Thread: What if Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor switched upbringings?

Default What if Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor switched upbringings?

Borrowing an idea from rabadi here.

Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor became the men they did largely because of the influences of their early lives. What if Gwok Jing had been the one adopted by Little Dragon Girl and raised to manhood in the Ancient Tomb compound? What if Yeung Gor had been adopted by Genghis Khan and grew up among the Mongol warriors?

I think GJ would probably at least be better than YK even if he switched places with him. His actions such as trying to save TL and his sister from the panther by risking his life was his inborned personaility. Somehow I think YK would still be a bit evil even if they switched places, but should be better.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by superboy
    I think GJ would probably at least be better than YK even if he switched places with him. His actions such as trying to save TL and his sister from the panther by risking his life was his inborned personaility. Somehow I think YK would still be a bit evil even if they switched places, but should be better.
    Wrong comparison, Superboy.

It's Gwok Jing and Yeung *Gor* . . . again.

Hahaha, read too fast.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Well, YG would do well, for sure. May even marry HR, with early blessing of HYS. Clever ppl do go together.

GJ OTOH may not even leave Peach Blossom Island, because he is so dumb that HR will not think that he has any hope of succeding in revenge.

Originally posted by Han Solo
    Clever ppl do go together.
    Not too sure about that, HR after all married GJ who was considered not clever. In the past I tried to engage SPT to XLN (see Will SPT and XLN make a good couple?) with the base idea that "naive people do go together" and the majority think that may not work

Besides, HYS' blessings only will not make HR marry anybody. She after all chose GJ over the more handsome and clever OYK

YG would marry HR w/ or w/o HYS blessing or his six teachers, although HYS would probably like YG.

HR basically liked the first guy who was nice to her as a beggar....so whether YG'd do well with HR or not depends on whether he's nice to her or not.

GJ OTOH may not even leave Peach Blossom Island, because he is so dumb that HR will not think that he has any hope of succeding in revenge.
    haha, yea definitely, lol

The problem in this switching upbringing is that I don't think HR would want to marry YG, as much as I don't think XLN would want to marry GJ

Originally posted by rabadi
    The problem in this switching upbringing is that I don't think HR would want to marry YG, as much as I don't think XLN would want to marry GJ
    YG and HR means : smart guy with a smart girl..

GJ and XLN means : dumb and dumberer

Highly doubt YG can ever marry HR. HR first time appears as an ugly young beggar who playfully tease people around. YG will not be so kind to 'this guy'. Only when YG see HR true face, will he be ultra nice to her. By this time, HR would have smacked him dead for trying to flirt with her.

GJ, doubt he would ever met XLN. He could have been dead for refusing to call AYF dad. If he has the luck to be raised by XLN, then the two would probably never leave the tomb, settling there in content. Boring themself to death.

Either way, the story would not be as interesting as it is. Clever girl + slow guy, smart guy + average girl.
    There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot.
    Plato

Originally posted by SolidSnake
    ...then the two would probably never leave the tomb, settling there in content. Boring themself to death.

That's why initially I had some respect for YG. In the early ROCH I saw he was willing to live forever with XLN in the tomb. Now, being stranded on an island with a beautiful girl is one thing, but living forever inside a tomb... which was *probably* stuffy, most likely dark, rather unhealthy (by normal man's standard of course, not by wuxia)... is definitely another thing altogether.

Originally posted by andrea7974
    GJ and XLN means : dumb and dumberer
    I agree. GJ is a kind of person who cannot think of something outside its context or scope. We can see from his objection to the marriage of XLN and YG, a situation with someone such as HYS did not care. Suppose he is raised by XLN, GJ will not be able to think of anything outside the Ancient Tomb.

I think it has to do with the believes that JY put GJ and YG into. I read an article back then that GJ was based on Confucian, and he did that by defending the country until the end, whereas YG was based on Taoism and he was made to act more freely (correct me if I'm wrong here, I certainly do not know much about Confucian and Taoism ). Perhaps the tradition of the past also has been the main reason. While today it is common for young folks to choose their lifetime partners and disagree with parents, back then it was probably not that common

Even to these days, mostly in Asia, I think some parents still do matchmaking and the children are still expected to obey them. So, can't expect everyone to be like HYS
    Last edited by rabadi; 07-14-04 at 10:11 PM.