Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Power of Love

Jiang Yue definitely loves Stanley more than he loves her. Stanley seems lost and unable to think rationally when he met Jiang Yue. I think he went to Jiang Yue for comfort.

Originally posted by Funn Lim

Why is everybody talking about them divorcing when it's not there yet? is it in the summary or just a speculation?
    Hmm, good question. I don't know where I got the idea that these 2 are going to be divorced. However, if you refer to the screencaps I took of the opening sequence, you will find one of Esther with a suitcase all packed up looking forlorn in the master bedroom. It seemed like she was about to move out of the house. Though it might not be the case.

Originally posted by Funn Lim
    And how is the relationship between brother and sister? From the screencaps they seem to have lots of heart to heart talks.
    They are very close. They do have lots of heart to heart talks. But they have different approaches to their love life. Kara desires honesty, while Paco don't place as much emphasis on it. It was shown when Paco adviced Stanley to hide the truth about Jiang Yue from Kara to keep her blissfully happy as compared to Kara who needed to know all about Jiang Yue which is why she is in Shanghai now.

As for Stanley's immediate acceptance of Yongheng as his son, I find that a bit incredulous too. That is a weak point in the plot.

kara wanted a divorce i think in the later part

Today's story is so touching. It made me cry.

I think Stanley will not be able to forgive himself, let alone forget about Jiang Yue from now on, especially with Yongheng around to remind him of Jiang Yue's sacrifices for him.

But we know that Yongheng did not inherit any hereditary disease from his mother.

But did Yongheng contract some disease later on that put his life at risk? I read Lian He Zao Bao's interview with Guo Liang that said that there was a scene where Stanley could not save his own child even though he was a doctor himself.

I don't think Yongheng will *eventually* die. There should be a miracle at the end. Otherwise, I think Stanley will become seriously deranged.

Episode 21 screencaps

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...pol-ep21-1.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...pol-ep21-2.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...pol-ep21-3.jpg

Episode 22 preview

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...-preview22.jpg

I have to say the last 2 episodes were really emotionally charged! The script and acting is really top notch!
    Last edited by wuchang; 09-26-04 at 12:11 PM.

Let's not jump the story. What happened in ep 21 that was so touching?
    PointEntertainment @ http://point2e.com [all about Reviews.Comments.Opinions].

>> Let's not jump the story. What happened in ep 21 that was so touching?

I will try to retell the story from my perspective.

What was shown in this episode was that Stanley did in fact loved Jiang Yue, and very much wanted to be with her forever in Shanghai. But Jiang Yue was a very rational woman. She knew that Stanley was married with a wife and daughter, and she told him to spare a thought for his wife and daughter and go back to Singapore, although she felt very miserable and hurt. She told Stanley that she would never cross his path again after the day they separated.

Kara, being a curious and inquisitive woman, wanted to visit Jiang Yue's home and tomb. Jiang Yue's close cousin, Meiling, after being informed by Liu Yun calling from Singapore, arranged for the visit. Yongheng used to live with Meiling after Jiang Yue's death.

Stanley bought Jiang Yue's favorite purple tulips to pay respect at the tomb. Meiling asked Kara and Stanley if they indeed really wanted to raise up Yongheng. Stanley replied that as Yongheng's father, it is his responsibility to raise him up. Meiling said that Jiang Yue would be heartened to know that Stanley is a responsible father. She subsequently revealed that two months after Stanley and Jiang Yue separated, Jiang Yue discovered she was pregnant. Not only was she pregnant, there was a growing tumour in her womb too. The doctor advised her to abort Yongheng as carrying Yongheng to full term would aggravate the cancer. She could not take many toxic medicines which can be detrimental to the child's health.

Meiling, being a concerned cousin, wanted Jiang Yue to abort the baby and forced her to the hospital for the surgery, much against her will. Jiang Yue loved the child in her womb very much. She couldn't bear to abort it. Somehow, she managed to escape from the hospital, although she was very weak and frail at that time.

Meiling tried again to get Jiang Yue to the hospital for the surgery. But the doctor performing the surgery on seeing how determined Jiang Yue is and her undying love for her child, could not bear to perform the surgery too.

Jiang Yue gets to keep the baby. After the baby was born, she had to immediately undergo a surgery to remove the tumour. That left her unconscious for five days, with her life dangling in the air. Perhaps her love for her child was so strong, she regained consciousness. If she had died, Yongheng would literally be an orphan on the day he was born.

But her illness is a long-term fight against death. She had to keep taking medicines to keep the cancer at bay.

Kara and Stanley walked up an old alley and stairway that leads to Jiang Yue's small and pitiful home. This is the place where she raised up Yongheng. Just the sight of it makes one sad. Meiling handed the key to the room to Kara and Stanley. Stanley was apprehensive about entering the room, but Kara prompted him.

