Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Unknown Serial? Post in Here for Help ^_^

Default Need help on this series.

Does anyone know what the name of this series called?
    I have took pics of a few characters from this series. If anyone can recognize what series it's called.
    Thanks!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/94/l_8705b35476b349c0ae0ecef1bf76467c.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/66/l_869f4ed054a04b54a2204c2e80dd0cc6.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/85/l_1bb41ca8f52a4600a001623eb8169a92.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/72/l_3bb2197112864afc8c835d1a563bab6a.jpg')

Default Reincarnation Movie

This is probably an old movie, but I really want to watch it again and is hoping that maybe another person know the title to it, chinese, english, viet title are okay, I just need some hint.

Synopsis of the movie
    :
    - The main character is a girl and she have been having dreams about her past lives (two past lives)
    - In each of the past lives, she has a lover and they both really love each other but there is another guy that loves her as well.
    - The second guy, due to jealousy kills her lover in both the past lives.

The first past life: The second guy is a general and her lover maybe a soldier. He kills the lover in front of her eyes. She kills him and then commit suicide. (This is during ancient times of war)

The second past life: set in probably the early 1930s or so. The same results happened.

The present life: The main character's boyfriend has the same face as her previous lover, but for some reason she feels attracted to a photographer who looks like the "second guy" that ruins her relationship. Though she feels the attraction, she tries to distance herself until she meets a blind man who once work for her family in her previous life. He told her that she was the girl and the photographer was her lover.

In the end, she finds out that her current boyfriend was actually the "second guy" and he wanted to change his fate by switching with her lover's face and meeting with her before her real lover appear in this present life. But no matter the changes, she still falls for the other guy ~

This is probably a Hong Kong movie, but I'm not so sure. The summary sounds similar to Dream Lovers and The Gingko Bed, but it's not the same movie.

Please help me find this lovely movie again! Thank You!~

I do not want to reply to who, who can tell me what country this is the forum. [COLOR=#000]Sorry, I am a Chinese, and use Google translation to this. [/COLOR]Best to send e-mail station, and I could not find this post, and finally forgive Google translation, I think the translation is accurate. But please forgive it now, after all, is a program or something

I am looking for an old series in the 1990s that my mom use to watch. First of all, this might not be a TVB series, I'm not sure, but I remember seeing the TVB logo all the time as a kid. It was about a young monk boy on a search for his mother. There were some love stories that involved a princess or prince(?) and another couple, but both couples broke up. Later on, one part of each couple started falling in love with the other (confusing, easier way is boyfriend of couple #1 fell in love with girlfriend of #2, and vice versa). The young monk had amazing powers and fought against a king at the end of the series and if I remember right, there was a sequel to the series.

If this wasn't a TVB series, I'm sorry, but I'm just looking for some help if anyone knows the name of this series. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy7 View Post
    I am looking for an old series in the 1990s that my mom use to watch. First of all, this might not be a TVB series, I'm not sure, but I remember seeing the TVB logo all the time as a kid. It was about a young monk boy on a search for his mother. There were some love stories that involved a princess or prince(?) and another couple, but both couples broke up. Later on, one part of each couple started falling in love with the other (confusing, easier way is boyfriend of couple #1 fell in love with girlfriend of #2, and vice versa). The young monk had amazing powers and fought against a king at the end of the series and if I remember right, there was a sequel to the series.

If this wasn't a TVB series, I'm sorry, but I'm just looking for some help if anyone knows the name of this series. Thanks!
    Hmm... the only thing that came to mind is Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils, it might not be...

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy7 View Post

Sounds like Royal Monk to me. That one had a sequel as well. Rather cute series...of course, the best part about the whole thing is the main character. He was sooooo adorable!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwyNplBWJ8E

Hello everyone,

First of all, this is a great site. I come here often to read reviews of series that I am interested in renting or buying. There is this series I watched as a teenager that I cannot find on this site database to read about because I do not know its English title. I only know its Vietnamese title called Phi Yen Kinh Long. I want to know more like the actors name, year release, company produced, what do reviewers think of the series, etc. I appreciate the help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS2U0rZd758
    Last edited by daihiep1; 08-16-12 at 11:15 PM.

Hi Daihiep. From the video clip you post, it seems to be the adaptation from Wong Long Sheng's novel 'Fei Yan Jing Long'.

Series title: 飛燕驚龍
    Year: 1985
    Actors: Derek Yee (爾冬陞), Shi Szu (施思), Zhang Yong Yong (張詠詠)
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Yep, it clearly says 飛燕驚龍. Kidd must be right.

Can someone tell me the English and Vietnamese title to the following series and is there a review of it on this site? I appreciate the help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBdBeNdl-So

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhCxtTtyPjI

(Thank you kidd for the information on "Fei Yan Jing Long")
    Last edited by daihiep1; 09-10-12 at 12:50 AM.

I am looking for TV series probably from 90s. The title of the series may be similar to, "Woman named Gan", "Woman from Gan clan" or something to do with lady named Gan.

