Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Unknown Serial? Post in Here for Help ^_^

There was one serie that I would like to find again. I don't think it is too old, probably around 1997-2000 maybe. The cover image use had the main character in uniform with supporting actors surrounding him in chibi form.

The setting is around 1920s or so and it's about a guy named "Phuoc Sanh" meaning "born with luck" He has two brothers and a dad. Since his family was poor, his dad had sold his little brother (the smartest one) to a well-to-do family. Phuoc Sanh wasn't the brightest out of the three (a savant, maybe), but his life was fill with luck and wealth, beginning from the time he saved a rich boy from being slaughter from riots and grew up to be a general.

I think Kathy Chow Hoi Mee (周海媚 | Chau Hai My) was in this serie, taking on a role that look like a native indian? who love Phuoc Sanh's friend (the one he saved)

Phuoc Sanh's friend seem be to Eric Wan, but I might be wrong.

Also, sight memory of the ending was Phuoc Sanh meet his little brother again, but his brother is a fraud (it end up to be someone his real brother meet on the train and told him to send a message to Phuoc Sanh saying "he won't make it" and die due to heart problem)

Anyways, I hope I can get the title of this serie either English or Vietnamese thank you! The Viet title might be something "Thua Tuong" but I can't seem to find anything..

Quote Originally Posted by qtee123 View Post
    There was one serie that I would like to find again. I don't think it is too old, probably around 1997-2000 maybe. The cover image use had the main character in uniform with supporting actors surrounding him in chibi form.

The setting is around 1920s or so and it's about a guy named "Phuoc Sanh" meaning "born with luck" He has two brothers and a dad. Since his family was poor, his dad had sold his little brother (the smartest one) to a well-to-do family. Phuoc Sanh wasn't the brightest out of the three (a savant, maybe), but his life was fill with luck and wealth, beginning from the time he saved a rich boy from being slaughter from riots and grew up to be a general.

I think Kathy Chow Hoi Mee (周海媚 | Chau Hai My) was in this serie, taking on a role that look like a native indian? who love Phuoc Sanh's friend (the one he saved)

Phuoc Sanh's friend seem be to Eric Wan, but I might be wrong.

Also, sight memory of the ending was Phuoc Sanh meet his little brother again, but his brother is a fraud (it end up to be someone his real brother meet on the train and told him to send a message to Phuoc Sanh saying "he won't make it" and die due to heart problem)

Anyways, I hope I can get the title of this serie either English or Vietnamese thank you! The Viet title might be something "Thua Tuong" but I can't seem to find anything..
    The English title is Good Morning! General! I forgot the Vietnamese title though. It stars Francis Ng as Phuoc Sanh. And that girl is actually not Kathy Chow, but someone else. She looks like Kathy though, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    The English title is Good Morning! General! I forgot the Vietnamese title though. It stars Francis Ng as Phuoc Sanh. And that girl is actually not Kathy Chow, but someone else. She looks like Kathy though, that's for sure.
    Thank You!!

-------------------------------------------------
    There's another Serial that I don't remember the title very well. It's was shown on TV one time during the mid-90s to late-90s.

The plot is about this little girl who was raised by her grandmother because her parents died in a house fire I believe. Anyways, one day her grandmother was robbed and during the struggle, she fell and end up losing her memory. As for the granddaughter, she ended up getting kidnapped.

It was a pretty long serie and maybe the cover to the serie has a little girl sitting along the sidewalk with a dog perhaps.. Any info about this serie will be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Please help. I've watched this series many times so I can provide lots of details. Just don't know the name. It stars 李天柱 / Li Tian Zhu and the female lead I don't know her name (can someone help)? It is a story about the girl's son who is going blind and then 李天柱 / Li Tian Zhu's character takes care of them. He runs a noodle shop. It is a Taiwanese series. I want to say that it ran around 1995?

Can someone help me with the series name and the actress that played the female lead?

Default Trying To Find The Name of the Series...

