Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would happen if GJ and YK switched teachers?

Default What would happen if GJ and YK switched teachers?

In LOCH, QQJ made a bet with the 7 Freaks. QQJ would teach YK and the 7 Freaks would teach GJ. Years later they were supposed to have a duel to determine who was a better teacher, QQJ or 7 Freaks. The story went on as we know it in LOCH.

Now, supposing we switch the teachers, with QQJ to find and teach GJ, and 7 Freaks to teach YK, what would you think will happen? Will it affect the story drastically? YK was considered smart, so would he be able to absorb various teachings of the 7 Freaks much better than GJ?
    Last edited by rabadi; 07-09-04 at 05:39 AM.

Yes, YK would certainly be able to absorb the teachings of the 7 freaks faster and easier. Not only that, GJ will also benefit from the switch because he has only 1 type of martial art (easier to compute) to learn and QQJ will also teach GJ that energy cultivation skill that MY taught GJ.

Guo Jing would progress much faster.

Yang Kang would be stuffed. His mum wasn't the type who could allow her son to go through the strict training of the Freaks.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

u serious no way yk would absloutely master all of the 7 freakds skills but still would getw asted cos 7 freaks kungfu compared to quanchen = crap.

As a martial arts teacher regardless who the student is qqj is better , but the oputcome of the bet actually depeneded more on the students them selve, so i don't think qqj lost in the factor of been a good teacherit's just that yk was not martial arts material.

Gwok Jing would definitely have benefitted from having a more effective martial arts teacher like Yau Chui Gei. Yeung Hong's natural intelligence level and martial arts talent would ensure that he would not have as much difficulty with learning the Gong Nam 7 Freaks' martial arts as Gwok Jing did, but the Freaks had their limitations. I imagine that Yeung Hong might not be satisfied with the Freaks' martial arts, and might have sought out his father's henchmen (i.e. Au Yeung Hak, Leung Tze Yung, Sa Tung Teen, Pang Lin Fu, Ling Tze Seung Yan, etc.) to teach him additional martial arts skills (makes you wonder why he never did, although since he had Mui Chiu Fung as a teacher as well, he probably considered those fighters' skills beneath him).

Switching teacher would resulted in YK be beaten to oblivion on YK vs GJ first fight (MNC's fight-for-a-bride incident). The rest of the future would still pretty much the same. YK wil never catch up with GJ in terms of martial arts no matter who his teacher(s) is/are.

As for GJ, he will still be a Great at the end... as a taoist priest! And when he met HR, it's the tragedy of WCY-LCY reloaded.
    There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot.
    Plato

Does GJ have to be a taoist if QQJ is to be his teacher? YK did not become a taoist, right? Or was it because he was a prince so he got different treatment?

I don't think QZ sect needs all the diciples to be taoist.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    I imagine that Yeung Hong might not be satisfied with the Freaks' martial arts, and might have sought out his father's henchmen (i.e. Au Yeung Hak, Leung Tze Yung, Sa Tung Teen, Pang Lin Fu, Ling Tze Seung Yan, etc.) to teach him additional martial arts skills...
    The 7 Freaks would of never allowed YH and his mother to stay in the Yin's manor. So he would have no access to higher martial artists.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Slightly OT.

Was it stated anywhere in the LOCH/ROCH novels if the 7 disciples of WCY mastered/learnt Xian Tian Gong?

no it died with him.

Originally posted by - L1n -
    no it died with him.
    Yi Deng knew it.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

my opinion is that GJ would be much stronger at least twice as strong when he was with the 7 freak. Ma Yu in mongol only taught him the basic of the internal energy cultivation of QZ, so basic that that he was really couldn't be consider a master to GJ. If QQJ taught him, GJ would have the more advance internal energy cultivation which of course be better.

but could QQJ bear to work with a slow GJ who absorb everything slowly at the beginning? Ma Yu have great progress with GJ because he have great patient (which the 7 freak doesn't really have). GJ also need a lot of explaining be done, so he could understand. But once he got the hang of the it, he would surpass most expectation.

I don't think the choosing of the first masters really mattered at all. What really made GJ the Great that he is is another Great: H7G. It is beyond doubt that H7G made GJ, put in the building blocks for 9Yin and ZBT's crazy kung fu skillz
    Names can be false, but not friends.
    I'm here to be your friend, so why ask me my name?

Yeung Hong seemed to have the potential for martial arts greatness, but he didn't have the fortune to be taught by the best martial arts masters or encounter the highest-level martial arts of his era. All he had was Yau Chui Gei's training and some 9 Yum White Bone Claws from Mui Chiu Fung. Still, it seemed that Yeung Hong *really* underachieved in martial arts considering his latent ability: over a decade of training with Yau Chui Gei and still unable to defeat any of the individual Gong Nam 7 Freaks? I expected him to be better than that.

no, i think YK had less than a decade's worth of training, not to mention he probably didn't train too hard (at least not half as hard as GJ did). I mean, he'll probably dedicate a few hrs a day to training....and thatz about it, and considering this QZ teacher only comes by every so often

Remind me again why did Wanyan Honglie even allow QQJ to become YK's teacher when he knew QQJ almost killed him in the past?

dun think WYHL knew about it

Yeun Nan Hung Lit certainly didn't know about it, but a better question is why Yeung Hong never questioned it. Didn't Yeung Hong find it *slightly* weird that this Cheun Jen Sect Taoist came to his home several times a year to train him in martial arts for no apparent reason, and that his father (i.e. Yeun Nan Hung Lit) knew nothing about it? You'd think that during all those years, Yeung Hong would have mentioned it to Yeun Nan Hung Lit or at least asked about it. All that time that Yau Chui Gei was training him, however, Yeung Hong had *no* idea that he was scheduled to fight another young man named Gwok Jing when they were both 18 years old (and the story about his real father, etc.).

Something doesn't add up here.

That's why I brought up this thread. I think it would be more appropriate if QQJ was to teach GJ and 7 Freaks to teach YK, since after all Wanyan Honglie was impressed with the 7 Freaks. On the other hand, however, 7 Freaks would definitely not like Wanyan Honglie. So I guess there is a flaw in this case as well.