Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ... 48888990919293949596979899 LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 1978

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

Quote Originally Posted by caix_88 View Post
    I might have thought of an idea. If anyone here wants to confirm if the DVD release has scenes being cut, I can compare it against TVB's GOTV timecode of each episode.
    Attachment 10098

From here you can see that Episode 25 of The Bund is 48mins and 56 seconds. So if the DVD release time differs by a lot, that would probably mean that some scenes could have been cut away, hence the episode timing is shorten.
    Are you subscribed to GOTV?
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    Are you subscribed to GOTV?
    Yes I am! Sadly it is not a one-time subscription that last forever. It expires after a year.

Quote Originally Posted by caix_88 View Post
    Yes I am! Sadly it is not a one-time subscription that last forever. It expires after a year.
    Lucky. I wish I could subscribe to it, but I can't since I don't live in HK. Better watch as much as you can!
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Got the newly reissued BUND and SHELL GAME DVD sets. Did you guys know that the new BUND DVD includes a third dialogue audio track in *English?* I never thought I'd be able to watch THE BUND in English, with all the characters speaking in British accents.

No English dialogue track for THE SHELL GAME, but thankfully, the original ending scene has been restored (as have various scenes edited out from the beginnings/ends of certain episodes in the 2009 DVD set).

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Got the newly reissued BUND and SHELL GAME DVD sets. Did you guys know that the new BUND DVD includes a third dialogue audio track in *English?* I never thought I'd be able to watch THE BUND in English, with all the characters speaking in British accents.

No English dialogue track for THE SHELL GAME, but thankfully, the original ending scene has been restored (as have various scenes edited out from the beginnings/ends of certain episodes in the 2009 DVD set).
    There's an english track? I better check this when I get home.

There's an english track? I better check this when I get home.
    It's Channel 3 on the audio, almo.

Aww yeah Police Cadet 84 finally coming out on DVD. It shows as Pt 1 with 20 episodes. I assume Pt 2 will be released right after which should also have 20 episodes. That would make this series uncut for the first time on DVD. The 32 episode VCD release was just embarrassing.

http://www.hmv.com.hk/product/dvd.asp?sku=846220

Aww yeah Police Cadet 84 finally coming out on DVD. It shows as Pt 1 with 20 episodes. I assume Pt 2 will be released right after which should also have 20 episodes. That would make this series uncut for the first time on DVD. The 32 episode VCD release was just embarrassing.

http://www.hmv.com.hk/product/dvd.asp?sku=846220
    I'm holding out for a complete, unedited release of THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY (1979) - not the Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Western (which was a classic in its own right), but the Chow Yun Fat drama. I'm not holding my breath on that one, though; that sucker is 80 episodes long.

I'm holding out for a complete, unedited release of THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY (1979) - not the Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Western (which was a classic in its own right), but the Chow Yun Fat drama. I'm not holding my breath on that one, though; that sucker is 80 episodes long.
    I'm waiting for that and Brothers

I'm waiting for that and Brothers
    If TGTBATU comes to fruition, almo, please let us all know.

haha will do. I'm always checking. Yesterday's Glitter and Blodd of Good and Evil also available:

http://www.hmv.com.hk/product/dvd.asp?sku=844166

http://www.hmv.com.hk/product/dvd.asp?sku=843878

Looks like Luk Siu Fung is coming out in 3 parts. The number of episodes per set seems a bit odd. Here's the break down:

Part 1 - 6 Episodes
    Part 2 - 5 Episodes
    Part 3 - 7 Episodes

Ken, can you confirm how many episodes were in the original run?

Looks like Luk Siu Fung is coming out in 3 parts. The number of episodes per set seems a bit odd. Here's the break down:

Part 1 - 6 Episodes
    Part 2 - 5 Episodes
    Part 3 - 7 Episodes

Ken, can you confirm how many episodes were in the original run?
    It's been some years since I've seen the original, uncut LUK SIU FUNG series on videotape. At the moment, I don't remember exactly how they broke down, but I know that the Part 1 and Part 2 numbers seem a bit off (I vaguely remember Part 1 being about ten episodes, and Part 2 being eight episodes, but I might be wrong about that; Part 3 was rarely rebroadcast in those days, and wasn't part of my collection back then for that reason).

Please send a link to LUK SIU FUNG DVD, almo. Thanks.

