Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Unknown Serial? Post in Here for Help ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum View Post
    It sounds like it's "The Young Heroes Of Shaolin" starring Micheal Miu Kiu Wai, Tung Wai, Sek Sau et al. I've just checked online.

Norman did play in some Taiwanese series such as XAJH 2000, but he usually acts for ATV.
    I know that Norman does act for China and other companies, but that is more recently. Back in the 70s and 80s, he mainly acted for ATV only. Thanks for letting me know he was in XAJH 2000. It really sounds like Young Heroes from Shaolin. I think he mistakened someone else for Norman.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I couldn't see Norman's name in the cast, so yes he might have mistaken someone else for Norman.

Zanac, I found the opening if it helps you identify the series?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNvUsTs2rvo

I recall watching this when I was little but I don't remember anything else or the title.
    Have you learned to love one another?

I am positive it's not Young Heroes of Shaolin. I watched it on TV a long time ago. All of the cast I mentioned were in the show. Unfortunately, I don't know the english title (if there was one). If I remembered correctly, the Chinese title for the show, if pronounced in English, was "Gong Wu..." or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanac View Post
    I am positive it's not Young Heroes of Shaolin. I watched it on TV a long time ago. All of the cast I mentioned were in the show. Unfortunately, I don't know the english title (if there was one). If I remembered correctly, the Chinese title for the show, if pronounced in English, was "Gong Wu..." or something like that.
    Do you have the Chinese title in Chinese characters then?? I may have seen it. I have seen many many series back then so I may know it if you can give me more info about it. What else do you know about it?? Are you sure it was a Taiwanese series???
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Is this a movie or a series???

as mentioned in my description, it's a movie

I can't tell you anything more about the title. The majority of the show was spoken in Cantonese. Strangely, in one of the episodes, the characters were speaking in another language, possibly in Mandarin (but I'm not 100% sure). I think the TV station showed it in another dialect by mistake. Besides the main cast, the other actors were not from Hong Kong because they didn't look familiar to me. The opening theme song was sung by a man and a woman and it was in Cantonese.
    Last edited by Zanac; 02-08-09 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Condensed the message

I've been looking for the series Royal Die Hard (starring Gallen Lo and Shui Ling) for a long time. However, there is absolutely no website or anything on it. If anyone knows what the title is in Vietnamese or where I can purchase it in Vietnamese, please help. Thanks.
    Beauty is not in the face;
    beauty is a light in the heart.

-It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by myblueheaven View Post
    wow no one has posted here in a while, so hopefully there are some curious souls that still visit this thread.

I have this one series I've been trying to remember the name of...I know it's either TVB or ATV, I'm leaning more towards ATV...I remember watching it in the late 80s. But all I remember was it was mostly about this girl that turned into a phoenix (or some kinda bird) whenever she got hot. And she would always fly to a spring to cool down, where she would turn back into a human. It was a costume ancient series drama......sound familiar to anyone???
    Sounds like the Taiwanese show: "Phoenix the Myth" starring Michael Miu Kiu Wai. I know the viet title is "Phung Hoang Than Nu" http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c...2040_246995634

Btw, can someone help me locate a very old series (possibly from 80's or early 90s). I think it was made in Taiwan, but I'm not sure. It's a wuxia series where good vs. evil. There are 4 central characters w/ four swords. Two girls and two guys. One of the guy and one of the girl is bro and sis. Also, one girl and the other guy likes each other. The four swords have very distinctive names that I vaguely recall in viet: heaven X* (thien X*), earth X* (dia X*), Sun Moon (Nhat Nguyet), and befalling demons (X* Ma). "Sun Moon" was very heavy and the guy that owns it loses an arm later on in the series. The guy that owns "Befalling demons" almost turned evil due to the evil aura of the sword. The "Sun Moon" guy died in the end (I think) in order to defeat the evil person. What I distinctively recall is very strong make-up for the villians (and maybe the main character as well) which was very reflective of early Taiwanese wuxia dramas.

