Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Unknown Serial? Post in Here for Help ^_^

Anybody got anything yet?!?!?

Default Unknown Series - Please Help

I'm searching for info on a couple of old series I watched while I was a kid and was wondering if anybody can help.

Series #1 (from sticky thread above)
    Can anyone help me ID an old martial arts series? I'm not sure if it's from TVB or ATV but it was from before the costuming turned all flashy. I watched it back in 95-96 but the long conservative gowns makes me think it's older than that.

Let's see. I don't remember much of the plot but it was kind of bloody. I remember body parts being cut off because there was a lot of spikey traps and mazes in there. The most vivid scene I remember was this chamber where the heroes were trying to rescue this girl who doesn't know any martial arts. They find her and bring her out of this maze-like chamber that was spewing poison gases everywhere.

So they're now in a safer room when one of the characters grab the girl's hands and stares intently at them. And he yells to his comrades that they got the wrong girl because the girl they want to rescue is an expert zither player and doesn't know martial arts. The girl they've just rescued had the rough short nails of a martial arts artist. They take a closer look at her face and suddenly peeled off a layer of fake skin. Something happened then and the heroes got really really angry and then I remembered an arm got chopped off and went flying. But I got too scared and stopped watching. >.<

Um, so if anybody can help me with the title of the series and maybe even let me know what happened in the story, that would be great. Thanks!

Oh, and if it helps a bit, I think I remember a tower in the opening video. It's so vague now. And I think they used more sets than actual natural background.

Series #2
    I'm searching for photos and info on an old Taiwanese Demi-God Semi Devil adaptation. I think it was done in the early 90's or maybe late 80's. The title might not be exactly Tian Long Ba Bu but it used the same characters like Duan Yu, Wang Yu Yan, Tian Shan Tong Lao, etc. I just remember that the storyline was changed a lot but it was definitely from Taiwan.

Series #3
    I'm searching for the opening video for the Taiwanese series Ba Wang Hua (霸王花) with Moon Lee. It's sung by Andy Lau, I think. I love this series so much as a kid and I remember it had a lot of the original Justice Bao actors and actresses in it. But it's so hard to find info on this series because of a more popular series by the same name that came out around that time. T.T

Thank you so much in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarafina View Post

Series #2
    I'm searching for photos and info on an old Taiwanese Demi-God Semi Devil adaptation. I think it was done in the early 90's or maybe late 80's. The title might not be exactly Tian Long Ba Bu but it used the same characters like Duan Yu, Wang Yu Yan, Tian Shan Tong Lao, etc. I just remember that the storyline was changed a lot but it was definitely from Taiwan.
    It's made in 1991.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.phimbohongkongdvd.com/images/phimbo/NhatDuongChi24.jpg')

Here's more pictures: http://myangelgarden.net/jinyong/dra...1-twphotos.htm
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Thank you so much! That's one series down.
    I remember when I first watched this series I liked the theme music so much that I recorded it over and over again on a cassette recorder. Drove my parents crazy because the song would come on like 10 times in a row (I hate rewinding).

The costumes remind me a bit of Idy Chan's version of LoCH. I never noticed that before.

I kinda laughed a bit when I saw the cover of the Taiwanese version of DGSD. More than half of the things displayed there was not part of the show. The only thing about that image that was part of the show was the black and white lady and the mini black and white pictures that surround her. The image on the top right, bottom right and bottom left had nothing to do with the show whatsoever.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

I think that girl in black & white is really wearing purple if it's in color. That's Li Chui Shui, I believe. I kinda have a vague impression of her flying around in the woods in the theme song and having a larger role in here than in other adaptations.

I think that girl in black & white is really wearing purple if it's in color. That's Li Chui Shui, I believe. I kinda have a vague impression of her flying around in the woods in the theme song and having a larger role in here than in other adaptations.
    Here's the opening video clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sopJKb17te4

Some of the actresses played different roles. Eddie Kwan's Duan Yu was a merge of Duan Yu and Xu Zhu.

I think they didn't have many actresses to act.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Here's the opening video clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sopJKb17te4

Some of the actresses played different roles. Eddie Kwan's Duan Yu was a merge of Duan Yu and Xu Zhu.

I think they didn't have many actresses to act.
    I have the show and watch it reguarly since it's my fave DGSD adaption; yes, they merged Duan Yu and Xu Zhu, which was better in my opinion b/c as separate characters, they are both very unlikable, but together, they were good. There was much more explanation and motivation and lovable scenes. Those who love novel loyalty would be so very disgusted when watching this, but as I'm not one of them, I am quite happy w/ this version.

In my opinion, Austin is the best Qiao/Xiao Feng.

They made Li Qiu Shui (I think that's her name; viet is Ly Thu Thuy) very likable. She's my favorite character in here.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    I have the show and watch it reguarly since it's my fave DGSD adaption; yes, they merged Duan Yu and Xu Zhu, which was better in my opinion b/c as separate characters, they are both very unlikable, but together, they were good. There was much more explanation and motivation and lovable scenes. Those who love novel loyalty would be so very disgusted when watching this, but as I'm not one of them, I am quite happy w/ this version.

In my opinion, Austin is the best Qiao/Xiao Feng.

They made Li Qiu Shui (I think that's her name; viet is Ly Thu Thuy) very likable. She's my favorite character in here.
    The problem with merging Xu Zhu with Duan Yu is that, what do they do with Ye Er Niang, Xu Zhu's mother? It turns out they made Ye Er Niang to become MuRong Fu's mother. And it just seems so weird.

