Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Unknown Serial? Post in Here for Help ^_^

Stuck in a place between Heaven and Hell!

Originally posted by xsMiLeE_sTaRzx
    hii. i need help naming a korean series. i kant remember it very clearly tho. but there was this girl hoo made purses. thats about all i kan remember. "/ hahah. but i remember sumthing about a purse that she made and some other girl stole her design? not much info...but hoepfully sumone will kno wat it is. =(
    This series is called "Pretty Girl/Lady" ! The storyling started with the main character's mum passed away, so she sold the house and went to the city looking for her father. She found her father and stay with him and his defacto wife but they found out that she has some money and run away with her money and leaving her penniless! Lucky she has a high school friend who also work in the city!

This is a nice k-drama series and i love the theme song !
    Last edited by Fallen Angel; 08-15-04 at 08:55 PM.
    Cheers!!!!!!

Unhappy

I think you are talking about The Monkey King-Quest for The Sutra. Does it got Dicky Cheung in it? If it does then this is it.
    it was somebody else the vietnamese name of the actor that is playing the monkey king is dong something. I saw it once when i was in vietnam and i hope i can find the cantonese version, but i only saw a small part of it. so i don't know were to look!!

Default Title please

I didn't see this thread until now. Can someone tell me what's the title of the series that has Benny Chan and Charmaine Sheh casted in the series that Benny is a young king and Charmaine is his queen (not sure)? Viet or English is title is okay, preferrably Viet.

Thanks,
    TiTi

xXTITIXx, that serie is called "The Voyage of Emperor Qian Long to Jiang Nan. The vietnamese title for it is Can Long Du Giang Nam. There is a review for this serie Here is the link to see the review.

http://www.spcnet.tv/reviews/review.php?rID=86
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Okay I don't think anyone will know the answer to this but its worth a try.

I remember watching a series when I was younger and am desperate to know the english title to it. The series had to have been produced in the 80's and I think it starred Tony Leung (please don't quote me on this cas I hardly remember it) I remember the translated title (in my language) was something like "the sword with no name?" In the series, "Tony" and his kung fu sister were part of some secret sect, and that kung fu sister was always disguising herself as someone. I remember her disguising herself as a prositute, just to get "Tony" jealous. Theres also another female lead, who most of the series disguises herself as a guy and she bickers with "tony' alot at the start. In the end, Tony picks the tomboy, and his kungfu sister dies. Thats about all I remember about the series, also I am not too sure that it did star Tony, hopefully someone can help!
    Jessica Hsuan + Louis Koo = Amazing Chemistry!

"มารอยู่ในจิต สวรรค์อยู่ในใจ"
    Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

Originally posted by Fallen Angel
    This series is called "Pretty Girl/Lady" ! The storyling started with the main character's mum passed away, so she sold the house and went to the city looking for her father. She found her father and stay with him and his defacto wife but they found out that she has some money and run away with her money and leaving her penniless! Lucky she has a high school friend who also work in the city!

This is a nice k-drama series and i love the theme song !
    ohHH...so that was the name! loL. thank you so much! i kno..i love the song toO! thats y i wanted to find out the english name..to find the theme song.

I also remember watching this serial when I was quite young. I'm trying to find out its title and more about it...... I think the main lead was played by Faye Wong (before she got really famous, I think). Faye Wong's charcacter was from ancient China but she was immortal and lived in some cave for a few hundred years or something. Then some modern day people discovered the cave, and Faye's character decided to come out of her cave. Then some people suspected her was non-human or something, and tried to prove so.

Not sure if the above is accurate. My memories of it are very fuzzy.

Quote Originally Posted by junzi
    I also remember watching this serial when I was quite young. I'm trying to find out its title and more about it...... I think the main lead was played by Faye Wong (before she got really famous, I think). Faye Wong's charcacter was from ancient China but she was immortal and lived in some cave for a few hundred years or something. Then some modern day people discovered the cave, and Faye's character decided to come out of her cave. Then some people suspected her was non-human or something, and tried to prove so.

Not sure if the above is accurate. My memories of it are very fuzzy.
    This series is called Eternity, it was made in 1993 and stars Faye Wong, Alex Fong, Bowie Lam and Jessica Hsuan.