(The X* means that I don't recall what it was or that I don't know how to spell it; lol)
    Last edited by MysticDust; 02-09-09 at 01:21 PM.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    Sounds like the Taiwanese show: "Phoenix the Myth" starring Michael Miu Kiu Wai. I know the viet title is "Phung Hoang Than Nu" http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c...2040_246995634

Btw, can someone help me locate a very old series (possibly from 80's or early 90s). I think it was made in Taiwan, but I'm not sure. It's a wuxia series where good vs. evil. There are 4 central characters w/ four swords. Two girls and two guys. One of the guy and one of the girl is bro and sis. Also, one girl and the other guy likes each other. The four swords have very distinctive names that I vaguely recall in viet: heaven X* (thien X*), earth X* (dia X*), Sun Moon (Nhat Nguyet), and befalling demons (X* Ma). "Sun Moon" was very heavy and the guy that owns it loses an arm later on in the series. The guy that owns "Befalling demons" almost turned evil due to the evil aura of the sword. The "Sun Moon" guy died in the end (I think) in order to defeat the evil person. What I distinctively recall is very strong make-up for the villians (and maybe the main character as well) which was very reflective of early Taiwanese wuxia dramas.

(The X* means that I don't recall what it was or that I don't know how to spell it; lol)
    This series sound familar. It sounds sort of the like the series Vo Dich Than Tien which was a Taiwanese series made in the late 80s or early 90s. I remember the evil villian lady had really heavy make up. The stars were all Taiwanese so I don't remember their names. I remember that the main character was a god from heaven and was reincarnated into a King. Then he died and then reincarnated again. He had a sword and a shield as his main weapon. Ok, maybe this isn't the series but I tried...

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    This series sound familar. It sounds sort of the like the series Vo Dich Than Tien which was a Taiwanese series made in the late 80s or early 90s. I remember the evil villian lady had really heavy make up. The stars were all Taiwanese so I don't remember their names. I remember that the main character was a god from heaven and was reincarnated into a King. Then he died and then reincarnated again. He had a sword and a shield as his main weapon. Ok, maybe this isn't the series but I tried...
    I'm not sure if it's that series or not as I cannot find anything on Vo Dich Than Tien. But i don't recall there was reincarnation involved in the show. I do know that the guy w/ the sun moon sword usu. wear a white outfit w/ some red trims or something like that and the one w/ the demon sword tend to wear black a lot. I recall liking the demon sword guy b/c he was more angsty (his master or adopted father or someone like that was using him) whereas the other guy was too righteous (I think he grew up in a rich family). I don't think he uses a shield as he lost an arm later on.

The things I recall about the swords are that the sun moon sword is very heavy and only the one-armed guy can carry it. The demon sword is black or red or both and is retractable.

If I recall correctly, everyone wanted to obtain the swords b/c they possess great power.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

I'm not sure if it's that series or not as I cannot find anything on Vo Dich Than Tien. But i don't recall there was reincarnation involved in the show. I do know that the guy w/ the sun moon sword usu. wear a white outfit w/ some red trims or something like that and the one w/ the demon sword tend to wear black a lot. I recall liking the demon sword guy b/c he was more angsty (his master or adopted father or someone like that was using him) whereas the other guy was too righteous (I think he grew up in a rich family). I don't think he uses a shield as he lost an arm later on.

The things I recall about the swords are that the sun moon sword is very heavy and only the one-armed guy can carry it. The demon sword is black or red or both and is retractable.

If I recall correctly, everyone wanted to obtain the swords b/c they possess great power.
    Ok, I guess it isn't Vo Dich Than Tien. Reincarnation was a very minor trait to that series. I don't remember 2 main guys. In Vo Dich Than Tien, there was only one main guy. His name was Zi Wei/TU Vi and they called him Tu Vi Tinh Quan. Sorry I couldn't help you... I hope someone else can.I think I might have seen this one but don't remember...

Default I help for the name of this series

I remember when I was small, I've watched of this series but I can't remember it title.All I remember is the story.