Mystic, this was the very first DGSD adaptation I watched and, boy was I confused with all these merging and changes of the character's relation that I was confused for the most part of the series. I think TVB's 1996 adaptation did a better job at presenting the story in a intriguing way with twists and stuff that I enjoyed and stuff made sense.

Ah Zhu's character was different in the Taiwanese version. They made Ah Zhu and Ah Zi's character seem like twins but they're not. I still like Rain Lau as Ah Zi, she portrayed the character very well. I didn't like her wickedness but she did very good job. And Suet Li's Madame Ma was perfect. I didn't even know what the deal was with Qiao Feng's past when I watched the Taiwanese version. Madame Ma in that one didn't really have much effect so I guess it took out the intensity of Qiao Feng's story. I think they had some more focus on Eddie's Duan Yu/Xu Zhu.

Thank you for the clip! ^_^
    I kind of remember certain scenes now. I can't believe I'd forgotten how lovely Ah Zhu was. She looks so pretty in pink! I think that last scene of her flying was her rushing to save Xiao Fong? Hehe, I'm so excited now.

But was there another version of the opening? I do kind of remember Li Qui Shui flying around, as bizarre as that sounds.

Man, I want to watch this series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbMd5Kdq98A

It's on the story of Wang Zhao Jun, I think she was one of Chinese four beauties? It's acted by the same actress who played Wang Yu Yan/Li Qiu Shui.

I like the theme song of this series too, reminds me much of the Wu Ze Tian theme song too.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 02-25-09 at 01:45 PM.

^^ brings back memories! I remember that serial from my tvb/atv rental days.

ok i'm looking for one serial. it's a modern drama taking place in the 1900s. i don't know if its made by tvb, atv or china. I saw it in the 90's (or late 80's).

The series takes place in mainland China but the main character eventually goes to Taiwan. All i remember is that the main character loves this girl. Somehow those 2 split apart but the main character eventually goes to Taiwan and finds her. He cuts off his finger to get her back to him but she is already with someone else. Also I remember that the main character always get into trouble with the law or government. The very last scene of the series has the main character escaping from them.

Anyone have any clue what the name of this series is???

Series #3
    I'm searching for the opening video for the Taiwanese series Ba Wang Hua (霸王花) with Moon Lee. It's sung by Andy Lau, I think. I love this series so much as a kid and I remember it had a lot of the original Justice Bao actors and actresses in it. But it's so hard to find info on this series because of a more popular series by the same name that came out around that time. T.T
    I'm so excited because I finally found the themes from Tudou! Here they are if anybody's interested.

Opening: Andy Lau - Ni Shi Wo De Wen Rou
    霸王花1992 Opening

Ending: Nicky Wu - Shi Zhi Lu Ko
    霸王花 1992 Ending

What's the English title of this series?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cug31dZJwb4

It seems like a good series. Has anyone watched this before?

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    What's the English title of this series?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cug31dZJwb4

It seems like a good series. Has anyone watched this before?
    It's Fate of the Clairvoyant
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

Default police / detective show?

hi, i'm really hoping someone can help me. i remember watching this police / detective show with my grandmother when i was really young (in the 90s), and while i don't remember exactly what the full plot was about, one that did stick out in my mind was a subplot involving a love triangle between this guy who was a cop, his girlfriend, and his adopted sister. and i think it was the adopted sister liking him, and him slowly realizing that he had feelings for his adopted sister, but he was trapped because he didn't want to betray his girlfriend and he thought it was wrong for him to have feeling for his adopted sister.

does that sound familar to anyone? i'm sorry i can't be any more specific then that, that's all i remember of it really!

Quote Originally Posted by dystopic View Post
    hi, i'm really hoping someone can help me. i remember watching this police / detective show with my grandmother when i was really young (in the 90s), and while i don't remember exactly what the full plot was about, one that did stick out in my mind was a subplot involving a love triangle between this guy who was a cop, his girlfriend, and his adopted sister. and i think it was the adopted sister liking him, and him slowly realizing that he had feelings for his adopted sister, but he was trapped because he didn't want to betray his girlfriend and he thought it was wrong for him to have feeling for his adopted sister.

does that sound familar to anyone? i'm sorry i can't be any more specific then that, that's all i remember of it really!
    This sounds like Detective Investigation Files III. The love triangle you are describing is probably the one involving the characters played by Joey Leung, Margaret Chung (the "sister", actually more like cousin of some sort... can't quite remember... actually has no blood relation, they find out later), and Winnie Yeung (the girlfriend). Joey Leung's character is actually not the main lead in this show.

Theme song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ydr83nsXB0
    0:15 to 0:16 shows all 3 of them. L to R: Winnie Yeung, Joey Leung, Margaret Chung

Hopefully it's the one you're looking for. Good luck.
    Last edited by Hoju!; 05-08-09 at 08:51 PM.

that's it! oh wow, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by creidesca View Post
    It's Fate of the Clairvoyant
    Thanks! I guess this series came out during the period where I watched very little of modern dramas.

Now can somebody tell me if this video is from a series or just a music video?

Alvina Kong - Yue Yuan Hua Hao ft. Eddie Cheung
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th9jR8C2eVY

On a related note, Alvina was in more TVB serials than I know of.

Alvina Kong and Liu Kai Chi in 龙凤情长 - He Who Knows Too Much
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccNS6lHbebk

I kind of want to see it.

Hi, I'm looking for the title of an old martial arts serial around 1980. It lasted probably 50+ episodes. The only actor I remember is Bill Tung. The final fight had all the heroes gang up against this rotund, albino eunuch (gung gung) possessing powerful skills.

In one spectacular scene during the final fight, this young girl continuously pierced her spear at the eunuch's neck, but he avoided all the thrusts by moving his head in a circular motion. I love old school kung fu!