anyone on this forum have any suggestions on where I can look either in Vancouver or online for these DVDs?

I have also considered asking someone to buy them for me in Hong Kong but I've been told that non-pirated copies may be difficult to find and can be very expensive -- around $80-100CAD. Is that true?

You can look on www.sensasian.com too.They have a lot of series but I am not sure about TVB... You can give it a try. You can also check www.layoyo.com but they charge A LOT for shipping though.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Usually chinese malls and plazas in Canada import TVB DVDs from HK. You can probably find some official releases in Richmond. I don't live in Vancouver but Richmond is kind of like chinese-ville so you're bound to find something there.

If you live in Vancouver, the only place to find legit TVB DVD's would be MAL in Richmond. It's on Hazelbridge past Aberdeen mall. They are the authorized dealer for TVB products, so they usually have stuff pretty fast.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Thank you everyone for the help! It is really hard to find real ones in, even in Richmond All the stores seem to sell fakes. One store I went to (Parker Place) sold fakes but had some real ones -- I'm not sure if they are real, though they did charge several times the price they did for their pirated things in plastic wrap. I'm not sure if they are lying to me or not -- they charged about $35-40 for one series.

I will check out MAL next chance I get. I went there a long time ago and remember their stuff was a bit expensive.

Does anyone know if the Tai Seng website offers TVB shows? I cannot seem to find any.

And thanks again for the help

Thank you everyone for the help! It is really hard to find real ones in, even in Richmond All the stores seem to sell fakes. One store I went to (Parker Place) sold fakes but had some real ones -- I'm not sure if they are real, though they did charge several times the price they did for their pirated things in plastic wrap. I'm not sure if they are lying to me or not -- they charged about $35-40 for one series.

I will check out MAL next chance I get. I went there a long time ago and remember their stuff was a bit expensive.

Does anyone know if the Tai Seng website offers TVB shows? I cannot seem to find any.

And thanks again for the help
    Those 35-40$ should be the real ones. They are imported TVB DVDs for North America. Not many places carry the actual Hong Kong releases with nice packaging. I think only HK gets those.

Tai Seng has released some TVB shows (check out yesasia.com). Mostly classics but you might find some recent ones. If you're looking for the most up to date TVB releases like the 2009 release of Greatness of a Hero or 2009 Rosey Business, you're not going to find any Taiseng release for those. You'll have to find the TVB DVDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    Those 35-40$ should be the real ones. They are imported TVB DVDs for North America. Not many places carry the actual Hong Kong releases with nice packaging. I think only HK gets those.

Tai Seng has released some TVB shows (check out yesasia.com). Mostly classics but you might find some recent ones. If you're looking for the most up to date TVB releases like the 2009 release of Greatness of a Hero or 2009 Rosey Business, you're not going to find any Taiseng release for those. You'll have to find the TVB DVDs.
    malaysia multimedia dvd sucks!
    resolution only have 352*576

Excellent! I'm glad to hear that it is possible to buy real ones

Taiseng SU_Ks

This Vietnamese owned company has been cheating customers for over 30 years. They are link to the Bay Area triads threatening any new video distributor from bidding and winning the TVB license. That is why Taiseng is running the video rental business for over 30 years over charging video stores and customers.

Taiseng is releasing more recent TVB series ranging from 2002-2008.

They must be desperate for money when tons of TVB video rental stores are closing down. When the video store closes down, Taiseng suffer from financial lost. No one will dare to open a new video store when we all know where to find TVB goodies right now...pay cable, tv, online.

Quality of the DVD

TVB use DVD-R disc on many TVB series containing 2 episodes. This include some of those mainland chinese tv series. The disc freezes in between. They must use cheap DVD disc and recording the disc way to FAST SPEED.

They are learning how to save disc recording 5+ episodes per disc. Tons of pixel and compression.

Some new series (non TVB) only cost $10.00, Mandarin version.