Hey, I was wondering if any of you people know a series with the following description: The actor "Eddy Ko" is a kung fu master and somehow manages to transfer his kung fu to his student. And that very student tries to learn the more advance levels of the kung fu that "Eddy Ko" gave him through the book "eddy ko" gave him. Eventually the solution to the answer lied in a leaf which had little squares cut out and acted as a sort of stencil to reveal exactly which parts he had to read. Oh, and I think I recall there being a woman with white hair in this series.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but I simply can't for the life of me, remember what the series is called. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, the title you're looking for is Mythical Crane Magical Needle.

The female character you mentioned played as Siew Tip. She later became poisoned, which causes her to age faster whenever she get exposed to direct sunlight.
    Have you learned to love one another?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum View Post
    Hi, the title you're looking for is Mythical Crane Magical Needle.

The female character you mentioned played as Siew Tip. She later became poisoned, which causes her to age faster whenever she get exposed to direct sunlight.
    Yeah. I thought the story sounded familiar. I had a strong sense that it was a ATV series.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Default Thanks a million

Yo, thanks a lot , "Bubblegum", I had the hardest time trying to figure out the title of the series. Thanks a billion!!!

Ok, so does anybody know where I can watch the cantonese version of this series online? Or even willing to offer up their copy for a price?
    Last edited by lovechinesemovies; 09-03-08 at 09:18 PM.

You're welcome. I'm glad I can help.

Question DESPERATELY seeking info on old TV series

Hi! I hope somebody here can help me because I can't remember enough about the series to know what it's called, or who is in it. I just know it was early/mid nineties.

The story centered around two young girls about 10 years of age (in the beginning), one poor (who sold flowers) and one rich. They meet and the rich family takes the poor girl into their home after her mother dies. They separate when the rich one moves to the States, and in a ***10 YEARS LATER*** kinda deal, the two reunite (the rich one sees the poor one singing on the street with a wig)

The only character name I know is the poor woman, Chiu Tong (Qiu Tong, Cheeyew Toung)...don't know how to spell it.

*SPOILER WARNING*
    Eventually, the rich one gets married to an abusive rich man (and her father dies during this union) who she eventually murders and I think goes to jail briefly. The poor one gets with her boyfriend and they become fairly wealthy after building houses or something. Eventually the rich one ends up with the poor one's man and dies of cancer.

One subplot of the storyline is that a rich b*tch who is jealous of the poor woman makes chickens die on the poor woman's uncle's farm, so he commits suicide.

The last scene I believe is a kite-flying scene.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS AT ALL!!?? EVEN JUST ONE OF THE ACTOR'S NAMES?!
    it would be GREATLY appreciated!

Hi! I hope somebody here can help me because I can't remember enough about the series to know what it's called, or who is in it. I just know it was early/mid nineties.

The story centered around two young girls about 10 years of age (in the beginning), one poor (who sold flowers) and one rich. They meet and the rich family takes the poor girl into their home after her mother dies. They separate when the rich one moves to the States, and in a ***10 YEARS LATER*** kinda deal, the two reunite (the rich one sees the poor one singing on the street with a wig)

The only character name I know is the poor woman, Chiu Tong (Qiu Tong, Cheeyew Toung)...don't know how to spell it.

*SPOILER WARNING*
    Eventually, the rich one gets married to an abusive rich man (and her father dies during this union) who she eventually murders and I think goes to jail briefly. The poor one gets with her boyfriend and they become fairly wealthy after building houses or something. Eventually the rich one ends up with the poor one's man and dies of cancer.

