Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Power of Love

Last edited by wuchang; 09-26-04 at 12:07 PM.

Funn Lim,

Paco got into a minor traffic accident. He told Coco who told Maggie. However, ever since Roy once tricked her to visit him with a fake illness, Maggie was suspicious and refused to believe Paco was telling the truth.

Later on, she found out Paco didn't lie. So when Coco told her Paco was having a fever, Maggie went to his house to take care of him. She even stayed overnight, sleeping on the couch.

In the morning when Paco woke up Maggie, he confronted her about her feelings for him. Maggie finallly admitted to being attracted to Paco. But, she then laid down her ground rules, ie she is a conservative woman. She holds the view that marriage must come after sex. She asked Paco if he is willing to accept those conditions. Paco did not answer. Maggie then left.

estherrulz,

I just capture it using virtualvcr and my tuner card.
    Last edited by wuchang; 07-29-04 at 11:05 AM.

Wuchang, something is very wrong with this episode. Sex after marriage? But where then did Coco came from? Isn't she a bit how shall I put it, hypocritical?

WAIT! You said Marriage must come after sex? Meaning he must marry her is if he sleeps with her issit? Ok I am not so confused now. Quite correct. After all that first guy didn't marry her.

So what's happening with Kara and gang?
    Last edited by Funn Lim; 07-29-04 at 12:05 PM.
    PointEntertainment @ http://point2e.com [all about Reviews.Comments.Opinions].

Opps forgot about the preview. Here it is,

Episode 18 preview

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...-preview18.jpg
    Last edited by wuchang; 09-26-04 at 12:07 PM.

Right now, Pauline and Liu Yun are finally an item. Though because they are collegues, Pauline wants to keep it a secret for now. Liu Yun is not pleased with that decision.

Pauline is producing Liu Yun's debut album and both of them are unable decide on the main piano piece of it. When Liu Yun played a piece composed by Jiang Yue (Yongheng's mother), upon request by Yongheng, Pauline immediately loved it and wants it to be the main piece.

However, that was the only composition Jiang Yue ever made and it was composed specifically for Stanley. It was their special song. It was titled "Secret of the Moon" (月亮的秘密). The 月 refers to Jiang Yue, and the secret refers to the love between her and Stanley.

Stanley wants Kara to make the decision on whether to use that piece. Kara agreed. But when she sees how deeply that piece affects Stanley, she is going to question how deep an impression Jiang Yue has left in her husband's heart. (this is in the next episode)

Thumbs up Thank you WuChang for all your hardwork!!! :)

Didn't know there is a forum for POL la~ i am a big fan of Esther and currently is a web maintainer of Esther Kwan International Fans Club. Just want to say thanks for your screen caps and everything .. you are great!!!!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://network54.com/Realm/Esther_Kwan/estherkwanbannerv5.gif')

www.estherkwan.com

Welcome all fans to our club and to CHIna fans club:

www.guanyonghe.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~I luv ESTHERKWAN ~

Smile

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://network54.com/Realm/Esther_Kwan/estherkwanbannerv5.gif')
    ~I luv ESTHERKWAN ~

wuchang ~~~~~~i thank you on the behalf of the fans who cannot watch the show~~~

aiyo the stanley cry~~~somemore he wrote the thing about jiang yue make me angry~~~then when stanley had his affair~~~kara was 6 months pregnant~~~that makes me even more angry~~~ what do all of you think~~~pity kaka a lot ~~~ hate stanley ~~~ no offence GUO LIANG FANS~~~

Alright. Who do I have to kill to get my hands on this?

Judging from the screenshots, this seems to finally be a series where I don't have to fast forward the male lead to get a glimpse of Guo Liang because...wait for it... he IS the male lead .

This makes me very happy.

Originally posted by AnalyticChick
    Alright. Who do I have to kill to get my hands on this?

Judging from the screenshots, this seems to finally be a series where I don't have to fast forward the male lead to get a glimpse of Guo Liang because...wait for it... he IS the male lead .

