Thread: Insane Fighters In Jy Universe

Default Ranking of Insane Fighters in JY Universe

This is an attempt to compose and rank all the insane (crazy, idiotic, whacky, mentally challenged, mentally disturbed) fighters in Jin Yong universe.

Honestly, my knowledge of JY novels are limited to LOCH, ROCH, HSDS, DGSD, XAJH, Book&Sword, DOMD. So for those who can add more to the list, especially from the less famous novels, please do so !

Here's what Unofficial Ranking of Insane Fighters looks like :

1) West Venom - AYF

A true prodigy with poison skills and utilizing his frog stance. A major villain in LOCH. Surprised the other three original Greats with his shocking application of Reversed 9-Yin, resulting in his insanity.

2) MuRong Fu

One of the great fighters in DGSD, from the South Murong family who's fame only rivaled by the incomparable North Xiao Feng. With his Star Shifting technique and knowledge of bits and pieces of almost every martial arts in existence in DGSD, he's up there. He went crazy after trying so many unsuccesful ways to become an Emperor.

3) Xie Xun

Prior to ZWJ's birth, he always went beserk and lost his mind, whenever he thought about his murdered son and family. (I guess we can put him on this list as well). With Seven Star Fists, Lion Roars, and Dragon Sabre. He's lethal.

4) 6 Fairies of the Peach Valley

6 funny, weird, childish, mentally underdeveloped brothers from the Peach Valley. These guys were the primary cause of LHC's inner energy problem. The 6 faires, when work together in tandem, can rip apart some of the upper-level fighters of XAJH.

5) The Idiot son in DOMD

Son of the couple who seized WXB and company. The idiot kid gave quite a trouble to Emperial palace guards in an attempt to assassinate the Emperor. Even WXB with his amazing eluding skills was having a hard time.

6) Sha Gu

The mentally challenged daughter of East Heretic's student. Knows some basic Peach Blossom techniques. After taught three magnificent moves by East Heretic, she was able to scare LMC away. Unfortunately, other than the three moves, her kungfu is pretty basic.

Ok.. Did I miss anyone ? Someone who knows Secret of Linked Cities, isn't there a crazy guy too there, forgot the name. How about from Flying Fox, OTG, Sword Stained. And i think there's another insane guy in Book & Sword.

Someone please help filling in and adding more to the list.

I was thinking if perhaps DFBB (who thought he is a woman), ZBT (who acts like little kid all the time) could perhaps be considered into this list as well.

Questions ? Comments ? Thoughts ? Ideas ?
    Last edited by Temujin; 07-09-04 at 01:48 PM.

great topic

Originally posted by PJ
    great topic
    I second to that.
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

Default Re: Ranking of Insane Fighters in JY Universe

Originally posted by Temujin
    1) West Venom - AYF

A true prodigy with poison skills and utilizing his frog stance. A major villain in LOCH. Surprised the other three original Greats with his shocking application of Reversed 9-Yin, resulting in his insanity. [/B]
    Only 2 of the original Greats went up against Ouyang Feng when he was insane and using the Reverse 9-Yin.

If you're talking about mentally disturbed people, I'd rank Chen Kun after Xie Xun. The man murdered and raped his student's entire family.

Originally posted by Dirt
    If you're talking about mentally disturbed people, I'd rank Chen Kun after Xie Xun. The man murdered and raped his student's entire family.
    Mentally disturbed? I thought Temu meant CRAZY people.. Chen Kun was competely sane when he did those.

Wasn't Qiu Qian Ren insane?

5) The Idiot son in DOMD
    Was he really that good? I don't doubt his father and mother were good fighters (as they were Yuan Chengzhi's martial art brother and sister under teacher Mu Renqing from Sword Stained in Royal Blood), but I don't remember about the son being a good fighter. A normal, above average fighter perhaps.

BTW, MRF did not go insane until after all his fighting scenes were done, so I don't know if he can be called an insane fighter.

Who's the insane fighter in Book & Sword? I can't remember.

Default Re: Re: Ranking of Insane Fighters in JY Universe

Originally posted by rabadi
    Was he really that good? I don't doubt his father and mother were good fighters (as they were Yuan Chengzhi's martial art brother and sister under teacher Mu Renqing from Sword Stained in Royal Blood), but I don't remember about the son being a good fighter. A normal, above average fighter perhaps.
    Gui Zhong is in fact quite talented for his mental and health state. His father and mother were very good in martial arts (compared the average in DOMD), but had crap personalities. I do think that Gui Zhong is pretty good since most of the people in DOMD were pretty weak.

Anyway, is Zhou Bo Tong mentally challenged? He is definatelly weird and whacky!

Temujin: is the guy in Book and Sword the donkey/*** guy? He is definately whacky.

How about Zhao Qian Sun in DGSD who went nuts after his see mui Tam Po married Tam Gong? He was often trapped in the past.
    Last edited by charbydis; 07-10-04 at 11:35 AM.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

6) Sha Gu

The mentally challenged daughter of East Heretic's student. Knows some basic Peach Blossom techniques. After taught three magnificent moves by East Heretic, she was able to scare LMC away. Unfortunately, other than the three moves, her kungfu is pretty basic.

Although Sha Gu can scare Li Mo Chou in the first place, it was because Li Mo Chou did not notice Sha Gu's real kongfu skill. If she noticed that, she could easily kill Sha Gu. I don't think she is anything good in terms of fighting skills.

Default Re: Re: Re: Ranking of Insane Fighters in JY Universe

Originally posted by charbydis
    Temujin: is the guy in Book and Sword the donkey/*** guy? He is definately whacky.
    Oh, that guy? I don't think he was crazy. More like strange or weird

Default Re: Re: Re: Ranking of Insane Fighters in JY Universe

Gui Zhong is in fact quite talented for his mental and health state. His father and mother were very good in martial arts (compared the average in DOMD), but had crap personalities. I do think that Gui Zhong is pretty good since most of the people in DOMD were pretty weak.
    Indeed, that's why I put him toward the bottom of the list, although Sha Gu, imho, is still the weakest.

Anyway, is Zhou Bo Tong mentally challenged? He is definatelly weird and whacky!
    Is he just too carefree or can he be considered as wacky too ?

I mean the guy just doesn't care about anything else, other than martial arts and act like a little kid throughout LOCH/ROCH.

How about Zhao Qian Sun in DGSD who went nuts after his see mui Tam Po married Tam Gong? He was often trapped in the past.
    Care to elaborate on these two guys.

Default Re: Re: Ranking of Insane Fighters in JY Universe

Originally posted by Thai guy
    Although Sha Gu can scare Li Mo Chou in the first place, it was because Li Mo Chou did not notice Sha Gu's real kongfu skill. If she noticed that, she could easily kill Sha Gu. I don't think she is anything good in terms of fighting skills.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    1) West Venom - AYF

A true prodigy with poison skills and utilizing his frog stance. A major villain in LOCH. Surprised the other three original Greats with his shocking application of Reversed 9-Yin, resulting in his insanity.
    Oh yes, I luurve him in his insane state! Especially his superbly brilliant toad stance (even though he did kill my hubby, tee hee). He set the foundation for YG to become the one and only Great West Passion!