Page 9 of 99 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

Hey Trinie,

I wouldn't have bought ROCH dvd if you didn't give it the thumbs up in your review. Thanks for posting it!

I think alot of us are in the same boat. It's tough to spend that much cash on a tv series when the new mainlands series only cost 1/3 of the price. But I'm a big fan of Jin Yong & LOCH and ROCH (80's versions) are the ones that first got me into watch chinese tv dramas so I had to get them even though I have the poorer quality vcd versions.

Quick question: Anyone seen the Crimson Sabre series by tvb? It's one of the few tv series I've never seen before. Just wondering if it's worth saving money to get. Thanks ahead of time for any info.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    I am thinking of getting the China version instead since I heard it is pretty good. Of course the subtitles will be off, but it is better than nothing if you don't understand Mandarin or Cantonese.
    By the China version, do you mean the 2006 version or the "replica" version I posted above?

From what I saw in a post on D-Addicts, the China version's packaging is worse off, but the video contents looks similar.

HK: 4 episodes per dual layer DVD (12 discs)
    China: 3 episodes per single layer DVD (17 discs)

Menu, language and subtitles looks close enough.

To GooGoo,
    You are welcome! I am glad that you bought it because of my review. Hey, someone actually reads what I write... Hee... But I am glad you are enjoying it. I already have 2 sets of it (the 80s version). I have the Viet version on DVD and it isn't cut, but the quality is not so good... However, I am easy to please so I am satisfied...I am also a BIG JY fan and a BIG fan of the 80s version too.
    By the way, I didn't see the crimson sabre but I heard it isn't that good. It isn't a great adaption. Did you see the 80s version?? I liked the 80s version, but it wasn't perfect either. I think according to what others say, it is ok to watch once but not collect. That is just what I think based on the reviews and comments that I heard though... I am waiting for the China version which I think will be better.

To nhyone,
    When I referring the China version, I meant the 2006 version from China which is the remake starring Huang Xiao Ming and Liu Yi Fei.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Thanks Trinie

Guess I'll pass on this one then & wait for the release of the classics(LOCH & DOMD) and only get them if the folks of this thread gives them the thumbs up.

Any of you guys know when they will release SemiDevils and DemiGod 96' on DVD?

I'm eager to buy that!!!!

You are welcome GooGoo! I think DOMD will be one of the next ones out. LOCH may not be out until next year. LOCH will be really expensive though. Oh yea, have you seen the 80s version of The Sword Stained with Royal Blood(the same series as the Crimson Sabre)?

TO QF,
    About DGSD 97, I haven't heard anything about that series yet. I have only heard thet DGSD the 82 version will be out this year. If I hear about the 97 version, I will let you know ok?
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

TO QF, About DGSD 97, I haven't heard anything about that series yet. I have only heard thet DGSD the 82 version will be out this year. If I hear about the 97 version, I will let you know ok?

OK, awesome...Do let me know when it comes out...I really want to buy that series.

Thank you Trinie

Do the DVDs have the TVB logo in the corner like the VCDs and VHS do?

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Dagger Lee
    They should. If it doesn't then I'm not sure if it's real or bootleg.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    They should. If it doesn't then I'm not sure if it's real or bootleg.
    I mean on the screen when you watch it.

To QF,
    You are welcome! But from what I heard so far, I haven't heard anything about DGSD 97 yet, just the 80s version only.

I am guessing that the DVD version should have the logo as well...

<post blanked by mod>

*please refrain from making inflammatory statements*
    Last edited by Em; 03-30-06 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    To QF,
    You are welcome! But from what I heard so far, I haven't heard anything about DGSD 97 yet, just the 80s version only.

I am guessing that the DVD version should have the logo as well...
    In my opinion, the logo is kind of distracting, especially if it's on a beloved series. The only time I never saw a TVB logo was on the DVD of Fist of Power(Iron Fist) but that was a condensed movie version cut by Taiseng from 20 episodes to 205 minutes.

Upcoming TVB DVD series:
    March 28: - The Rough Ride (1985) 挑戰
    April 7 - Square Pegs (2002) 戇夫成龍
    April 13 - The Key Man (1992) 巨人
    April 28 - The Duke of Mount Deer (1984) 鹿鼎記 (Tony Leung ver)

More series to come....please check this post later....

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by wargods
    Upcoming TVB DVD series:
    March 28: - The Rough Ride (1985) 挑戰
    April 7 - Square Pegs (2002) 戇夫成龍
    April 13 - The Key Man (1992) 巨人
    April 28 - The Duke of Mount Deer (1984) 鹿鼎記 (Tony Leung ver)

More series to come....please check this post later....

ohh YES!! DOMD! i've been waiting for this very moment!...lol

Question Condor Heros

I have the vcd version of Condor Heros (Andy Lau version). I am wondering if it is worth buying it in the dvd format? Anything special about it? Appreciate any input.

Quote Originally Posted by keepp
    I have the vcd version of Condor Heros (Andy Lau version). I am wondering if it is worth buying it in the dvd format? Anything special about it? Appreciate any input.
    well....the pix quality would be a lil better...n menu chapter for u.....

Thank you for that...I think...

Its a FULL version, no cuts or anything. Much clearer.. and uh.. I dunno.. haha.. haven't got my hands on it.. Too expensive fer me ><

Default Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dagger Lee

Actually i watched the ROCH 83 dvds this weekend & no the logo doesn't show up during the episodes. Only thing I wish for was a play all chapters option. Hope this helps.

s.