Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Power of Love

Originally posted by nidive
    Wuchang, I will be away for reservist for three weeks.

Do you mind if you could put up more screen caps of the storyline between Stanley, Kara and the three kids? I love to see Yongheng especially.

Many thanks if you could oblige! And I wonder when the VCD/DVD version would ever be out?
    No prob. Was going to do it anyway..

Wuchang, do you mind writing a short summary about tomorrow's episode? I looked at the preview and I want to know what happenes between Maggie and Paco. Thanks.
    PointEntertainment @ http://point2e.com [all about Reviews.Comments.Opinions].

Sure. It's gonna be interesting.

Paco said "我爱你“ to Maggie in the preview.

Originally posted by wuchang
    Sure. It's gonna be interesting.

Paco said "我爱你“ to Maggie in the preview.
    I can't read chinese! Wait! Is that I LOVE YOU? Is it? Is it? I wish I could hear it! Arghhhhh. Now give me detailed summary, very detailed.

Maggie and Coco went for an interview to enter a reputable primary school. But the principal rejected Coco's application after finding out Coco comes from a single parent family. Maggie was extremely upset.

Paco chanced upon Roy and Maggie entering a restaurant. Paco seemed worred. He called Coco and Coco told him about the failed school application. Paco suspects that Maggie is trying to get back with Roy so as to ensure Coco can get into a good school.

Paco got Maggie out to try to warn her about going back to Roy just so Coco can have a normal family. He even offered himself to act as the father in future school interviews.

Maggie laughed and clarified there was nothing between her and Roy now. Paco explained that he was worried because Maggie always had difficulties handling matters of the heart. Maggie got angry and rebutted that she has ecountered much and had become wiser for it, however, Paco's the one who has difficulties handling love especially commitment. Paco was tongue tied after Maggie correctly read Paco's commitment problems.

After that, Paco went to a bar and lamented to the bar tender he has lost the suaveness he once had. The bar tender recommended Paco go read the book "The Little Prince" as maybe the root of the matter is that Paco has found his rose just like the little prince ie he has fallen in love. Paco sneered at that and decalred he would rather play computer games than read that book.

We then see Paco reading "The Little Prince".

While out shopping for groceries, Paco bumped into Maggie and Coco. Maggie was buying ingredients to make a cake. Maggie says that she heard from Coco that Paco knows how to make great cakes and she wants to try. Coco seized the chance to get Paco to teach Maggie cake making. They went back to Maggie's house. Coco then left Maggie and Paco alone in the house saying she is going to a friend's house to play.

There was the flour on the face lovey dovey moment. And then Maggie went on about how they have all the ingredients for making a cake but it lacks a certain important ingredient to make a great cake ie courage. She was talking in metaphors. Paco frozed for a while then finally told Maggie he loved her. They kiss and made love. Not much dialogue here.

We then see them in bed under blankets without clothes. The alarm clock rang and Maggie realised it's time to send Coco to school. She hastily woke Paco up and threw him his clothes. Then there were more lovey dovey smiles all round. However, Coco was at the door went Paco came out, his clothes still disheveled. Coco declares she doesn't mind that he is sleeping with her mommy but requests that Paco next time finishes wearing his clothes before coming out to the hallway. Paco can only give an embarrassed look and said sorry.

get to see esther again~~~ anyway after watching today's episode, i think that stanley do love kara~

Thanks for the recap. Very sugary, disturbing but sweet. I saw some episodes and I really like the girl who played Coco, very cute.

Anyway the new preview looks set for a very dramatic reunion between the ungrateful husband and the suffering wife.

Just came back from camp for the weekend!

Two questions for Episode 28:

(1) What are Yongheng and Jiale doing in the scene with a HDB flat in the background?

(2) What is Liu Yun doing in Stanley's home with the three kids?

Thanks!

Originally posted by nidive
    Just came back from camp for the weekend!

Two questions for Episode 28:

(1) What are Yongheng and Jiale doing in the scene with a HDB flat in the background?

(2) What is Liu Yun doing in Stanley's home with the three kids?

Thanks!
    Jiale was just swearing off eating potato chips ever again if only Kara comes home. There's a cute scene with a fat schoolmate offering his potato chips to the wavering Jiale just after he made the promise.

Liu Yun's presence was not explained. I supposed he was there just because he was a friend of the family. Later on he will introduce the concept of "念力" to the children. It's mindpower, postive thinking, whatever, some hocus pocus stuff. He'll get the children to think about contacting their mother through their thoughts and sure enough, Kara called at that moment.

"You周刊", Channel U's TV magazine should have a more detailed synopsis. You might want to buy a copy.

Wuchang, do you mind giving a short synopsis of today's and tomorrow's episode? What happened to the husband? Illness? SARS?

Originally posted by Funn Lim
    Wuchang, do you mind giving a short synopsis of today's and tomorrow's episode? What happened to the husband? Illness? SARS?
    It is said to be something akin to SARS. A rare flu like virus. Stanley contracted it from a patient who recently went overseas. Frankie is working franticly to find a cure.

Stanley and family had joined some sort of family day competition. Now, with Stanley hospitalised, they got Paco to take his place. Kara and the rest wanted to win the trophy to give Stanley a morale boost. They won it but Stanley'c condition made a turn for the worst.

Wuchang,

a synopsis of episode 31 please. The husband gravely ill or like the picture suggests, his heart stopped for a while? And what is the invetsment Paco and gang is talking about in ep 30?

Thanks!

Episode 31

Frankie is still trying hard to control Stanley's condition. The patient, who first infected Stanley with the virus, dies.

Tensions rise between the children due to Stanley's condition. Kara wrongly scolds her daughter for something she didn't do. Mother and child has a heart to heart talk.

Yongheng decides to skip music lesson to go to the hospital. Yongheng plays "Secret of the Moon" for Stanley. Kara arrives but is not angered by that.

Frankie proposes using a new drug which has not been clinically tested. Kara agrees. The new drug does not seem to have any effect on Stanley. Frankie feels frustrated. Yongheng consoles him.

Kara took a nap in Stanley's office and had a dream. She dreamt that Jiang Yue was leading Stanley away into the afterlife. She wakes up abuptly to find out that Stanley's condition has worsened.

Stanley's heart suddenly stops. Kara and the children assumes the worst. However, Frankie is able to get Stanley's heart to start beating again. Stanley's condition stabilises.

Pauline has broken up with Liu Yun. Pauline is now with James. (The new guy seen with Pauline in the screencaps).

James is a reckless stock market investor. He manages to drag Pauline into his risky investments. Pauline has since sold off her advertising company to Maggie and used all her money to invest in some timber company in Canada on the advice of James.

There is a massive forest fire in Canada and the stock of the timber company collapses. When Pauline realises she is in deep trouble, she finds out too that James is nowhere to be found.
    Last edited by wuchang; 08-18-04 at 11:01 AM.

Two questions;

1. how come Maggie a struggling single mom suddenly has enough money to buy over an advertising company? Is she already well to do? and

2. Pauline doesn't strike me as someone so careless and so reckless. Wonder how can just gamble away her money and her company on the advice of someone she hardly knows? And how come she broken up with Liu Yun?

Wuchang, do continue with the synopsis with the coming episode.

Thanks!

1. Maggie can always get a loan from the banks...maybe Paco chipped in too.

2. Greed gets the better of her. Remember her westrel dad, prolly runs in the family. James happened to be the one to trigger that sleeping demon of hers.

My speculation.
    MooMoo Cows Can Fly.