Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Power of Love

Last edited by wuchang; 09-26-04 at 11:57 AM.

Thanks for the names and screencaps again. Glad to know they're using real voice though predictably Esther's voice had to be dubbed. Frankly I know very little of the other actors other than Shaun and Esther. From your intro they're all from mediaworks? So far the story sounds typical but nevertheless interesting but the picture looks dreary. Perhaps there may be some happy pictures, you know smiling, happy? I am getting a bit depressed looking at the screencaps!

But more please from the episodes proper! You are the only one who's doing some promo for this forgotten series!
    PointEntertainment @ http://point2e.com [all about Reviews.Comments.Opinions].

Michelle Chia, Apple Hong and Guo Liang have participated in overseas series before.

Michelle Chia is Concubine Wang in The Lady Warriors of the Yang Family.

Apple Hong is Ping An in A Chinese Ghost Story.

Guo Liang is in Book and Sword '02 and Ji Xiang Ru Yi.

Besides Esther Kwan, Sun Li and Cao Weiyu are not from Mediaworks. Sun Li is a Taiwanese (or maybe Chinese?) actress, and Cao Weiyu is a Chinese actor.

Sorry Funn Lim, no screencaps of the episode proper today.

I was not at home and I thought I got it covered by scheduling a program to capture the episode. Well, you know what they say about murphy's law, something went wrong. In addition, I think there was a steamy sex scene between Shaun Chen and Michelle Chia in this episode. Shucks.

So it's another day of just episode previews. However, Channel U has started airing a new trailer that reveals more of what will happen later on in the series. Coming after your comments about how depressing the screencaps are, I'm curious about your reaction after seeing this.

Here they are
    http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/...iler-Blurb.jpg
    http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/...l-Trailer1.jpg

Episode 7 preview.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/...l-Preview7.jpg
    Last edited by wuchang; 09-26-04 at 11:58 AM.

Tragic! Who died or could die? This is like episode 6 right and already somebody is dying?

And I doubt you missed much. First of all there won't be any steamy whatever, though kissing wise maybe. And if this girl is going to have sex with that guy so early into this series so for the rest of the series what will be shown because I don't think there's another female or male character to disturb this relationship right?

Is there a happy moment in this series? Maybe more of Shaun perhaps?

Thanks very much. I think this forum is actually doing some promo for this series thanks to you. By the way the child actors look positively good. true or false? I am sure I can buy this VCD somewhere later!

I think the one on the operating table is Guo Liang. It is a foreshadow of things to come. You can see that Esther's hairstyle is different in the new promotional trailer. It's not the regular "stay tuned for the next episode" preview.

As for Shaun and Michelle, according to the news reports, they are not destined to be together in the end. Shaun will end up with Apple, the single mom. And Michelle will end up with Cao Wei Yu, the pianist with the beard.

The child who plays Guo Liang's illegitimate son can really act. He can hold his own among the more experienced adult actors. Which makes it easy for the audience to empathize with his tragedy, the unwanted child that might break apart a perfect family though it's no fault of his own, he didn't choose to be born.

VCD? you can buy the vcd so soon? woah. That's fast.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/.../pol-ep7-1.jpg

Episode 8 preview

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/...l-preview8.jpg
    Last edited by wuchang; 09-26-04 at 11:59 AM.

Oh wow. Hi everyone in this forum. I'm the rabid Guo Liang fan who dropped off the face of the earth due to her summer internship. However, I think I will chime into this debate by emitting some kind of a squealing noise and then stating that he looks really cute in the screenshots.
    That is all.

Last edited by wuchang; 09-26-04 at 12:00 PM.

You mean Esther's husband will die and she will be left to take care of the illegitimate son as well? Or because he might die she finally accepts the son?

You know by looking at the screencaps before your post, I actually thought Michelle is playing the single mom whilst that Apple is playing some flirtatious woman, because Michelle looks gloomy and burdened and Apple looks way too cheerful. Now that it's the other way around, it seems weird to me.

Anyway thanks for that shaun-filled screencaps. The VCDs aren't out yet but because there is Esther in it, I am sure I'll be able to buy it somewhere later.

So far who do you think is the best story in here since there are so many people?

stop after half hour into 3episode ... don't find it interestin but good effort from mediaworks ..

prefer Child's Hope 2 or Room In My Heart at de 9 pm slot ...

