Thread: Could Hui Juk and Deun Yu have prevented Kiu Fung's suicide?

Default Could Hui Juk and Deun Yu have prevented Kiu Fung's suicide?

Kiu Fung's suicide was so abrupt and so unexpected that all who witnessed it were shocked. Because no one anticipated that Kiu Fung would take his life, no one made a move to stop him. What if, however, Kiu Fung's two sworn brothers, Deun Yu and Hui Juk, knew what their eldest brother had in mind? Could they have stopped him? Neither was quite the fighter that Kiu Fung was, but they did have greater inner power, speed, and assorted skills that he did not have. Could Deun Yu and Hui Juk have overpowered Kiu Fung enough to momentarily subdue him...preventing him from taking any rash action?

Default Re: Could Hui Juk and Deun Yu have prevented Kiu Fung's suicide?

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    Kiu Fung's suicide was so abrupt and so unexpected that all who witnessed it were shocked. Because no one anticipated that Kiu Fung would take his life, no one made a move to stop him. What if, however, Kiu Fung's two sworn brothers, Deun Yu and Hui Juk, knew what their eldest brother had in mind? Could they have stopped him? Neither was quite the fighter that Kiu Fung was, but they did have greater inner power, speed, and assorted skills that he did not have. Could Deun Yu and Hui Juk have overpowered Kiu Fung enough to momentarily subdue him...preventing him from taking any rash action?
    If XZ and DY team up, XF is likely to not be their match. But to be able to actually seal his pressure points or grab a whole of his arms could be pretty hard. XF's arms and legs are quite mobile. And biting down the tougue to commit suicide can be down effortlessly.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Well, they don't necessarily have to subdue XF, do they? They could just grab his hands without necessarily subduing XF. With their speed and internal energy, I'd say it's possible.

Yeah, they could grab his arms to temporarily stop him then threaten to kill themselves if XF commit suicide. XF sure would stop going through with his suicide plan.

The thng is, can a fighter like XF be easily grabed by DY or XZ?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

no one can stop him. He is quite stubborn
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Originally posted by superboy
    The thng is, can a fighter like XF be easily grabed by DY or XZ?
    They don't need to have him in a iron grip. Just enough to halt him, to convey their threats. XF might be a very good fighter, but DY and XZ are not that weak either. Both have tremendous internal energy and DY is very fast. So, halting XF will not be a problem.

how about xu zhu hold xf back while dy goes in with the bei ming sucking lol. this is a win win situation for xf and dy, one lives and one gets energy.

Huh? Yesterday I thought I was the first to respond to Ken Cheng's topic, I didn't see superboy's post there, but this morning mine comes as the 2nd response. I wonder why superboy's response did not show up on my screen yesterday

yeah i think if dy and xz knows they could stop him... remember when ah zhu said to kf that dy will be a threat to him... even kf thinks that dy may one day surpass him

and with xz there yeah most probably they can pull it off at least seal his pressure point to stop him then, talk some senses into the thick head of his!!!

Imagine DY sucking XF and than XZ ~= walking nuke??
    TaZzY InC

There is a chance. Each should grap one arm. XF will not harm them.

OT: Nice to see you, Tazzy1972.

this is probably stupid question - how did XF commit suicide? If I remember correctly, from one adaptation he jumped off a mountain. I've never understood tongue biting because people can have their entire tongues cut out and stil live, why would tongue biting kill a person unless its from blood loss?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Could DY and HJ team up to defeat KF? Maybe.

But could they subdue KF without seriously harming him? That's a much more difficult task especially for inexperienced fighters regardless of how strong they really are. So in my opinion it's unlikely that they could do it.

I agree with what kidd wrote. Just tell him if he killed himself they would die to follow him. It's a lot more effective to try to talk him out of his plan than to use force.

I like how they at least tried in TLBB 04. They should have been able to succeed, really, but then again, if Xiao Feng hadn't insisted on doing it the dramatic way they probably wouldn't even have gotten close.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    I like how they at least tried in TLBB 04. They should have been able to succeed, really, but then again, if Xiao Feng hadn't insisted on doing it the dramatic way they probably wouldn't even have gotten close.
    Well, TLBB 04 kinda made XF really overpowered when he could freeze DY and XF in mid air with one arm each. Unecessary deviation from the novel. Though of all the adaptations, this one probably was the closest to the novel overall.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

When Qiao Feng set his mind to something, it got done. Probably why he became head of Gai Bang at a relatively young age: he got results. It is one of his greatest strengths and his downfall (e.g. Ah Zhu).

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Could DY and HJ team up to defeat KF? Maybe.

But could they subdue KF without seriously harming him? That's a much more difficult task especially for inexperienced fighters regardless of how strong they really are. So in my opinion it's unlikely that they could do it.

I agree with what kidd wrote. Just tell him if he killed himself they would die to follow him. It's a lot more effective to try to talk him out of his plan than to use force.

Kenny? Wholly crap, you're back. Never thought I would hear from you again. It's Jason btw. I haven't been on this forum in a few years, but not nearly as long as you've been missing.

What have you been doing all these years or what are you doing now? Btw, I'm already married (but no kids).
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44 View Post
    Kenny? Wholly crap, you're back. Never thought I would hear from you again. It's Jason btw. I haven't been on this forum in a few years, but not nearly as long as you've been missing.

What have you been doing all these years or what are you doing now? Btw, I'm already married (but no kids).
    Kenny had been MIA/POW for years. Somehow, the Taliban and al Qaeda got him. I had to go behind enemy lines with Delta Force and Navy SEALS to get him out.

DY and XZ grab XF on opposite sides, DY's BMSG activates and starts draining XF but since XZ is holding on using his stronger BMZQ on the other side, the 2 streams of BMZQ tug back and forth before both DY and XZ end up losing all their energy to XF (like how XZ did it to the 2 elders).

XF in overheated mode and still overcome with sadness, breaks free and proceeds to kill himself.

XZ and DY then retire and that's why non of their skills get passed on to LOCH.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!