Here are the links

http://www.hmv.com.hk/product/dvd.asp?sku=846251
    http://www.hmv.com.hk/product/dvd.asp?sku=846290
    http://www.hmv.com.hk/product/dvd.asp?sku=846302

I was checking TVB's GO TV site the break down appears to be:

Part 1: 10 Episodes
    Part 2: 8 Episodes
    Part 3: 11 Episodes

Not sure why the DVD is set up so differently. Based on GO TV, it appears the original should have 29 episodes in total.

Here are the links

http://www.hmv.com.hk/product/dvd.asp?sku=846251
    http://www.hmv.com.hk/product/dvd.asp?sku=846290
    http://www.hmv.com.hk/product/dvd.asp?sku=846302

I was checking TVB's GO TV site the break down appears to be:

Part 1: 10 Episodes
    Part 2: 8 Episodes
    Part 3: 11 Episodes

Not sure why the DVD is set up so differently. Based on GO TV, it appears the original should have 29 episodes in total.
    Man, almo, I sure hope they didn't edit and butcher it to death again...especially as the VCDs, despite their lower video quality, didn't really butcher the original that much.

Man, almo, I sure hope they didn't edit and butcher it to death again...especially as the VCDs, despite their lower video quality, didn't really butcher the original that much.
    I really don't know. But judging from the number of DVDs, they might be "long" episodes. And not your typical 45 minute episodes. My guess is they probably didn't cut much, but re edited as one long show instead of having the standard 45 minute episodes. Not sure why they would do that considering that TVB re runs on TV and their GO TV app airs them like they were in the original broadcast. Not sure why the DVDs had to be re jigged. Another mind boggling decision by TVB. Nothing makes sense from these guys. It's like they are making a change for the sake of change.

I really don't know. But judging from the number of DVDs, they might be "long" episodes. And not your typical 45 minute episodes. My guess is they probably didn't cut much, but re edited as one long show instead of having the standard 45 minute episodes. Not sure why they would do that considering that TVB re runs on TV and their GO TV app airs them like they were in the original broadcast. Not sure why the DVDs had to be re jigged. Another mind boggling decision by TVB. Nothing makes sense from these guys. It's like they are making a change for the sake of change.
    Maybe to justify their having jobs.

They just *can't* leave well enough alone, it seems...though I'm quite amused by the English dialogue track for THE BUND.

Maybe to justify their having jobs.

They just *can't* leave well enough alone, it seems...though I'm quite amused by the English dialogue track for THE BUND.
    Having watched the Luk Siu Fung serial in Cantonese so many times on my VCDs, I think I'll quite enjoy a go at listening to it in English if they ever do it! Gu Long's dialogue will be a nightmare to translate into English without sounding hammy.

These are some of the duration breakdown per episode for Luk Siu Fung (1)

Ep 1 - 45.59 mins
    Ep 2 - 46.33 mins
    Ep 3 - 47.28 mins
    Ep 8 - 46.57 mins
    Ep 9 - 46.17 mins
    Ep 10 - 48.57 mins

陸小鳳之決戰前後 Luk Siu Fung (2)

Ep 1 - 47.10 mins
    Ep 2 - 48.13 mins
    Ep 7 - 48.06 mins
    Ep 8 - 52.24 mins

陸小鳳之武當之戰 Luk Siu Fung (3)

Ep 1 - 45.09 mins
    Ep 2 - 45.14 mins
    Ep 9 - 47.19 mins
    Ep 10 - 43.57 mins
    Ep 11 - 53.01 mins

It's rather inconsistent for old shows, but I would say most episode averages around 46 - 47 mins in length. So if the DVD release is around there, then it should be fine

Also interesting to note, Part 1 and 2 theme song is the same, while part 3 uses another theme song. Both sung by Adam Cheng.
    Last edited by caix_88; 11-05-15 at 02:22 PM.

Lucky. I wish I could subscribe to it, but I can't since I don't live in HK. Better watch as much as you can!
    Actually I don't reside in Hong Kong! Haha I uses a VPN service to disguise my IP address as from HK, and therefore I am able to watch it. However before subscribing to VPN, I have been using "Zenmate" free VPN app for Google Chrome Browser although the loading speed for each show is much slower. So if anyone is interested, you may try to install Zenmate and watch Episode 1 free for each drama!