Faye is from the ancient world, I think she was from the kings palace and they had to set out on some mission where everyone else dies except for Faye, the bad guy and some other guy because they ate these eggs which gave them Immortality. It goes on to show Faye meeting all these other people but they aged and died while she was still around. Modern day, some ancient painting has resurfaced and Faye tries to steal them as they depict what happened all those years ago to her. The main guy, Alex, is a cop who has to protect the paintings. But when he meets Faye (her day job is to help with the ancient setting on movie sets) he gets suspicious of her, also he thinks she was the person who saved his life when he was a kid, he nearly fell off the mountain but she flew down and saved him. Hope that helps.
    Jessica Hsuan + Louis Koo = Amazing Chemistry!

"มารอยู่ในจิต สวรรค์อยู่ในใจ"
    Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

Good gosh, am I glad to find this place. I've been searching on and off for about 7 years for this Chinese series.

For those of you who have the capability of reading Chinese text, the title is: 保鏢. For those who can't, it's pronounced Bao Biao in Mandarin, and translates out to be "Body Guard" or "Protector". I have no idea which company produced it or who was in it. I do know, however, that it was made prior to 1999 and most possibly in 1997.

This is the story of a family of body guards living in ancient China. The head of the household is this man who has three daughters. The eldest is married to a guy with the last name of Tzai, the second daughter has a really nasty temper, and the youngest is the most skilled in martial arts of the three. They have two uncles, one who is very boistrous and the other who is more scholarly and fights with a fan. There was also this really silly older man who was Mr. Tzai's man-servant, who was actually really skilled in the martial arts. Finally, there were these two traveling martial artists who always appeared in each other's company. They're last names were Oyang and Sima, and they always made these opening speeches when they appeared.

I guess what I'm wondering is whether or not this title is still available somewhere out there. (And whether there are any decent webpages about it )

Thanks so much!

Ok i have a quetion about two different korean dramas. i was in taiwan about a year ago and saw both of these series but never finished them.
    First one was an acient drama about the royal family and a poor girl who a rich merchant wants to marry? does that soound familiar to anyone if it does please let me kow the title. sorry for such vauge discripition.

the other was a bout a girl who is living with her "aunt"?? and a cousin. they make her do all the work and the cousin likes a guy but the guy like her only? and the main girl puts in an application to this big corporation and accidental runs into someone who works there and the guys gf/ fiancee is the owners daughter but happens to also be the rich girls sister? and the grandfather has been looking for her for years? its not sunshine upon me i know that but it is similar? does this ring a bell to anyone? thanks in advance

Stuck in a place between Heaven and Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by I_luv_HZL
    the other was a bout a girl who is living with her "aunt"?? and a cousin. they make her do all the work and the cousin likes a guy but the guy like her only? and the main girl puts in an application to this big corporation and accidental runs into someone who works there and the guys gf/ fiancee is the owners daughter but happens to also be the rich girls sister? and the grandfather has been looking for her for years? its not sunshine upon me i know that but it is similar? does this ring a bell to anyone? thanks in advance
    Hi I_luv_HZL,

This one sounds like "Glass Shoes/Slipper" - Starring Kim Hyun Ju, Kim Ji Ho and Han Jae Suk.....there used to be a thread in the Korean/Japanese section but I think it might have been deleted ! But here is some infor from Koreanwiz.org: "Glass Shoes"

Hope its help !
    Last edited by Fallen Angel; 09-29-04 at 12:04 AM.
    Cheers!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutisa
    This series is called Eternity, it was made in 1993 and stars Faye Wong, Alex Fong, Bowie Lam and Jessica Hsuan.

Faye is from the ancient world, I think she was from the kings palace and they had to set out on some mission where everyone else dies except for Faye, the bad guy and some other guy because they ate these eggs which gave them Immortality. It goes on to show Faye meeting all these other people but they aged and died while she was still around. Modern day, some ancient painting has resurfaced and Faye tries to steal them as they depict what happened all those years ago to her. The main guy, Alex, is a cop who has to protect the paintings. But when he meets Faye (her day job is to help with the ancient setting on movie sets) he gets suspicious of her, also he thinks she was the person who saved his life when he was a kid, he nearly fell off the mountain but she flew down and saved him. Hope that helps.
    Oh yay! Thank you! Finally, I have some info on this show. Do you know its Chinese title?