There were bottles of medicine on the dressing table. There was a big bed where probably she slept together with Yongheng. Meiling showed Kara and Stanley a photo album which Jiang Yue kept. There were photos of the baby Yongheng and Jiang Yue, and photos of Yongheng playing soccer, drawing and playing the violin together with narratives written by Jiang Yue about each photo. Stanley was mesmerized by a photo of Jiang Yue carrying a three year old Yongheng. I think he secretly brought that photo back to Singapore.

Meiling told Kara that Jiang Yue's sacrifices for Stanley, including her career and life, isn't at all less than Kara's sacrifices for Stanley. She hopes that Kara understands that Jiang Yue isn't a wretched woman.

Later on, Meiling handed privately a diary to Stanley written by Jiang Yue while in hospital during her last days. She says that she had kept it from Yongheng because he's too young to understand what's written in it.

Story continues tomorrow.

My thinking is that if Jiang Yue sacrificed her career and life for Yongheng, and now that she's dead, Stanley could no longer do anything for Jiang Yue to make up for her sacrifices for their love. His hopes are pinned on Yongheng, and I think Yongheng will be very important to him. Because Yongheng is the only avenue he could do anything to make up to Jiang Yue.

Ep 23 looks interesting. Is Kara leaving Stanley or is she looking for some space? As much as I pity the mistress, I pity the wife more. Many seems to sympathise with the mistress because she raised one son single handedly, she sacrificed her health in doing so and she did it all because of one brief encounter with a man she could never have. She even asked him to go home! But what about the wife? She has to live in the shadow of this woman's ultimate sacrifice, she has to learn to love the illegitimate son, she has to deal with her husband's infidelity which isn't only physical but it is apparent he loved her, more or less we never know and she has to deal with a husband who can't decided whether he wants to forever live in his guilt or just move on. I pity the wife.

Like all speculation, I hope they end in divorce so that the man just wake up from his guilt and then they should get back together again, this time free from the shadow of this dead woman. Whilst many may see this woman as giving and loving, and I do agree, don't you all think that in the end she won? I mean she may be dead but that man still thinks about her all the time. Isn't this is what a woman wants? The man's heart forever remembering them? Selfish thinking perhaps but in some small ways I see this as the way it is. I am sure this series shows a more gentle perspective.

Now come to her brother who can't differentiate between loving someone and wanting to sleep with someone. I am sure it will be a happy ending, he will realise he love the girl for all that she is and she will get her man. But this series has at least 17 episodes to go, I wonder what more surprises can it show?

Between, I really like Shaun Chen's shirt in today's epsiode. I notice all his shirts are very flashy, maybe urban, young, but flamboyant flashy. Today's one a bit less flamboyant but still flashy. But nice. I hate his hair though.
    Last edited by Funn Lim; 08-05-04 at 11:24 AM.
    PointEntertainment @ http://point2e.com [all about Reviews.Comments.Opinions].

lots of surprises~~~ hope kara n stanley can be together~~~ let stanley realize the importance of kara~

>> Is Kara leaving Stanley or is she looking for some space?

She is going to take a break in Canada with her parents to sort out her thinking on her marriage.

I think she will choose to divorce Stanley after that break.

Apparently, the problem between Kara and Stanley is that Stanley wasn't able to share his deepest and innermost thoughts and feelings with Kara.

Stanley tried to keep a happy face in front of Kara, and tells Kara that he will forget about Jiang Yue some day, somehow. But Kara saw through his deceit. Stanley simply can't forget about Jiang Yue and feels very miserable and wretched that he could not do anything for Jiang Yue now that she's dead. He feels that he owes Jiang Yue too much.

But Kara is unhappy that Stanley always hide his innermost feelings to himself and refuse to share them with her. She questioned Stanley if Jiang Yue is the only woman who can share his deepest thoughts.

That infuriated Stanley and a heated quarrel ensued.

My PC decided to throw a tantrum today. sigh.

No episode screencaps. Only previews.

Episode 24 preview

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...-preview24.jpg
    Last edited by wuchang; 09-26-04 at 12:12 PM.

i want to thanks wuchang for the screen caps on the behalf of the esther's fans, in cluding me~

Episode 24

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...e/pol-ep24.jpg

Episode 25 preview

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...-preview25.jpg

I think with Kara overseas, the next few episodes will focus more on Liu Yun + Pauline and Frankie. The previews seem to confirm this.
    Last edited by wuchang; 09-26-04 at 12:13 PM.

Originally posted by estherrulz
    i want to thanks wuchang for the screen caps on the behalf of the esther's fans, in cluding me~
    You're welcome.

But the next few episodes may not have Esther in it.

it is ok , just capture more of her when she is there

Quan Yifeng's so hilarious today. The humourous mood is in direct contrast to the serious and heavy mood between Stanley and Kara.

Wuchang, I will be away for reservist for three weeks.

Do you mind if you could put up more screen caps of the storyline between Stanley, Kara and the three kids? I love to see Yongheng especially.

Many thanks if you could oblige! And I wonder when the VCD/DVD version would ever be out?

Last edited by wuchang; 09-26-04 at 12:13 PM.