This makes me very happy.
    Yeah but his 'good-guy' character is kind of annoying. ^^;;;

Like, Stanley could push it too far at times. Sometimes he seems to forget that he had done Kara wrong in the first place, and acted like he did not do anything wrong by having an extramarital affair at all. And then blaming Kara for things she had no control over and which were not really her fault. @.@;
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Originally posted by Guo Xiang
    Yeah but his 'good-guy' character is kind of annoying. ^^;;;

Like, Stanley could push it too far at times. Sometimes he seems to forget that he had done Kara wrong in the first place, and acted like he did not do anything wrong by having an extramarital affair at all. And then blaming Kara for things she had no control over and which were not really her fault. @.@;
    ...Probably as I have not actually seen any episodes.

But he looks yummy in the screenshots and is not half bald, so those are two very good things in my book.

i agree with guo xiang~~~

after watching today episode, i have lots of doubtsSsSs~~~

1. does jiang yue stands a greater space in stanley's heart or kara???
    2. does stanley really loves kara???
    3. who do he loves more??? jiang yue or kara???
    4. do he know what he is doing is hurting kara???
    5. does stanley know that he is breaking the family, somehow???
    6. does he still loves jiang yue???
    7. or he loves both???
    i hate this~~~

Last edited by wuchang; 09-26-04 at 12:08 PM.

1. does jiang yue stands a greater space in stanley's heart or kara???

Answer: Jiang Yue had captured Stanley's heart.

2. does stanley really loves kara???

Answer: No.

3. who do he loves more??? jiang yue or kara???

Answer: Jiang Yue is his only love.

4. do he know what he is doing is hurting kara???

Answer: Yes, he does.

5. does stanley know that he is breaking the family, somehow???

Answer: Yes, he does.

6. does he still loves jiang yue???

Answer: Yes, he had always loved Jiang Yue since nine years ago.

7. or he loves both???

His feelings for Kara are more of responsibility and guilt.

But interestingly, perhaps the real reason why Jiang Yue loves Stanley is his sense of responsibility towards his family.

That is why Jiang Yue taught Yongheng that they should never appear in Kara's home, that they have done Kara a great disservice and caused her tremendous harm. That is also why Jiang Yue had never met Stanley again since their three days and three nights of passionate love in Shanghai.

Unfortunately, Jiang Yue had to die, leaving a young Yongheng all alone in this world. Being a compassionate mother, she could not bear to hide the identity of Yongheng's father from her son. She told him everything about his father so that he could come to Singapore to search for him. She even told Yongheng that he should never tell Stanley that she is dying/had died. Perhaps, she just wanted Yongheng and Stanley to recognise themselves as father and son, that's it. She didn't want Yongheng to stay in Singapore. But Stanley upon inadvertently finding the truth about the death of Jiang Yue from Liu Yun's mouth, could not bear to let his illegitimate son be without a kin by his side. And there goes the story...

what makes you think that stanley do not love kara??? just wondering. if he do not love kara but still don't let go of her, tell her the turth, he is too selfish~

If a man could love two women equally, and if you were a woman, would you want to be one of the woman that this man loves?

NO! but we will watch and see the ending~~~

>> NO! but we will watch and see the ending~~~

Actually, if you remember today's episode, Stanley actually talked with Kara about the marriage oath that they took, that they should share each other's happiness and unhappiness with each other.

Unfortunately, it was Stanley who broke that oath. He could share his happiness with Kara, but was unable to share his unhappiness with her.

Stanley once operated a heart surgery on his beloved mentor, but that operation was a failure, and his mentor left this world forever. Striken with guilt and grief, he contemplated suicide on a trip to Shanghai with his colleague Frankie. It was Jiang Yue who consoled him and brought him back to his senses.

My guess on the ending is that Kara did initiate a divorce. But Stanley met with a laboratory mishap that left his life dangling in the air. For whatever reasons, Kara did forgive Stanley and once again, they were a happy family. Unfortunately, Yongheng inherited his mother's incurable hereditary disease and soon died. That left Stanley devastated again. It's Kara's turn to console him now.