Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: A Handful of Love

I'm in total agreence with you kidd. I do think that if that was done then he definately should fall for her before any kind of change at all. Don's character to me wasn't shallow like that and he wouldn't fall for someone all due to their looks.

gosh bebe_girl, what annoyed you that much on Joe and the little girl? I thought they both did good, espically the little girl!!

Hehe, do tell what you think once your finished xox!!!! I know!!!! OMG, when I saw him I was sitting there thinking "Is that really Matt or are my eyes playing tricks on me?" Hehe, he looks extra tall in here and so very cute!!! Hmmm...is the Matt thread still alive? Must go check!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

It's joe's character that bugged me to death.
    And the little girl's voice/looks/attitude that bugged me.
    She seemed to do a good job giving people dirty looks.

hey bebe_girl!!!! i liked dat little girl!!!!!!! =p

i know hey goddess? i was so happy! but then he hasnt appeared anymore =(
    oh well what can you do.
    not done yet but i think that little girl is soooo cute! she's like the next Jenny Shing or something.
    "Just when you think things can't get any worse, they do. I've learned that life is like hour glass sand. Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom, but all you have to do is be patient and wait for something to turn everything back around." - unknown

http://xox.rxfnetwork.com

xoxoxox

I have got to express my anger towards this series,
    I hate it, It just doesn't make sense and the cast was terrible, the way that the children called the uncle, was ugh!! wield!!!!!!!!!!! If I were to give a score it would most likely be zero

garnet1699: i sense a lot of hate in u..... ;p

Quote Originally Posted by garnet1699
    I have got to express my anger towards this series,
    I hate it, It just doesn't make sense and the cast was terrible, the way that the children called the uncle, was ugh!! wield!!!!!!!!!!! If I were to give a score it would most likely be zero
    Yeah, I'm don't like the way the children called their uncle too. I have finished the whole serial but still can't get use u them calling their uncle 'Jiu Jiu'. She sould have just called her 'Kau Fu'. Why does the children have to use Shanghainese of that particular word but not other words?

But other than this minor annoyance, I like the serial very much on the whole. Why do u said the serial doesn't make sense? Care to explain?
    I don't think the cast is terrible at all. Everyone did a great job here. The kids' acting are all very natural especially the one who played 4 Siu.

Wow, I never thought a simple family drama would generate so much anger in someone. I expected comment like 'This serial is down right boring' but never expected so much hate.
    Last edited by kidd; 10-12-04 at 09:41 PM.

i thought this serie was great nonetheless but you know the little girl..... i like her. but i kinda found her character annoying for the fact that she always whine.
    WU ZUN ! <3

Hi there everyone!!

First off same here. I think the little girl actress is very cute and loveable. Yes she is whiney, but what little kid isn't? She is just acting as most little kids do which is whine and cause annoyence hehe

No worries though xox. Even though he only appeared a little in HOL there will be other series with him soon ^___^ Then we can go on and drool over him, hehe.

I do think this serie was a nice simple and sweet type of drama. What was complicated about it?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

i also liek the little girll.. and i thought it was also weird that they call their uncle jiu jiu.. kind of odd... but i thought this serie was alright ..i don't really liek it but over all it was okay.. first few eps.. was okays

but i love Don Li
    bu bu jing xin

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowz
    hey, i was watching "A Handful of Love" and i really liked this song...

It was played as part when "ah dai" (the oldest brother's) would-be girlfriend made a demo-CD for him.. i believe the title should be "I Already Loved You" or something to that extent..

Does anyone know who may have sung it? its almost certainly not a original TVB song.. so yeah.. btw.. anyone know where to find the theme songs for A Handful of Love?

thanx!!
    That song is called 一對 (Yat Dui) by Kiki 林子瑄 (lam ji huen)
    the tvb theme song that Don Li sings is called 打氣 (duno what it is in eng)

This series was quite good...and i like the the eldest son..hehe..and the youngest daughter mui mui the best~ they are both so cute! But of course the other 3 were good too
    Watching:~ Dicey Business, The Gentle Crackdown, The Gateau Affairs
    Recently Finished: ~ To Grow with Love, The Academy

Quote Originally Posted by sweetberry
    That song is called 一對 (Yat Dui) by Kiki 林子瑄 (lam ji huen)
    the tvb theme song that Don Li sings is called 打氣 (duno what it is in eng)

This series was quite good...and i like the the eldest son..hehe..and the youngest daughter mui mui the best~ they are both so cute! But of course the other 3 were good too
    This series is getting really nice now...how many episodes is it? I think the kids grow on you, esp, the chubby one and the 4th son...are they twins? cause they attend all classes together. I am starting to really love the theme song...its so nice!

find the series quite boring. esp don't like that director who likes jess
    i think the 3rd and 4th are not twins here
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Quote Originally Posted by bebe_girl
    OMG this movie annoying me to death! Espeically the little girl and joe ma. I stopped watching the last 2 tapes.
    really? i find ta lil girl cuteeeee

This series is currently airing right now so I'm watching it. I usually really enjoy 'family' series, and this one wasn't any different. I love the fact that there's FIVE kids in the family! Yesterday's episode was pretty emotional, the continuation from the episode from where the kids find out that their dad was actually dead. Especially during the videotape or DVD (can't remember which one it was) that their dad left them played and when the little girl cried.:P

The theme song is also quite cute, hehe.
    I'm watching: War & Destiny, Yummy Yummy

Want to watch: The Conquest, ASITP & EH (again)

Recently watched: LOCH'82, Strike at Heart, Central Affairs, The Academy

oh so you've just started with the series eh? yup i agree it's really sad to see the little girl cry.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

yep, it's just started airing in Canada. i think we just finished watching the 6th episode on Friday? it was pretty sad.. i nearly cried. the little girl is kinda annoying, i agree with that. she whines too much..
    currently watching: None. Too busy to watch TV!

yes she whines too much.
    and are you watching this mandarin? coz in the mandarin version, it's really annoying on how the kids call jess and joe. it's supposedly 'jiow ma' and 'jiow jiow' with a hard accent right? but the word 'jiow' they pronounced it in such a way that it somewhat sounded like the chinese character 'wine'. so annoying coz it seems to me that the kids pronounced that way in attempt of making themselves cute.
    cherrie

this movie was sort of boring at first but toward the end it got a lil better. i felt sorry for joe ma in the beginning he was like a housemom nd jessica was like bringin home the bacon lolz.

im on episode 6 ( i think ) and i think so far its good. i think joe and jessica are better in this series than lady fan.