Thread: Why did Murong Bo decided to learn Shaolin MA?

Default Why did Murong Bo decided to learn Shaolin MA?

Murong Longcheng created the Shifting North Star technique and was matchless during his time.

With such great skills at hand, why did Murong Bo decided that learning Shaolin would further his skills? Wouldn't he be better off working at perfecting his our family arts?

It was a skill that allowed Murong Longcheng to roam the wulin matchless.

Simply put, MRB failed to bring out the best of Star Shifting Technique. It's like Yue Buqun learning Bi Xie Jian Fa. Did both of them benefited greatly from the skills? Yes. But did both of them brought out the true essence of the skill? Undoubtedly no.

It was part of a tactical play by MRB to enter Shaolin and learn their arts. For some reason, MRB was very keen to learn different arts; he even learnt 1YZ just for a chance to frame Dali and cause conflict between Dali and Shaolin.

Both MRB and MRF fell for the same mistake. Instead of trying to learn more arts, they should had just concentrated on perfecting their Star Shifting Technique. That would had made them number 1.

Was there any hints as to how much of the Shifting North Star technique they had mastered?

Could it be MRB had discovered that even though the Shifting North Star technique was great during Murong Longcheng's time, but over the hundreds of years, other greats arts had developed, and by DGSD time it can no longer compete against the other greats arts such as YJJ, 6MSJ, XL18Z etc?
    Last edited by Stance; 07-18-17 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stance View Post
    Could it be MRB had discovered that even though the Shifting North Star technique was great during Murong Longcheng's time, but over the hundreds of years, other greats arts had developed, and by DGSD time it can no longer compete against the other greats arts such as YJJ, 6MSJ, XL18Z etc?
    I don't buy this. MRLC probably roamed the world alongside the era of Damo, Xiao Yao Zi and such. Would appreciate if someone threw me a timeline, I'm hazy on history.