About more or less 10 years ago I watched a Japanese serie about a stewardess, the main character wants to become an excellent stewardess in a Japanese airline and I think she develops a romantic feeling towards her mentor (I believe he's a pilot) and he actually returns her feelings but he is engaged to another girl who's one hand is fake coz of an accident or sumthing. Anyway, I never finish watching this serie. Can anyone who knows please tell me the title and how the story actually ends? And who plays the main character if possible? Thank you lots.
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

I've just started watching this series, but can't seem to figure out what the name is.

So basically, it is wuxia. There's this guy "Fu Hong Xue" wandering around with a broken sword yet still managing to kill lots of people. His younger brother (probably figuratively) is named Ye Kai or something like that and is part of the Dragon...something band/cult/ancient chinese wuxia union. So where I'm at (roughly episode 2), the former "Dragon Head" has just been killed by an assassin sent by one of Ye Kai's fellow "tang" heads. This assassin, if I'm not mistaken, is played by the same actor who did "A Fei" in the Vincent Jiao "Flying Dagger Lee" series. He is supposed to be the younger brother of the woman who sent him, but seems as if he could be her lover as well. Finally, there's some cute girls running around, one of which is a miracle healer.

Finally, the Chinese name probably has a "ma" or horse in it and looks pretty recent.

So, any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by AnalyticChick
    I've just started watching this series, but can't seem to figure out what the name is.

So basically, it is wuxia. There's this guy "Fu Hong Xue" wandering around with a broken sword yet still managing to kill lots of people. His younger brother (probably figuratively) is named Ye Kai or something like that and is part of the Dragon...something band/cult/ancient chinese wuxia union. So where I'm at (roughly episode 2), the former "Dragon Head" has just been killed by an assassin sent by one of Ye Kai's fellow "tang" heads. This assassin, if I'm not mistaken, is played by the same actor who did "A Fei" in the Vincent Jiao "Flying Dagger Lee" series. He is supposed to be the younger brother of the woman who sent him, but seems as if he could be her lover as well. Finally, there's some cute girls running around, one of which is a miracle healer.

Finally, the Chinese name probably has a "ma" or horse in it and looks pretty recent.

So, any takers?
    I think there are several version of this story because it's based on Gu Long's novel (i think). I saw the TVB version starring Hugo ang Zhang Zhao Hui (don't know if I PinYin correctly), Fiona Leung, and a lot others. THe title is "Pian Cheng Lang Zi"
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

I'm not sure if this movie is "I Have a Date With Spring" or not, but I remember a long time ago, I watched this serie with 4 singers (I think) One was blue, one was white, one was red, and the other one was gold I think. The serie mostly takes place at where they sing and they're make up studio. The blue girl was also the actress who was in a scary movie, where she gets rid of the vampires who go around biting people.
    WU ZUN ! <3

Does anyone know what show has these thespians in it?

I only recognize Sunny Chan, Yuan Li, and Zheng Rui Xiao/Zheng Yi Lin/Zheng Guo Lin.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes
    I'm not sure if this movie is "I Have a Date With Spring" or not, but I remember a long time ago, I watched this serie with 4 singers (I think) One was blue, one was white, one was red, and the other one was gold I think. The serie mostly takes place at where they sing and they're make up studio. The blue girl was also the actress who was in a scary movie, where she gets rid of the vampires who go around biting people.
    Yes, this series is called 'I Have A Date With Spring'.
    Here is a very short review of the series : http://www.geocities.com/mybeststars/Rspring.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Does anyone know what show has these thespians in it?

I only recognize Sunny Chan, Yuan Li, and Zheng Rui Xiao/Zheng Yi Lin/Zheng Guo Lin.
    Is it this series: JIN XIU QIAN CHENG (Vol. 1-19) (China Version) VCD - YesAsia.com ? It has all 3 actors u name.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Is it this series: JIN XIU QIAN CHENG (Vol. 1-19) (China Version) VCD - YesAsia.com ? It has all 3 actors u name.
    Yep, that must be the show. Thanks for your help, kidd!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")