One subplot of the storyline is that a rich b*tch who is jealous of the poor woman makes chickens die on the poor woman's uncle's farm, so he commits suicide.

hi guys,

I really like to know what costumes series I watched in my childhood. Some hints :

the production must coming from the 1980s TVB (or ATV?) golden era.

first series :

easy one. the story about RED Sword and BLUE saber. the RED one considered a good and BLUE considered evil. the story somewhere begin when a two swordmasters trap in a remote place and duelling each other, one day one of the swordman discover a BLUE material a forge a saber and defeat the other one. that's all the important story i can remember.

second series :

the only hint I know is the protagonist is a WOMAN. she nickname is GOLDEN SWAN and in Indonesia the series nickname a GOLDEN SWAN. the landscape setting is very 'interior' feel with lots of smoke around.

anyone can help and post a link for me to verify , thanks.

Here goes AGAIN

*SPOILER WARNING*

Default Need help identifying Ancient Chinese TV Series

It was an old kung-fu TV series starring Norman Chiu Siu Keung, Cecilia Wong, Sek Sau, and Stephen Wai Tung. I don't know whether it was from TVB, ATV, Taiwanese TV, etc. Norman Keung played a character named Wai Ming Yuen. If I remember correctly, in the beginning of the show, a kung-fu tournament was hosted by Sek Sau. Also in this show, Stephen Tung was jealous of Norman Keung because Stephen fell in love with a woman, but she loved Norman instead of Stephen. I am not familiar with the rest of the cast because they were Taiwanese actors? If anyone knows the title of this show, please let me know! Thanks in advance.

Default Help on figuring out a series!

Ok, so I was taking a trip back to memory lane and there is this one movie that always pops into my mind. Anyways, I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. Anyways, I'm going to give as much as I can of the movie. There's a fight involving the use of a cactus and basically as the enemies were defeated and as they fall, this guy just sticks a cactus out and the guy sits on it. Then there's a scene between a chinese guy and a chinese girl fighting some black guy and as the two are communicating in cantonese, they could not figure out how the black guy is fighting so well. As the fight progressed, it turned out, the black guy knows how to speak cantonese. So the two chinese people begin to speak mandarine and that basically finshes the black guy off.

Anyways, that's all I remember...Hope you can help me out here.

Hm...Setting? Location/time period?
    Do you recognize any of the actors in this series/movie?

Whatever details you can muster out can help people help you.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I'm almost certain that Jacky Cheung was in it. And there was this guy "Charlie Cho" and this scene where he's fighting and midway during the fight he assumes the "snake" stance and puts his glasses on his hand and says "cobra" in Chinese which is literally "glasses snake". By the way, I'm pretty sure the movie was in the 80's, perhaps early 90's. Anyways, I hope this information helps.
    Last edited by lovechinesemovies; 02-03-09 at 01:47 PM.

I don't think this was a Taiwanese series. This sounds like Heroes from Shaolin, but Norman was not in there. Are you sure it was Norman? I don't think Norman was in any Taiwanese series ever. He mainly acted for ATV back then while the rest mainly acted for TVB. I am guessing you have mistakened Norman for another actor.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

It sounds like it's "The Young Heroes Of Shaolin" starring Micheal Miu Kiu Wai, Tung Wai, Sek Sau et al. I've just checked online.

Norman did play in some Taiwanese series such as XAJH 2000, but he usually acts for ATV.

Default Help to figure out old chinese movie

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out the title of a movie that I saw in my childhood. So the following is a description of the movie in question:

There's a fight involving the use of a cactus and basically as the enemies were defeated and as they fall, this guy just sticks a cactus out and the guy sits on it. Then there's a scene between a chinese guy and a chinese girl fighting some black guy and as the two are communicating in cantonese, they could not figure out how the black guy is fighting so well. As the fight progressed, it turned out, the black guy knows how to speak cantonese. So the two chinese people begin to speak mandarine and that basically finshes the black guy off.

I'm almost certain that Jacky Cheung was in it. And there was this guy "Charlie Cho" and this scene where he's fighting and midway during the fight he assumes the "snake" stance and puts his glasses on his hand and says "cobra" in Chinese which is literally "glasses snake". By the way, I'm pretty sure the movie was in the 80's, perhaps early 90's. Anyways, I hope this information helps.

Anyways, any help would be appreciated!