Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Unknown Serial? Post in Here for Help ^_^

There was a series during the mid 80's based on a character I know as the "Mad Monk". When he was born, a buddhist monk came up to his father to reveal that his son is the reincarnation of a buddha (Hung Lung Lo Horn) and prophetized that his son will grow up to be a monk as well. And when the boy grew he did and one day as he was mediating inside his room within the temple he became "enlightened" and turned crazy. Which leads to the hilarious scene where he flashed his master and peers by undressing his robe and told them he now understands. (*chuckles*... good memories.) But one day the temple had to be evaculated so the monks who studied there decided to loot everything except one, the mad monk. At first he was hestitant to take anything but he took a look around at all that was left and instantly fell in love with the accessories that will aid throughout all of his adventures. A rusty fan, a worn hat, and a dirty robe. From then on, he travel throughout the continent helping the poor, curing the sick, and teaching people valuable lessons.

Trivia facts:

He has magical powers. The dirt on his body has healing properties.
    His arch nemesis is a middle age guy with hair white and dons white clothing with powers similar to his. His arch nemesis also has two loyal servants who serves him. One looks yellow and likes to attack from the air and one looks red with a beard and tends to attack from beneath the ground.
    His arch nemesis also recruits a new servant which he brainwashed. She happens to be the fiance of the Mad Monk's cousin (Yerk Choi) known as Ning Lam.
    He goes by a couple of titles: Jai Gong and Jai Dean
    He is the only true disciple of Buddha who can eat meat and consume alcohol.
    He eventually accepts his own disciple who is bald and weilds a staff.
    He once said, "Making mistakes is not important; what matters is that you change."
    I also heard that person who played the "Mad Monk" also became a real monk himself and retired from the entertainment industry.
    There was a sequel.

If anybody can give me the name or provide more information on this series that be great.

LADIES OF THE LAW (80's)

Have anyone seen this tv series before? It's about these four girls who help solve crimes and basically capture all the bad guys. I was just wondering if anyone know the main girl name. She's the one that carries bells and also the prettiest one.

Hi every1! I have a problem with a series as well...
    I only know 4 facts abt it

1)Ada Choi is in it
    2)Her character's name is Ah Suet (Snow)
    3)Its an ancient series has martial arts
    4)It was out around the time of The Link (i think)

not much to go on but that's all i no... Sorry!
    Life is what U make it...
    ...So make sure U live with no regrets...
    ...and live it to the MAXX!!!

I have a just recently seen this korean series in Taiwan and i cant find the american name to it. It is about these two sisters who have the same father but different mothers. the father left one of the sisters family to marry a actor. then when the girls become older the older sister decided to befriend her little sister and starts to date whoever she dates and then falls in love with her sisters fiance. then the story goes into the lives of boths sisters being married where one has almost the ideal in laws wheras the other one has a horrible sister in law. the chinese name literally translates to betrayal of love

Stuck in a place between Heaven and Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by I_luv_HZL
    I have a just recently seen this korean series in Taiwan and i cant find the american name to it. It is about these two sisters who have the same father but different mothers. the father left one of the sisters family to marry a actor. then when the girls become older the older sister decided to befriend her little sister and starts to date whoever she dates and then falls in love with her sisters fiance. then the story goes into the lives of boths sisters being married where one has almost the ideal in laws wheras the other one has a horrible sister in law. the chinese name literally translates to betrayal of love
    It sound like the "Mermaid" story!
    Cheers!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SaraCrystalWater

1)Ada Choi is in it

Was Aaron Kwok also in the series? I don't think Ada was in a lot of martial art series.
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

OK, I saw this show on tv like 5 years ago. It's a taiwan one I believe. It takes places nowadays. I want to know more info about it especially the theme songs! I remember I really really loved them. Anyways, I can't really remember what it's about but it has this girl who plays twins. I think this actress is a model, I think her name is Bella. Anyways, one of the twins she plays was murdered by her boyfriend. I think that guy had glasses and was in "Duo Ching Hua". The other main male actor was cute and chubby, That's all I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    It sound like the "Mermaid" story!
    I checked out the Mermaid story and it was about brothers instead of about sisters, but thanks for the suggestion. i just remembered another thing there was like 122 episodes in the show i dont know if this will jog someones memory but thanks in advance

1)Ada Choi is in it

It's "All About Tin," Deric Wan, Eddie Cheung & Catherine Hung was in it also.

Stuck in a place between Heaven and Hell!

I checked out the Mermaid story and it was about brothers instead of about sisters, but thanks for the suggestion. i just remembered another thing there was like 122 episodes in the show i dont know if this will jog someones memory but thanks in advance
    I_luv_HZL,

The two brothers series is called "Loving You" in English and I had no idea why the chinese called it "Mermaid" in Chinese....probably have something to do with her swimming a lot in this series !

