Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899
Results 1,961 to 1,978 of 1978

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

Quote Originally Posted by caix_88 View Post
    Also interesting to note, Part 1 and 2 theme song is the same, while part 3 uses another theme song. Both sung by Adam Cheng.
    That's how it was with the VCDs, and I suspect even with the original. The scenes used for the first two were taken from both arcs (which was quite disturbing as we see two very different Kwan Hoi Sans), while the third arc had its own song (with yet another Kwan Hoi San). Adam Cheng appears in the song for the first arc despite not appearing at all until the second arc.

"If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

"If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

I just recently bought the later prints of LOCH 82, ROCH 83 and HSDS 86, HK Universe publishing for a friend. They no longer come in the fancy book sleeve etc. One thing I noticed on ROCH 83 the disc are a blue color on the reading side. Is this legit? I found it a little odd.....
    Journey To The West

The Great Sun Wukong, the Monkey King!!!

If anyone is interested a friend of mine found the Condor Hero 1983 new in the 3 sleeve deluxe box set English subs.. He is currently in Hong Kong. If interested PM, he is very helpful.
    Journey To The West

The Great Sun Wukong, the Monkey King!!!

The LUK SIU FUNG DVDs are nothing more than the VCDs from 15 years ago put on the better-looking and more durable DVD format, which itself is a boon (none of that horrid pixelation and stalling that came with the VCDs), but offers nothing different in terms of content.

I was hoping at the very least, the original, broadcast versions of the opening credits would be restored, as well as a few edits that were made for the VCDs. No such luck, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    The LUK SIU FUNG DVDs are nothing more than the VCDs from 15 years ago put on the better-looking and more durable DVD format, which itself is a boon (none of that horrid pixelation and stalling that came with the VCDs), but offers nothing different in terms of content.

I was hoping at the very least, the original, broadcast versions of the opening credits would be restored, as well as a few edits that were made for the VCDs. No such luck, though.
    Yeah that was a major let down, so I didn't buy the LSF DVD. I'll have to find a download somewhere for the original broadcast.

TVB continuing to release DVDs. All those years of complaining and I'm finally getting the shows I want on DVD:

Looking Back in Anger:
    http://www.hmv.com.hk/product/dvd.asp?sku=856067
    http://www.hmv.com.hk/product/dvd.asp?sku=856098

Return of the Cuckoo:
    http://www.hmv.com.hk/product/dvd.asp?sku=856144

Smiling Proud Wanderer
    http://www.hmv.com.hk/product/dvd.asp?sku=854770

Plain Love 2
    http://www.hmv.com.hk/product/dvd.asp?sku=855621
    http://www.hmv.com.hk/product/dvd.asp?sku=855622

Detective Investigation Files 2
    http://www.hmv.com.hk/product/dvd.asp?sku=854258
    http://www.hmv.com.hk/product/dvd.asp?sku=854259

Love & Passion (Previously Released)
    http://www.hmv.com.hk/product/dvd.asp?sku=854252

Argh, why is it the 1984 SPW and not the 1996 version?... I really want to watch the 1996 version after catching half the episodes on TV (but missed the other half).

Love and Passion is really good news, though - I can't remember a thing about the story other than Patrick teaching Lisa how to write "country", but given the cult following it must have been a good series to watch. And it has a good ending unlike Shell Game 2 and Yesterday's Glitter.

Cold Blood Warm Heart and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly released on DVD uncut. Watching The Good right now for the first time. Lots of interesting shots used.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    Cold Blood Warm Heart and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly released on DVD uncut. Watching The Good right now for the first time. Lots of interesting shots used.
    THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY UNCUT! HOLY MIRACLES, BATMAN! WHERE CAN I GET MY HANDS ON THIS, ALMO?

THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY UNCUT! HOLY MIRACLES, BATMAN! WHERE CAN I GET MY HANDS ON THIS, ALMO?
    I got it locally from a dealer that I've dealt with for years. Even though this set is technically only supposed to be sold in HK, she has ways to get them over here to Canada. Not sure how you can get it from the US though. You'll have to see if there are any local dealers. Yesasia will not let you ship it outside of HK.

Got through the first 3 episodes of Good Bad and the Ugly. I can't believe Wong Jing wrote the screenplay for this. The intro theme is very stylish by using a combination of shots that aren't actually in the actual episodes and black and white still images. Really cool. The theme arrangement seems to be slightly different than the studio release. It's a bit slower, but still sounds great.

Got through the first 3 episodes of Good Bad and the Ugly. I can't believe Wong Jing wrote the screenplay for this. The intro theme is very stylish by using a combination of shots that aren't actually in the actual episodes and black and white still images. Really cool. The theme arrangement seems to be slightly different than the studio release. It's a bit slower, but still sounds great.
    I'm waiting on a package from MALMusic in Vancouver, as it seems that all local retailers who were selling old TVB series a few years ago have given up the ghost.

The full 80 episodes also means that Cora Miao's scenes are restored. The edited version basically removed her from the series.

I'm waiting on a package from MALMusic in Vancouver, as it seems that all local retailers who were selling old TVB series a few years ago have given up the ghost.

The full 80 episodes also means that Cora Miao's scenes are restored. The edited version basically removed her from the series.
    You are able to order off of MAL Music website? That's sweet! That means she does ship to the US as well. That is the local dealer that I have been using for years now. But yeah even in Vancouver all retailers have closed up. MAL actually closed up their physical store, but she still has enough business from her long time customers that she'll just message us through Facebook on new stuff. Her website is still going. I'll be sad if they close for good because I prefer ordering through MAL than Yesasia.

I didn't realize the Cora Miao scenes were removed before because I haven't seen any version of this before. She's definitely in it so far and I'm 5 episodes in.

I recently downloaded the TVB Lite app which allows you to watch some classic dramas. Most notable is this one series called Don't Look Now which was heavily edited on the VCD and DVD version, but on the app, it appears to be the original broadcast version.

I recently downloaded the TVB Lite app which allows you to watch some classic dramas. Most notable is this one series called Don't Look Now which was heavily edited on the VCD and DVD version, but on the app, it appears to be the original broadcast version.
    Even on DVD it's cut? I didn't know that.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    Even on DVD it's cut? I didn't know that.
    Yeah it's strange. The VCD cut had 9 episodes and the DVD is exactly the same. So I assume they used the same VCD cut which is weird because the TVB DVD's I own are pretty much uncut or close to it. The key is the make sure the number of episodes matches the original broadcast. There might be small cuts made within the episodes which are tolerable, but when huge segments are edited out like The Good, Bad and Ugly VCD version, it's way too much.

hello all,

does anyone know if The Saga of the Lost Kingdom was ever released?

Thankyou