There is no way Taiseng, a gold digging company will lower the prices on DVDs. $10.00 tells us Taiseng must be desperate for cash when there are fewer TVB stores in town.

PLEASE BOYCOTT TAISENG, ASIAVIEW, EAST MEDIA PRODUCTS!!!

Cheap quality, high prices, not worth the money

More negative stuff about Taiseng

I search a Vietnamese DVD website and found out Taiseng has been releasing tons of the latest TVB series for sales. The series is only a few months old -- a year old

GEM OF LIFE
    FORENSIC HEROES I AND II
    CATCH ME NOW

LAST ONE STANDING (OUT IN CANTONESE)
    THE FOUR (OUT IN CANTONESE)

the fearless duo dvd already released
    http://www.yesasia.com/global/the-fe...0-en/info.html

Quote Originally Posted by atichart View Post
    the fearless duo dvd already released
    http://www.yesasia.com/global/the-fe...0-en/info.html
    Thanks for the info! I hope that the quality will be good..
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Great. I think this tv-series look good. I just pre-ordered it.

You can also pre-order The Yang's Saga:
    http://www.yesasia.com/global/the-ya...0-en/info.html

How do you know about TaiSeng and their relation with triads?
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

anyone knw any online stores taht sells tvb dramas, dvd or vcd (more liek the old ones (early 90s), not too much of the current ones....i do know of yesasia but some of their older product ran out and they don't really have that much old ones....

and if i were to go to hong kong, anyone know any specific stores/places that i can buy old tvb dramas in dvd/vcd

the commandments
    a good match from heaven
    outburst
    Aaron Yan Mike He
    Yamapi Kim HyunJoong Lee Joon Lee HongKi

Upcoming DVD Releases:

赤沙印記@四葉草.2 - Sunshine Heartbeat (2004)
    覆雨翻雲 - Lethal Weapons of Love and Passion (2006)
    火舞黃沙 - The Dance of Passion (2006)
    法證先鋒 - Forensic Heroes (2006)

Quote Originally Posted by wargods View Post
    Upcoming DVD Releases:

赤沙印記@四葉草.2 - Sunshine Heartbeat (2004)
    覆雨翻雲 - Lethal Weapons of Love and Passion (2006)
    火舞黃沙 - The Dance of Passion (2006)
    法證先鋒 - Forensic Heroes (2006)
    Thanks but hasn't Lethal Weapons of Love and Passion already been released long ago??

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Thanks but hasn't Lethal Weapons of Love and Passion already been released long ago??
    Nope...it's been delayed a few times. I don't count Taiseng releases.

More Upcoming DVD release:
    女人唔易做 - La Femme Desperado (2006)
    Last edited by wargods; 07-23-09 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taiseng View Post
    Taiseng SU_Ks

This Vietnamese owned company has been cheating customers for over 30 years. They are link to the Bay Area triads threatening any new video distributor from bidding and winning the TVB license. That is why Taiseng is running the video rental business for over 30 years over charging video stores and customers.

Taiseng is releasing more recent TVB series ranging from 2002-2008.

They must be desperate for money when tons of TVB video rental stores are closing down. When the video store closes down, Taiseng suffer from financial lost. No one will dare to open a new video store when we all know where to find TVB goodies right now...pay cable, tv, online.

Quality of the DVD

TVB use DVD-R disc on many TVB series containing 2 episodes. This include some of those mainland chinese tv series. The disc freezes in between. They must use cheap DVD disc and recording the disc way to FAST SPEED.

They are learning how to save disc recording 5+ episodes per disc. Tons of pixel and compression.

Some new series (non TVB) only cost $10.00, Mandarin version.

There is no way Taiseng, a gold digging company will lower the prices on DVDs. $10.00 tells us Taiseng must be desperate for cash when there are fewer TVB stores in town.

PLEASE BOYCOTT TAISENG, ASIAVIEW, EAST MEDIA PRODUCTS!!!

Cheap quality, high prices, not worth the money
    Thanks for coming out.