Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Power of Love

i think so too. but when kara want a divorce, stanley did all the things he can to save this marriage~~~ so i think kara still stand a place in stanley's heart...

>> i think so too. but when kara want a divorce, stanley did all the things he can to save this marriage~~~ so i think kara still stand a place in stanley's heart...

Let's put it this way: If Stanley could start all over again, do you think he would want to marry Kara or Jiang Yue?

I think he would want to marry Jiang Yue.

Woah! Interesting discussion between estherrulz and nidive.

This series is turning out to be big tearjerker!

Wait! Didn't stanley married Kara and then met the mistress or this relationship existed even before he married his wife?

I do think why everybody assumes he loves the mistress more is because she is dead. You can't fight a memory which in the mind of that man is perfect, so the mistress is perfect. More so he has a son to remind him of that. I do not think anybody will die in here, it's a matter of acceptance and forgiveness. After all the title is Power Of Love and what's the use of this power if somebody dies?

I believe Stanley feels guilt, the mistress only advantage is that she died young. I do not think he doesn't love Kara but whatever he is doing now is like mourning for the mistress' death. Something like that.
    PointEntertainment @ http://point2e.com [all about Reviews.Comments.Opinions].

Originally posted by Funn Lim
    Wait! Didn't stanley married Kara and then met the mistress or this relationship existed even before he married his wife?

I do think why everybody assumes he loves the mistress more is because she is dead. You can't fight a memory which in the mind of that man is perfect, so the mistress is perfect. More so he has a son to remind him of that. I do not think anybody will die in here, it's a matter of acceptance and forgiveness. After all the title is Power Of Love and what's the use of this power if somebody dies?

I believe Stanley feels guilt, the mistress only advantage is that she died young. I do not think he doesn't love Kara but whatever he is doing now is like mourning for the mistress' death. Something like that.
    Yep. He married Kara first before he got to know Jiang Yue. The only thing was when he had the affair Kara was like already six months pregnant. @.@;

And yep, I do share your thoughts, Funn.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Thumbs up yOyO

TiS sHoW Is nT BaD lAhZ....sHuAn Is sO HaNdSoMe dEn My mUm LuvS 2 wAtCh tIs ShoW OsO....dEn tIs ShOw iS nIceR tHaN cHaNnEl 8 9 pM sHoW...ThOsE hU Nv wAtcH...bEtA Go n wAtCh It kK....+_+

yah i agree that stanley loves kara~~~

>> I do think why everybody assumes he loves the mistress more is because she is dead. You can't fight a memory which in the mind of that man is perfect, so the mistress is perfect. More so he has a son to remind him of that.
    >> I believe Stanley feels guilt, the mistress only advantage is that she died young. I do not think he doesn't love Kara but whatever he is doing now is like mourning for the mistress' death. Something like that.

So you think Stanley loves both Kara and Jiang Yue equally?

In one of the earlier episodes, Stanley once said to Jiang Yue (during a flashback) that it would be perfect if they had known each other earlier. That I think expresses a subtle hidden wish and solemn regret deep in his heart.

Also, do you think when he and Jiang Yue expressed their love for each other, Jiang Yue can accept the fact that he loves both Kara and her? Do you think Jiang Yue can accept a man who loves two women at the same time? So much so she can give up her career and raise up singlehandedly a son fathered by her lover whom she had only known for three days?

Do you think Stanley is two-timing Jiang Yue? If that is the case, what sort of man is Stanley? And what sort of woman is Kara then, to have fallen for such a man?

I have figured out a detail why Kara is willing to reconcile with Stanley after the divorce.

I think it's got something to do with Yongheng. He still haven't called Kara "MaMa" yet! Yes, I think he wants both Kara and Stanley. It's just that he doesn't have the courage to call Kara "MaMa" right now.

Have you ever noticed the expression on Yongheng's face whenever he is asked who treats him better, Kara or Jiang Yue? Once by that gossip host Gigi and another time by Jiale?

HAve they divorced??

I haven't seen this series so what I gather is from the screencaps and the usual storylines of this kind of series. So I better not comment.

But on the reality side, there is no such thing as loving two persons equally. How do you weigh love? Like I said, you can't fight a memory so in the end if I were Kara there are only two options; learn to live with that memory or leave because that memory will never materialise. She is dead after all. Believe me I really do think this series will have a happy ending because then it will defeat it's english title.

