Page 96 of 99 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899 LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 1978

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

will we ever get to see all the 1980s and 1990 tvb dramas with cantonese audio and english subtitle?

can any one please help me buy The New Adventures of Chor Lau Heung 1984 coz its not available in india and yesasia.com doesn't have it anymore .... its costs around 31$ us currency but if i buy it from there it amounts to around 70 $ us currency that is about 5500 rupees indian currency, how do i buy it for around 31 $ ? please help tvb sell dvds in india

Hi there.. how exactly would we be able to buy it for you...

I just ordered 1986 HSDS from dddhouse, hope it comes in great condition.....I havent ordered from there in over a decade. All I remember at that time they didnt bubble wrap the mail. Initially was got to order from yesasia but its $94.00......I didnt anticipate the TVB classics to be scarce and Tai Seng to compress the DVDs on new prints.

We are all spoiled now........I remember when finding any Wuxia TV series with English subs were non existent!!

Condor Heroes 83 I might get next......just iffy on the 8 DVD from yesasia, anyone got this and how is the quality? Concerned how taiseng compressing to fit more now

Im more partial to 80s wuxia, something about the recent versions seem to polished and something is off about them.
    Journey To The West

The Great Sun Wukong, the Monkey King!!!

I'm looking for the TVB wuxia classics from the 1980s w/ MANDARIN audio. This is what I grew up watching.

I already have purchased the following in DVD:

* Legend of the Condor Heroes (1983) - Region 1 - ~$55
    * Return of the Condor Heroes (1983/84) - Region 1 - ~$45
    * New Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre (1986) - Region 3 - ~$27
    * Fearless Duo (1984) - Region 3 - ~$22

All of these had Cantonese / Mandarin audio w/ English subtitles.

For Region 3, you need a region free DVD player, which I had. I was satisfied with the quality of all of the DVD's. Not perfect, but sufficient. Still looking for the others! (I had purchased The Foundation (1984), w/ Mandarin but no subtitles, but the package was lost in the mail, and the seller was kicked off ebay soon after.)

It's sad that TVB has practically stopped releasing their classic dramas on DVD.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    It's sad that TVB has practically stopped releasing their classic dramas on DVD.
    DVD market is declining due to streaming. Maybe TVB will make ALL their old series available through streaming someday (probably a subscription service of some sort).

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    DVD market is declining due to streaming. Maybe TVB will make ALL their old series available through streaming someday (probably a subscription service of some sort).
    Yep pretty much. Right now TVB already has a subcription based service for their classic shows, but it's only limited to HK. Again TVB couldn't' care less about people overseas. I'm old school and I still like to collect and own physical media, but everybody wants their stuff convenient and cheap now.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Yep pretty much. Right now TVB already has a subcription based service for their classic shows, but it's only limited to HK. Again TVB couldn't' care less about people overseas. I'm old school and I still like to collect and own physical media, but everybody wants their stuff convenient and cheap now.
    TVB is being ridiculously short-sighted (which is par-on-course for them) by neglecting the market for expatriate Hong Kongers/southern Chinese overseas. It's not much of an exaggeration to say that TVB could *double* their market share by extending their subscription service to overseas audiences, but nooooo...

They must have promoted Ah Fook to Director of Programming.

TVB is being ridiculously short-sighted (which is par-on-course for them) by neglecting the market for expatriate Hong Kongers/southern Chinese overseas. It's not much of an exaggeration to say that TVB could *double* their market share by extending their subscription service to overseas audiences, but nooooo...

They must have promoted Ah Fook to Director of Programming.
    Yep. Also I always wondered what the subscription numbers are for their classic drama channel and their streaming site because I always go the feeling that the average Hong Konger doesn't care about old shows. People I talk to that are from HK always want the newest and most updated thing and that's for everything.

Yep. Also I always wondered what the subscription numbers are for their classic drama channel and their streaming site because I always go the feeling that the average Hong Konger doesn't care about old shows. People I talk to that are from HK always want the newest and most updated thing and that's for everything.
    The expats overseas are more likely to want the older shows because many expats have been in the States, Canada, Australia, the UK, etc., for years, and the old TVB shows are sort of their lifeline to the old home culture. I would not be surprised if classic series do better overseas than they do in Hong Kong.

Default hindi dubbed version

Hello TVB

we all are eagerly waiting for following TVB series in HINDI dubbed Language.. DVDs

1) The Blood Stained Intrigue
    2) The Legend of The Condor Heroes
    3) Land of The Condors
    4) The Other Side of The Horizon
    5) The Hunters Prey
    6) Brother Under The Skin
    7) The Zu Mountain Saga

please give Hindi dubbed dvds or start to air this program again in india

Erm... Firstly, I'm not sure if TVB is even reading this forum. Secondly, to get HK series dubbed in languages other than Chinese or Cantonese, a local company will need to initiate the negotiations with TVB on taking up a drama and dubbing it. Thirdly, for older dramas like The Zu Mountain Saga, I believe TVB did not even release a DVD version in original language, so don't get your hopes so high. Lastly, you might want to write to the channel who broadcasted the dramas previously and suggest a repeat broadcast.

Time to revive this thread out of the grave. Looks like TVB is starting to release some classic shows on DVD again. I saw a couple sets at my local store, but it seems to be aimed at the HK market only as the back of the box says "For Hong Kong/Macau SAR only". The store is able to sneak them in to Canada somehow. Here's one I saw at my local store:

http://www.hmv.com.hk/product/dvd.asp?sku=658979

The most exciting news is that the owner told me the next set to come in is The Shell Game. I'm super stoked since I haven't seen this show uncut since I threw out the VHS. The only crappy thing is for non cantonese speakers is that this set won't have English subtitles since it's not currently marketed towards anybody outside of Hong Kong.

"United we Stand" was released on VCD many years back, and I think is still available in Malaysia if you know where to look. Would be nice to own the DVD, though - VCDs just don't cut it anymore, even if the packaging was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    "United we Stand" was released on VCD many years back, and I think is still available in Malaysia if you know where to look. Would be nice to own the DVD, though - VCDs just don't cut it anymore, even if the packaging was nice.
    When TVB released their first VCD set back in 2000, which was The Bund, I already thought VCDs didn't cut it at that time. It was amazing how they managed to milk VCD's for so many years after that. I rather watch VHS than VCD. Hopefully the quality for these upcoming releases are good. It's still strange that they ignore the international market when so many people overseas still want to watch classic TVB shows with the proper subtitles.

The Bund coming out on DVD finally. Legendary Ranger and Reincarnated Princess also getting a DVD release:

http://www.yesasia.com/global/the-bu...0-en/info.html

http://www.yesasia.com/global/the-le...0-en/info.html

http://www.yesasia.com/global/the-re...0-en/info.html

Was LOCH 94 ever released on DVD? I got the VCD some years ago, but seem to have misplaced it, and now really want to watch it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    Was LOCH 94 ever released on DVD? I got the VCD some years ago, but seem to have misplaced it, and now really want to watch it again.
    I don't believe the 94 version was ever released on DVD. The VCD's I have are unwatchable. I tried watching Police Cadet 84 as the VCD version is all I own, but the quality was so bad. I'll wait for the uncut DVD release.

Download and install vChannel for mobile phone or tablet (Android version, not sure about iOS). The channel is http:/feed.ocry.com/channels. They have tons of new TVB series and some old classic wuxia series (I think LOCH '83 is on there). It's a streaming service and its totally free.

Or you can get an Android Box (like MoonBox or TVPad4). They usually come with preset Apps that allow you to stream-watch new TVB series as well as the old 80's classics.