Wink

hi, had to come and take a look here since esther is in this. liked her since her tvb days esp. when she paired up with my all time fav, wong hei in bf1. but it going to take more than her to make me watch singaporean series again. to think i grew up watching (back then it was called) SBC serials instead of TCS, mediaworks, mediacorp or whatever they are called now. aaaahh....those were the days, with original plots, memorable settings. classic songs and definite local flavor.

i think that power of love is very good!

do you mind if i share sll the sceen caps to the esther fans? i am one of them! any of you here is esther fans? can i have all your email address?

No prob estherrulz. Just as long as I'm credited for making them.

Originally posted by Funn Lim
    [B]You mean Esther's husband will die and she will be left to take care of the illegitimate son as well? Or because he might die she finally accepts the son?
    After making screencaps for a few days, I realise they can be quite misleading! Now I don't put too much faith in the perceived message the trailers are trying to say and just enjoy the episodes as they come. Guo Liang might or might not die. From another news report I read, it says that it is Yongheng that eventually dies.

At present, the center stage is occupied by the Esther - Guo Liang - illegitimate child story arc. Esther and Guo Liang have recounciled and Esther has accepted the other son. The focus now shifts onto the children.

Rank by age (character names)
    1) Lin Xinyi (11 years old daughter)
    2) Lin Jiale (9 years old son)
    3) Jiang Yongheng (9 years old son, 6 months younger than Jiale)

Yongheng is the illegitimate son. Esther was shocked when she found out his age. If we do the maths, it would mean Guo Liang had the fling with Sun Li when Esther was 6 months pregnant with Jiale. A detail that makes the wrong Guo Liang did even worst.

Xinyi, being older, could understand somewhat the betrayal her father did to the family and it shows in her attitude now towards her father. Jiale is more pissed that Yongheng did not tell him about the whole thing. And now that Yongheng has moved in with the family, Jiale is starting to feel that his father dotes more on Yongheng than him. Yongheng was very close to his deceased mother, Sun Li and thus Esther feels there is a wall between Yongheng and her.

I'm glad they try tell the story from the children's perspective too. It makes it more real.

Is this Sun Li the same one who starred in Book and Sword 02? Was looking forward to seeing her in some Channel U production again.

okie no pro!!! but will you have the sceen caps of every episodes??? i hope got lah!!!do you know esther???? are you her fans???

estherrulz, that's a cool Esther fansite! You can say I'm a fan of her acting skills! I've enjoyed most of the series she's been in.

Now for Episode 9's screencaps.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/.../pol-ep9-1.jpg
    http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/.../pol-ep9-2.jpg
    http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/.../pol-ep9-3.jpg

Episode 10 preview

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/...-preview10.jpg
    Last edited by wuchang; 09-26-04 at 12:00 PM.

Default -

not a bad series, but dont you think the hongkongese accent is a sharp contrast to the loud bossy singaporean quality used by the singaporean actors? especially the kids. theres a real difference between yong3 heng2 and jiale/xinyi's voice. ah well, i dont suppose that really matters cos yonghengs mum was supposed to be from china or sth? forgive me if im wrong.
    i dint notice the blue tinge to the screen till one of you guys pointed it out... i thought it was my TV screwed up or sth cos it occasionally goes "out of colour", so to speak. or maybe its just some itchy fingers fiddling with the contrast or whatever.
    ll wish*wand ll
    -

Originally posted by Gunner
    Is this Sun Li the same one who starred in Book and Sword 02? Was looking forward to seeing her in some Channel U production again.
    Yep, that's the same Sun Li!

Originally posted by wishwand
    not a bad series, but dont you think the hongkongese accent is a sharp contrast to the loud bossy singaporean quality used by the singaporean actors? especially the kids. theres a real difference between yong3 heng2 and jiale/xinyi's voice. ah well, i dont suppose that really matters cos yonghengs mum was supposed to be from china or sth? forgive me if im wrong.
    i dint notice the blue tinge to the screen till one of you guys pointed it out... i thought it was my TV screwed up or sth cos it occasionally goes "out of colour", so to speak. or maybe its just some itchy fingers fiddling with the contrast or whatever.
    ll wish*wand ll
    Hey there wishwand! Yep, Yongheng's mum was from Shanghai so the contrast is understandable.