That doesn't mean dear Stanley is not a bastard correct?

anyway it is not for us to decide their fate~~~ kara reconcile with stanley because she relise that stanley was important to her when he contact a disease~~~

Nope, Stanley and Kara are not divorced, yet.

I think we have to acknowledge at least one fact about Stanley, ie he did not further develop his relationship with Jiang Yue. And it seems that he was only with her for 3 days. Maybe it was only an one night stand.

The recent of arrival of Yongheng and the news of Jiang Yue's death has jolted Stanley's memory. It is not surprising that his mind is presently consumed with thoughts of Jiang Yue. The very memories that had laid buried for 9 long years that not even Kara was able to detect.

And now that we discover that Jiang Yue was the one who helped Stanley to gain back his confidence after a failed operation which caused his mentor's death, Stanley must be feeling he owed Jiang Yue his present success. Moreover, she somehow even sacrificed her career and love life for him by bringing up Yongheng on her own without once coming to Singapore to look for him.

Another fact is that Jiang Yue knows about Kara. Stanley did not hide that he was married.

IMHO, I think Stanley feels he owes a huge debt to Jiang Yue for the sacrifices she made for him. Whatever he is doing now is his attemps at trying to repay that debt. However, his true love is still Kara.

>> I think we have to acknowledge at least one fact about Stanley, ie he did not further develop his relationship with Jiang Yue. And it seems that he was only with her for 3 days. Maybe it was only an one night stand.

I think it is not as simple as a one night stand. If it was only a one night stand, why did he accept Yongheng as his son outright without even doing any DNA test, given that he is a doctor himself!

If an eight-year old kid come up to you and say that you are his dad, what would be your reaction?

I think Stanley did in fact love Jiang Yue, but they had a pact with each other that they should never cross each other's path again after the end of those three happy days.

Remember what Jiang Yue said to Yongheng, who in turn told Kara unwittingly? If two persons genuinely love each other, even if they may meet for only a short while, that is equivalent to everlasting. That is why Jiang Yue named her son Yongheng, Everlasting.

Why did he accept this son without a DNA test? Simple answer. Drama.

Kidding.

I think one night stand issue is towards sex once but like you rightly said, perhaps there is love. but did I read only 3 days they knew each other? Maybe it's more about passion and that woman was there during his most vulnerable time so of course he remembers her. Moreover maybe he acknowledges the fact that this woman is a decent woman, not those who sleeps around so with a bit of calculation, he is sure that is his son. And I guess he must be one responsible person, acknowledging his faults and tries hard to remedy the situation. Moreover from what I read it's more like the woman loving that man more, with songs written about their affair, their children named in such a way but the man may not feel the same, not as deep.

Why is everybody talking about them divorcing when it's not there yet? is it in the summary or just a speculation?
    Last edited by Funn Lim; 08-02-04 at 12:31 PM.

And how is the relationship between brother and sister? From the screencaps they seem to have lots of heart to heart talks.

Originally posted by wuchang
    Nope, Stanley and Kara are not divorced, yet.

I think we have to acknowledge at least one fact about Stanley, ie he did not further develop his relationship with Jiang Yue. And it seems that he was only with her for 3 days. Maybe it was only an one night stand.

The recent of arrival of Yongheng and the news of Jiang Yue's death has jolted Stanley's memory. It is not surprising that his mind is presently consumed with thoughts of Jiang Yue. The very memories that had laid buried for 9 long years that not even Kara was able to detect.

And now that we discover that Jiang Yue was the one who helped Stanley to gain back his confidence after a failed operation which caused his mentor's death, Stanley must be feeling he owed Jiang Yue his present success. Moreover, she somehow even sacrificed her career and love life for him by bringing up Yongheng on her own without once coming to Singapore to look for him.

Another fact is that Jiang Yue knows about Kara. Stanley did not hide that he was married.

IMHO, I think Stanley feels he owes a huge debt to Jiang Yue for the sacrifices she made for him. Whatever he is doing now is his attemps at trying to repay that debt. However, his true love is still Kara.
    i agree~~~

now i super confuse~~~ think stanley love jiang yue coz he need support at that time then jiang yue help him~~~ so he fall in love with jiang yue~~~ as for kara is 'developing love'~~~ my opinion lah~~

I am also confused.

Perhaps Jiang Yue loved Stanley more than Stanley loved Jiang Yue?

Jiang Yue looks much younger than Stanley and was still in music school?

I find Jiang Yue (Sun Li) looks pretty cute. Is that why Yongheng looks cute as well? Hahaha...