It is about a woman who helped her husband to sent a package to a house. That time, it having a birthday party. The woman gives the package to the man. Then the house suddenly bomb. Fastforward, few years later, the woman already forget her past and start a new life and having a career but still feels guilty. One day, she meets back a man who looks excatly the man who house being bombed. At first, she thought it was the same man but slowly realizes it wasn't and fall in love with the man and the man also loves her and the start a relationship. What she didn't realizes is her boyfriend is the twin brother of the man who housed being bombed.

That all i can remember. I'll very glad if anyone can tell me the title.

Sorry but that is not enough info for me. I am usually pretty good with old shows since I have seen a lot, but I guess I can't help you without more info. I hope that someone else will be able to...

Wait... Maybe it is Linh Son Than Tien??? That sounds more accurate but then again maybe I am wrong again... Do you know anything else about this series???

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Wait... Maybe it is Linh Son Than Tien??? That sounds more accurate but then again maybe I am wrong again... Do you know anything else about this series???
    I don't think it's "Linh Son Than Tien" b/c I am pretty sure I have never seen it before. I googled it and found an opening theme and it doesn't ring a bell at all. But honestly, you gotta love the old Taiwanese stuff. The b/g, cg, props, etc. are so fake, but yet it's so very amusing to watch none-the-less. lol

I honestly cannot recall too much of the show b/c I was really young when I last watched it. I remember really liking it. The only scene I recall is that the demon sword guy was wearing black and holding the hilt of the demon sword (I think it was black) and suddenly a red blade appears. Prior, no one could figure it out. I think that was my fave scene b/c it left such a deep impression

I don't think it's "Linh Son Than Tien" b/c I am pretty sure I have never seen it before. I googled it and found an opening theme and it doesn't ring a bell at all. But honestly, you gotta love the old Taiwanese stuff. The b/g, cg, props, etc. are so fake, but yet it's so very amusing to watch none-the-less. lol

I honestly cannot recall too much of the show b/c I was really young when I last watched it. I remember really liking it. The only scene I recall is that the demon sword guy was wearing black and holding the hilt of the demon sword (I think it was black) and suddenly a red blade appears. Prior, no one could figure it out. I think that was my fave scene b/c it left such a deep impression
    I guess I can't help you if you don't know more about the series. I have seen a lot of series from TVB and Taiwan back then so I am usually good at figuring out series for people. However, most of the time the info is not sufficient enough... Sorry and I hope that someone else can help you...

Thanks trinie for trying. It's okay. The title had eluded me for quite a while; I can live w/ it for a while longer. Thanks again for all your help.

Thanks trinie for trying. It's okay. The title had eluded me for quite a while; I can live w/ it for a while longer. Thanks again for all your help.
    You are welcome and very sorry that I couldn't help you. I am usually really good at this kind of stuff.... Good luck and hopefully someone will have your answer based on the info that you have provided.

Can anyone help me ID an old martial arts series? I'm not sure if it's from TVB or ATV but it was from before the costuming turned all flashy. I watched it back in 95-96 but the long conservative gowns makes me think it's older than that.

Let's see. I don't remember much of the plot but it was kind of bloody. I remember body parts being cut off because there was a lot of spikey traps and mazes in there. The most vivid scene I remember was this chamber where the heroes were trying to rescue this girl who doesn't know any martial arts. They find her and bring her out of this maze-like chamber that was spewing poison gases everywhere.

So they're now in a safer room when one of the characters grab the girl's hands and stares intently at them. And he yells to his comrades that they got the wrong girl because the girl they want to rescue is an expert zither player and doesn't know martial arts. The girl they've just rescued had the rough short nails of a martial arts artist. They take a closer look at her face and suddenly peeled off a layer of fake skin. Something happened then and the heroes got really really angry and then I remembered an arm got chopped off and went flying. But I got too scared and stopped watching. >.<

Um, so if anybody can help me with the title of the series and maybe even let me know what happened in the story, that would be great. Thanks!

Oh, and if it helps a bit, I think I remember a tower in the opening video. It's so vague now. And I think they used more sets than actual natural background.
    Last edited by Sarafina; 02-19-09 at 09:22 PM.