Page 92 of 99 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899 LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 1978

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

Quote Originally Posted by jungjen View Post
    Alzarius,

i totally agree w/ you. im also disgusted at how TVB is squeezing all this data on one disc. unfortunately, that seems to be the trend these days. i would rather pay extra bucks to get the first version of these DVDs when they only had 4 chapters/ disc. actually, i do own a few of the earlier versions which is more watchable than the more recent ones.
    I don't think it's TVB that is doing the compression. It's the distributor which is Tai Seng. They decided to not go with TVB's direct transfer and started using their own masters and just compressing it. I guess it saves them money. DVD's released straight from TVB are higher quality, especially the new ones that are shot in High Def. I think it's Tai Seng unless they are no longer the distributor for the United States.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Thanks Almo for the clarification. Ultimately, I guess it means it would cost more for us who live in North America to get the better quality releases (if we don't want to buy Tai Seng).

The TVB DVDs from Multimedia Entertainment I've got recently (LOCH 2/3 and Born rich) have taken to displaying a ridiculous number of adverts at the beginning of the DVD (which you have to sit through again after you select the chapter from the start menu). Worse, not only can you not skip them, you can't even fast forward them. I'm so sick of seeing Simon Yam and his "I BELIEVE!!! EASY PHARMAX!!!" I swear if I ever buy a single EAsy Pharmax product I'm a tortoise!

Do the HK versions have such shameless forced advertising as well? If not I will have to consider buying from there. Or hopefully Yesasia will sell the HK editions..

Default i feel for you !!!

Ian, i'm also bothered by the recent advert. overkill on the recently released TVB tv series. For example, I am currently watching "Greed of Man" (starring Adam Cheng) and that same annoying ad can not be skipped using the fast forward or next chapter button. However, I tried pressing the root menu button and was able to bypass the ad that way. Have you tried using the main and/or root menu buttons on your remote?

Quote Originally Posted by jungjen View Post
    Ian, i'm also bothered by the recent advert. overkill on the recently released TVB tv series. For example, I am currently watching "Greed of Man" (starring Adam Cheng) and that same annoying ad can not be skipped using the fast forward or next chapter button. However, I tried pressing the root menu button and was able to bypass the ad that way. Have you tried using the main and/or root menu buttons on your remote?
    For the latest DVDs, even the root buttons are disabled.. =(

Default that sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    For the latest DVDs, even the root buttons are disabled.. =(
    what the hell? that really sucks !!! I was thinking of buying "Born Rich" soon. I guess I'll have to suffer with the needless ads if i want to watch it on DVD. damn it....
    Last edited by jungjen; 03-05-10 at 02:25 PM. Reason: typo

Default Any new releases?

Hi. Anyone know if there are any upcoming new TVB DVD releases from the 70s, 80s and 90s drama archives? It has been a long while since the last one. There are so many dramas yet to be released.

Whatever is happening with ATV? Aren't they making new dramas now????? So what of their actors/actress? Got the sack or just quit?

hii anyone have this series with "CHINESE Subtitle" .srt file?
    once a devil always a devil - Zu Mountain Saga

Thumbs up

1) The Blood Stained Intrigue
    2) The Legend of The Condor Heroes
    3) Land of The Condors
    4) The Other Side of The Horizon
    5) The Hunters Prey
    6) Brother Under The Skin
    7) The Zu Mountain Saga

HINDI DUBBED VERSION DVDS PLEASE...

Default buddha's palm ???

hello i'm searching the buddha's palm 1981 mini series from tvb, somebody knows where i can find it, to buy it ? or for download ?

I recently purchased The Demi-Gods Semi Devils 1997 dvd boxset from a ebay seller in HK however its list as 28 episodes with about an hour for each episode. For the life of me I can't remember for much the original runtime for each episode was but I do remember the series was 45 episodes.... btw the boxset is an official release from TVB it's the Hong Kong edition.

THE DEMI GODS AND THE SEMI DEVILS 1997 VERSION IS NOT THE OFFICIAL DVD VERSION DISTRIBUTED BY TVB. THIS SERIES HAVE 45 EPISODES LONG.

Quote Originally Posted by atichart View Post
    THE DEMI GODS AND THE SEMI DEVILS 1997 VERSION IS NOT THE OFFICIAL DVD VERSION DISTRIBUTED BY TVB. THIS SERIES HAVE 45 EPISODES LONG.
    http://cgi.ebay.com.hk/TVB-DVD-28-7-...item2a0789dcc5

they must have cut a bunch of footage out but this is it. btw.. feel free to check out his other dvds seems like legit hong kong releases from tvb.

Hi East_Heretic. It is officially released by TVB Taiwan. It is a direct transfer from the VCD version to a DVD version. Hence, it is a cut down version.

As far as I know, TVBI has not released the DVD version as yet. One would hope that they would release these old titles soon on DVD. That said, it has been a while since TVBI released any of the old shows!

I see now, well the good thing is I missed the vcds. Hopefully we get the uncut release from TVBI later.

Thumbs up Legend of the Condor Heroes 1983 DVD

Hi. Did anyone purchased the re-release of Legend of the Condor Heroes 1983 DVD released by Tai Seng recently with 8 DVDs? I bought the 15 DVDs when it was first released back in 2006 from Hong Kong (Modern Audio) and the Cantonese audio was horrible. The volume was on loud and then soft and then loud and went soft. I wonder if they fixed this audio problem with this Tai Seng release version?

Hey wargods, have you heard of any updates from TVB lately?
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

any update?

hindi dubbed version plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

A FISTFUL OF STANCE TVB DVD ALREADY RELEASED.
    http://www.malmusic.com/detail.asp?P...=&prev=&lang=C