Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Power of Love

So far anybody died in this series? I can't keep up with the children's name so maybe an intro on who they're and who they're playing?

I wish there is a summary. I really depend on the subtitles from the screencaps to kind of guess what is going on. And for you who said you missed some steamy ermmm scenes, I think there's some in your new screencaps?
    PointEntertainment @ http://point2e.com [all about Reviews.Comments.Opinions].

What I meant is can I have a full cast-character list? Because sometimes you refer to their character's name and I can't keep up!

By the way, where is this series set? Singapore?

Also what are the jobs of various characters? I know the husband is a doctor, everybody else looks rich as someone once mentioned. So what do they do?

AND WUCHANG!!!! I saw in the screencaps I think the actress' name is Apple and she I think is holding her daughter's face warning her (or maybe teasing her) about some auntie Pauline. What is going on in that scene?

more screencaps, more Shaun, more happy pictures.
    Last edited by Funn Lim; 07-19-04 at 01:07 PM.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wuchang
    [B]Yep, that's the same Sun Li!

ah cool, but does she get some decent screen time in the show coz she seems like a real minor character. Mebbe someone can post some caps of her in the show, thnx..

Last edited by wuchang; 09-26-04 at 12:01 PM.

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/hey/sto...302340,00.html

Star cast, snail-like plot

WATCH IT
    Yeoh Wee Teck

AT last, daily one-hour dramas on Channel U.

Power Of Love, co-produced by Hong Kong company CEI, is an ambitious story of modern love - marriages, affairs, seduction, erectile dysfunction, single parenthood and love triangles.

Guo Liang is Stanley, a high-flying surgeon married to radio DJ Kara (veteran Hong Kong star Esther Kwan).

They have two kids and a happy family life, which the first episode takes great pains to flesh out.

TROUBLE LOOMS

The first fly in the ointment is the appearance of Stanley's illegitimate son, the result of a short-lived affair in Shanghai.

Kara's brother Paco (Shaun Chen), a playboy financial whiz, is pursuing Kara's best friend, advertising executive Pauline (Michelle Chia).

But Pauline's assistant Maggie (Apple Hong) - a single mother with romance on her agenda - will come between Pauline and Paco.

Stanley's colleague is Frankie (Adrian Pang), who has an erectile dysfunction problem brought on by his fiery materialistic wife Mary (Quan Yifeng).

Perhaps because there is the luxury of 40 episodes to tell this tale, the first episode ambles along at a languid - and almost comatose - pace.

But it is good to see the Channel U stars in meaty roles. Guo Liang and Adrian have the chance to display their depth in the initial episodes, while Yifeng and Apple look set to shine in their showy roles.

Rumoured lovebirds Shaun and Michelle also take advantage of their obvious chemistry.

And befitting her experience, Esther was suitably lovey-dovey, even though her dubbed voice was a bad distraction.

You'll need patience to watch this, but Channel U promises that the pace will pick up.

Let's hope this happens soon - it'll be such a waste if this commendable effort is ignored just because viewers have short attention spans.

I've posted a newspaper article which I hope should make things clearer. If not,

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v310/wuchang/pol-names-v2.jpg')

Funn Lim, the series is set in Singapore. About that scene where Apple was playing with her daughter's face (Coco), it was because Coco mischievously set up a movie date between Apple and Shaun. She was just explaining that Shaun is dating Michelle (Pauline). Coco is just anxious in finding a partner for her mom. There was a cute scene in an earlier episode where Coco was busy marketing her mother to any eligible male adult she meets.

Gunner, that will be difficult as Sun Li's character is deceased. She only appears in flashbacks. But there are a few caps of her in the first few screencaps I've made.

Thanks! That is like the best article because it contains most of the info I want like name, character, JOB. Paco? DJ? Kara? What is wrong with these people? Aren't all these names and jobs too high up?

Ahhhh a rumoured off the set romance between two young stars. Now that is interesting but never seen this news anywhere else. I like the way the article is worded; Star cast, snail-like plot which means I guess it's not good but watch it anyway.

Thanks for the names of the characters and all.

i think this series isnt as good as those tvb ones -- especially armed reaction when esther was still starring in it. definitely not as good. the parts with only adults are rather high- brow and not as humorous. the plot is really slow and nothing much is happening.
    wish i could post some screen captures on for you guys. pity though that my digicam's connecting wire is lost =S sorry!
    ll wish*wand ll
    -

nice sceen caps!!! can you capture more??? i think as the first product of SPH, it is well done!!!

Originally posted by estherrulz
    nice sceen caps!!! can you capture more??? i think as the first product of SPH, it is well done!!!
    it is far from being the first product of SPH.

thanks for the screencaps wuchang!
    tonights episode was great.
    the parts with quan yifeng and adrian pang arent as high- brow as the others. i really take back what i said about the adults being high- brow. but some parts were though =S
    but i think apple hong plays a really irritating role in the show. i can't stand her character. her character's even worse than quan yifeng's. quan yifeng just looks spastic and hilarious when shes trying to act angry, like the 2 times when she and adrain pang quarrelled in this series.
    are there any fan sites for this show yet?
    ll wish*wand ll
    Last edited by wishwand; 07-21-04 at 10:12 AM.
    -

Last edited by wuchang; 09-26-04 at 12:02 PM.

No prob wishwand! I find Quan Yifeng hilarious too. She tends to over act and if she doesn't irritate, she becomes comical. I find Adrian Pang hilarious too. I don't know if there are any fan sites but there's an official forum. The link is somewhere in my earlier posts.

As for the pacing, I guess the director and scriptwriter decided to spend a substantial amount of time on exposition, almost 1/4 of the series, to flesh out the characters. Whether this is a good approach for the series is subjective. It might not be good for some but I'm fine with it. Some things does have to be savoured slowly. However, the pace is definitely picking up now.

Who is that guy kissing Apple and why is she irritating? Because she is the obligatory "woman waiting by the side" for the man she will ultimately get when he gets dumped or he dumps his present girlfriend?

That's the jerk who got Apple pregnant and then left her to bring up the child alone. I don't know the actor's name, but I've seen the face before. I think he's a model and I probably saw him in some commercial before.

Last edited by wuchang; 09-26-04 at 12:02 PM.

Originally posted by wuchang
    That's the jerk who got Apple pregnant and then left her to bring up the child alone. I don't know the actor's name, but I've seen the face before. I think he's a model and I probably saw him in some commercial before.
    I think the actor's name is Christopher Wee.

Default Ep 13 summary pls

Episode 13 looks interesting. I hope somebody will post a short summary because I wonder what is going on with the mother, I assume ex jerk boyfriend, daughter and again I assume male friend in the hotel room.

Thanks!

Last edited by wuchang; 09-26-04 at 12:03 PM.

the stanley veri ~~~ ,he always misunderstand kara one!!!!!!! can i have all ur email addresses