Thread: more Ode to Gallantry pondering

Default more Ode to Gallantry pondering

There seems to be some people who know quite a bit about Xia Ke Xin here, so let me bring up something to think about. It's often accepted that Zhang San and Li Si are a notch above the martial arts level of the best Central Plain warriors, namely Bai Zizai, Xie Yanke, Abbot Miaodi and Priest Yucha. However, I have not been able to find any solid proof to support this theory. I hereby explain my doubts.

In chpt 1, Xie Yanke forced the swords out of several Snow Mountain disciples with 10% of his power. Later, Zhang San also de-weaponed several Snow Mountain disciples, albeit these guys were much higher in senority compared to the fellows Xie subdued. But Xie only used a small portion of his strength, so I think the feats may be comparable.

when SPT and Bai Zizai met, it was obvious SPT's internal energy is light years above Bai. But this is after a boost on SPT's part from Zhang San and Li Si's poisonous drinks. Prior to the drinks, SPT also had a lot more Internal energy than Zhang or Li; who knows how the big of a discrepency after the drinks. So perhaps Zhang and Li are comparable to Bai.

I hope to hear your opinion regarding this topic.

I just found something which might prove ME wrong. When Zhang San and Li Si performed Sealing Acupoints without physical contact, none of the people in the room had ever witnessed such a skill; they'd only heard it in stories. Well, IIRC Bai Wanjian and some other Snow Mountain pupils were in the room, which means they never saw their teacher Bai Zizai perform this feat. So people of BZZ's level probably can't do it. Since BZZ is among the elites of Central Plains, I am willing to accept that Zhang San/Li Si > Central Plain 1st class.

Yep, you're right, Zhang San and Li Si are much better than the Central Plains martial artists, at least from the info given in the novel it seems that they are unrivalled.
    ¹ï ¼Ä ¶· ¬½ ¡A ±Ù ¯ó °£ ®Ú ¡A ¨k ¤k ¦Ñ ¥® ¡A ¤£ ¯d ¤@ ¤H

some questions:

what happened to Zhang San and Li Si at the end?

what happened to Ding Dang at the end?

in Only xia ke xing story, is Xue Shan Pai the most powerful sect in jiang hu ONLY in this story ???

i only saw the mainland adaption never read the book...

Zhang San and Li Si were the two messengers from the Island of Gallantry, whose responsibility was to give out the invitation to numerous fighters in wulin. I can't remember any of the *invitation* turned down, so probably that gave them the image of being more powerful than the 1st class fighters in Central Plains. If they were not good enough, chances are some fighters would be able to reject this *invitation*.

I don't have the book in front of me right now, even if I do I might not be able to give the exact quotes from the book since mine is a translated version (so the book number and the chapter number will be different most likely). I think Ian Liew who is translating the novel can give you a much, much better answer.

actually, a lot of invitations were rejected, but all the rejecters and their associates were either killed on the spot or died shortly afterwards.

That's what I meant by *nobody* turning down the *invitation* Sorry for the confusion.

I see, very tricky: the emphasis on noBODY means [everyone who died after rejecting the invitation] does not count as a BODY (since they're dead), so in turn nobody turned down.

I didn't think to that depth Now that I think of it, it makes sense too