Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The "W" Files 《衛斯理》

Smile The "W" Files 《衛斯理》

Although this series is not new but I wonder why there's no thread talk about this series?? So, any comment?

Starring: Gallen Lo, Yoyo Mung, Tavia Yeung, Michael Tong, Matt Yung, Evergreen Mak, Power Chan, Fiona Yuen Choi Wan, Ko Hung, Chu Mimi, Sharon Chan ...

Last edited by triumph2004; 01-10-09 at 01:43 AM.
    ~Cathelyn~

it's a great series!
    i really like it!
    the stories are intriguing and the actors and actress all gave a great performance!
    i love tavia in this series! she's soooooooo cute!!!!

Thumbs down

another terrible show with everything representative of what's wrong with TVB these days. only if they realize that not every silly story needs a cliched romance as the main focus. the material has much potential, but once again ruined by their bland formula. laughable special effects and not so amusing jokes compounded to the silliness. I could go on, but it wouldn't be worth my time, that's how bad it is.
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

I thought it was one of the better series TVB came out with.

The stand out performance were Gallon Lo, Tavia Yeung, Power Chan, Micheal Wong,and even Evergreen Mok was pretty good.

I didn't think Yoyo was that great in the show. The series started well but in the end it, like most long series, they try to wrap it up with some silly events.

The ending with Yoyo and Gallon on the loch ness lake seems very interesting and I do hope they continue with it... but since Gallon is out of TVB I doubt it would be the same without him in it.

P.S. is nice to see Ko Hung back doing some TVB series... he is pretty good and have that present of a vetern actor aura.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

one word.... crap!

It's over-romantic themes, lame attempts of humour, undeveloped storylines and too much holes in the plot bored the hell out of me!

It was too predictable and the characters had no depth. Plus, the action scenes were too fake! Teh songs were horrible and had a horrible tune!

Gallen is one great actor, but he is no Wisely to me. The Wisely in the novel gave me the impression of cunning, intelligence, imaginative and active.

Gallen's portrayal gave me the impression of Wisely as a hopeless romantic, narrow-minded, weak and over-confident.

And Bai Su in the novel and the series were totally different people.

Matt's character and stiffness in acting just pissed me off while I didn't like Tavia's character, but liked her acting.

Evergreen, Jimmy and Fiona were like background props. Power was great and so was Eddy and Michael.

The sub stories were pretty lame and draggy. Everything seemed to be fate and unpreventable that it was so boring to watch.

The only one I liked was Anne and Roger's one which at least diverted the plot from the continuous and repititive "romance".
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

actually, it is one great series....

the only problem I have with the storyline is Yoyo's character Pak So...which I think is not rational towards Gallen's character Wisely.........

I give this series a 4.....out of 5....
    Sam and Zoe are FOREVER and EVER!
    Please visit :Codename : Dreams|| Get TVB Theme songs here & here

Most of you that think this series is bad... did you guys base it on the novels or the comic version... since I haven't read the books or the comic and the only other version I saw was the Andy Lau bad movie version... I guess that is why I thought it was pretty good.
    Flame on I am gone...

Originally posted by James Ko
    Most of you that think this series is bad... did you guys base it on the novels or the comic version...
    never seen or read anything wisely before in my life. I picked this show to watch for the potential, and boy was I wrong. I am more and more amazed that TVB can manage to turn just about everything into a cross between daytime soap + bad sitcom.
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

I didn't even know why Wisely (Gallen) had to have dyed hair? It didn't fit in that 20's era.

Even alone without any comparisons to other adaptions or to the novel, it sucked as it lacked charisma and attraction.

Even though I thought Andy's version was pretty boring, at least we could see the golden couple Rosamund and Andy.

And in the movie versions, at least we could see come real fighting. In the series, the kicks looked really fake and exaggerated. The special effects were overdone.

I give it 2 out of 5. 1 for Michael Tong and Eddy, and 1 for Evergreen, Power, Jimmy and Fiona.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Surprise to see many didn't like this series. I actually enjoyed it, just hated Yoyo though By the way, what's the name of that song she sang in the beginning?
    "What is meant to be will always be."

I haven't read before the novel or the comic.

anyway, Gallen and Tavia really did a great job in this series.......

it's a complete disappointment for me. i was having high expectations for this series, but i ended up hating it! the cases are crap, gallen was not in his best performance, and yoyo was so damn annoying! you can easily guess what's happening in the cases
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Yeah, I find it disappointing too. I only liked two cases, the second one (ghost that has green blood) and the one with Roger and Anne.

The case in Guangxi Province (where they found Michael Tong still living) had to be the most boring one ever. Snoozefest.

And yes, you will find yourself scratching head, asking "Why does Yoyo treat Gallen that way?"

yup, I agree....Yoyo was annoying....

I've never read Ni Kuang's novel. But i think it was good. Why some ppl say it's good and some say it's bad? For me, i think it's great!

I think why they change Pak Sou because they wanna link Wisely to new cases. Agree??

And, Wisely's illusion part is not that annoying... they just wanna make us see another part of Wisely. If Wisely in the series is totally serious, won't it be boring to watch?

Btw, what's your most fav. sub-story and which one is the worst of all? For me, the worst one is 'changing corpse'.
    ~Cathelyn~

I thought that this series was sort of interesting. At first I was like, "what the heck?". Haven't seen tvb made these type of series for quite some time.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

wow. i didn't expect that much resentment. is it really that bad? i guess people really do have different opinions and it's pretty evenly spread out in here.

but i do agree since someone mentioned it, why does bak su dislike wisely so much at first? it was a very instant thing.

as for best story and worst. i think my best one would be anne and roger's one, and least interesting is the lst one about the UFO.

yeah, best one for me too is roger and anne's case. worst one is the ufo. plain stupid imo.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Originally posted by cherrie
    yeah, best one for me too is roger and anne's case. worst one is the ufo. plain stupid imo.
    Hmm I thought the Roger and Anne drag out too much... I think the best case was the haunted house where the ghost was the dead husband who was an alien or the spirit that was in that wood log.
    Flame on I am gone...

Originally posted by James Ko
    Hmm I thought the Roger and Anne drag out too much... I think the best case was the haunted house where the ghost was the dead husband who was an alien or the spirit that was in that wood log.
    That's the one I mentioned! The alien had the green blood, eh?