In this series. Some old hag seriously mistreated in her younger years by Wulin elite. Now seeks revenge. She raised and trained several women to be her disciples and they are her weapons to exact vengeance on those who wronged her. One of them makes her appearances in the Wulin as named Gan, sporting snow white dress. She plays zither. She is the female protagonist. As for the male lead, a guy from lowly beginning, rises ranks and becomes instrumental against the Gan lady. He plays flute. But both main leads fall in love, start to question their role in this revenge struggles. They start to realize they are merely pawns of the bigger play. But their loyalty and commitments strangle their heart desire. Through all this mishaps they even manage to consummate their love. (The very image which haunts me til this day). They often play duet with zither and flute. I do not remember the end. But it was very tragic one. The woman certainly dies. I am not sure of the man, he might have died.

If any one of you, happen to know what series this is, please let me know.
    Last edited by odbayarb2000; 12-11-12 at 06:14 PM.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

Quote Originally Posted by odbayarb2000 View Post
    I am looking for TV series probably from 90s. The title of the series may be similar to, "Woman named Gan", "Woman from Gan clan" or something to do with lady named Gan.
    Is this a mandarin or cantonese series? TVB or ATV?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Is this a mandarin or cantonese series? TVB or ATV?
    I wish I knew that.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

Hello, I'd require some help about a series I used to watch when I was a tiny lil brat.

I don't know which company produced the series nor the names of the actors. It's a Cantonese wuxia series from 70's or 80's. The setup is kind of weird, with a world filled with demons in disguise and Gods (not sure). Fights are also done with laser beams from fingers and eyes. The protagonist is a very well built guy with a red dot on his forehead and always seems to wear a yellow sleeveless cardigan, showing off his muscles. He's very strong and a good guy. His girlfriend is actually the daughter of the demon king. Until her death she continues struggling with her identity, being caught between good and evil. I also remember an evil blonde chick.

Hey Guys I'm looking for this series from late 1980s or early 1990s (not sure here). It is a drama set in non modern China, about the palace. Basically the story revolves around a female fortune teller and a male fortune teller. They are always dueling in their feng shui/fortune telling wits and play for different teams. I distinctively remember that the male fortune teller has to "sneeze" in order to get a premonition (or be able to tell the fortune), whereas the girl is naturally gifted in it... The drama is naturally in Cantonese language...so I assume it is either TVB or ATV. This series really stuck to me when I watched it many years ago but I was far too young to remember it, only that I loved the series, the theme song and the lead actress was very pretty

Quote Originally Posted by wolsay1 View Post
    Hey Guys I'm looking for this series from late 1980s or early 1990s (not sure here). It is a drama set in non modern China, about the palace. Basically the story revolves around a female fortune teller and a male fortune teller. They are always dueling in their feng shui/fortune telling wits and play for different teams. I distinctively remember that the male fortune teller has to "sneeze" in order to get a premonition (or be able to tell the fortune), whereas the girl is naturally gifted in it... The drama is naturally in Cantonese language...so I assume it is either TVB or ATV. This series really stuck to me when I watched it many years ago but I was far too young to remember it, only that I loved the series, the theme song and the lead actress was very pretty
    It sounds like TVB's Fate of the Last Empire (清宮氣數錄), starring Timmy Ho, Nnadia Chan, and Noel Leung.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nStP3GwB5Wc
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

Quote Originally Posted by Hoju! View Post
    It sounds like TVB's Fate of the Last Empire (清宮氣數錄), starring Timmy Ho, Nnadia Chan, and Noel Leung.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nStP3GwB5Wc
    thank you - i think this is it...he sneezes when he does his fortune telling/premonition thingy right?

gonna check it out, thanks again!

Alright, this series is probably old, in the 1990s and definitely before 2000. I don't remember the title. The plot wasn't all that great and pretty corny too, but because I don't remember the name of this series drive me crazy and I gotta know. I'm very good at remembering all the series I have seen except for this one.

It's about Kim Dong and Ngoc Nu. It's not the 1990 drama because the drama I remember has Te Cong in it and it's about kim dong and ngoc nu falling in love with the earthlings and got in trouble. They had to be punished by going through many series of love tradegies with the people they love, at the same time dealing with bad guys? Kim dong mostly dressed in red, whereas, Ngoc nu wore purple most of the time. This is all I can remember. I hope someone do.

Quote Originally Posted by trngmy View Post
    Alright, this series is probably old, in the 1990s and definitely before 2000. I don't remember the title. The plot wasn't all that great and pretty corny too, but because I don't remember the name of this series drive me crazy and I gotta know. I'm very good at remembering all the series I have seen except for this one.

It's about Kim Dong and Ngoc Nu. It's not the 1990 drama because the drama I remember has Te Cong in it and it's about kim dong and ngoc nu falling in love with the earthlings and got in trouble. They had to be punished by going through many series of love tradegies with the people they love, at the same time dealing with bad guys? Kim dong mostly dressed in red, whereas, Ngoc nu wore purple most of the time. This is all I can remember. I hope someone do.
    Could that be the singapor series The Legend of Jigong in 1996 (Hoa Thuong Xoi Thit)? It has Kim Dong (always wearing red) as Te Cong's disciple but there is no Ngoc Nu. There is a fairy wearing purple named Tu Y. Kim Dong fell in love with Nhac Ngan Binh. Tu Y fell in love with Nhac Ngan Binh's brother, Nhac Loi. And then there were some tragedies and reincarnations...
    Last edited by Tam_Nguyen; 06-05-13 at 06:49 PM.

Default Thank you

Tam_Nguyen, thank you so much. This is the exact series I was thinking. It never crossed my mind that it was a singapore production. Thank you again!