The Mermaid story that I was talking about is this "Miss Mermaid" in English, here is a link curtisy of Koreanwiz.org: "Miss Mermaid"

Hope it help!
    Cheers!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    I_luv_HZL,

The two brothers series is called "Loving You" in English and I had no idea why the chinese called it "Mermaid" in Chinese....probably have something to do with her swimming a lot in this series !

The Mermaid story that I was talking about is this "Miss Mermaid" in English, here is a link curtisy of Koreanwiz.org: "Miss Mermaid"

Hope it help!
    Actually it did help thanks.

THANX Yufeihong!

I have another 2 unknown series i would like 2 watch sooo...

The 1st 1 is (i think) kinda new. It has Joyce Tung n Joe Ma i think the storyline is sumwhere along the lines of murders in the village/town n they try 2 solve it ( i only saw a 1 min clip in sum video sumwhere)...

The 2nd 1 isn't a TVB series (i think) it has Alec So? He is on of 2 brothers that sum how get seporated n he has a scar on his face he meets a girl called (translated from cantonese) Hot Chilli Pepper (Lat Jew Jei)???

THANX Yufeihong!

I have another 2 unknown series i would like 2 watch sooo...

The 1st 1 is (i think) kinda new. It has Joyce Tung n Joe Ma i think the storyline is sumwhere along the lines of murders in the village/town n they try 2 solve it ( i only saw a 1 min clip in sum video sumwhere)...

The 2nd 1 isn't a TVB series (i think) it has Alec So? He is on of 2 brothers that sum how get seporated n he has a scar on his face he meets a girl called (translated from cantonese) Hot Chilli Pepper (Lat Jew Jei)???
    1) Summer Heat
    2) Legendary Siblings

My advice is do NOT watch Legendary Siblings. Worst adaptation ever! Avoid at all cost.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Actually it did help thanks.
    Hopefully that site changes the correct spelling. It is actually "In-Uh A-Gah-Si"

Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    1) Summer Heat
    2) Legendary Siblings

My advice is do NOT watch Legendary Siblings. Worst adaptation ever! Avoid at all cost.
    Thanx Suet Seung!

I'll take ur advice n avoid it... The title doesn't appeal 2 me neway!

Quote Originally Posted by yi hsin
    Good gosh, am I glad to find this place. I've been searching on and off for about 7 years for this Chinese series.

For those of you who have the capability of reading Chinese text, the title is: 保鏢. For those who can't, it's pronounced Bao Biao in Mandarin, and translates out to be "Body Guard" or "Protector". I have no idea which company produced it or who was in it. I do know, however, that it was made prior to 1999 and most possibly in 1997.

This is the story of a family of body guards living in ancient China. The head of the household is this man who has three daughters. The eldest is married to a guy with the last name of Tzai, the second daughter has a really nasty temper, and the youngest is the most skilled in martial arts of the three. They have two uncles, one who is very boistrous and the other who is more scholarly and fights with a fan. There was also this really silly older man who was Mr. Tzai's man-servant, who was actually really skilled in the martial arts. Finally, there were these two traveling martial artists who always appeared in each other's company. They're last names were Oyang and Sima, and they always made these opening speeches when they appeared.

I guess what I'm wondering is whether or not this title is still available somewhere out there. (And whether there are any decent webpages about it )

Thanks so much!
    I believe the series you're talking about is The Righteous Guards. There's a review for it here http://www.spcnet.tv/taiwan_righteousguards.shtml. Here's a link if you're interested in buying it http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...code=c&did=157. There's two part to this series with them replacing the main actress, so don't be confused with the cover picture.

ohk,..when i ws in vn..i ws watching this series on tv with my cousins..but i have no idea who tha casts are! nd i only kno bits nd pieces of tha storyline soo yea..
    -it's a def. korean series..nd [i didn't watch tha beginning..so i only kno a lil in tha middle..]tha parts i watch there's this girl[let's call her a] who is trying out to be a singer..nd there's a love triangle between her..this guy..nd anothr guy. she loves this guy..but her dad [i think???] doesn't allow their relationship..so he kind of forced her to marry this othr guy..soo tha guy she married loves her..but she loves the othr guy instead. nd then, there's anothr girl[lets call her b]..who loves the guy she[a] married..but she's[a] together with the guy that she[b] loved..confusing? yes..lol.
    nd then..i kinda skip a few eps..so anothr part ws when the other girl[b] got..it ws either cancer or aids..nd she[b] wouldn't tell her mom abt it cs she didn't want her mom to worry..but she only told tha guy she loved..nd then i don't kno..they met up somewhere nd she hugged him nd stuff..?
    -nd anothr part is tha girl[a] who tried out to be tha singer..has a 'competitor' cs she married tha guy that her 'competitor' loved but got rejected..so her 'competitor' kinda tried many ways to win?
    does ne one kno what this series is? its ohk if u don't..cs it wsn't a really useful summary so i don't expect u guys to kno..lol.

Does anyone know this serie "The Legend of Ji Gong" ?.

That's all I know, the title...the reason I ask is International Channel will be showing this next month (with English subtitle) but I have no clue what's this drama about..all I know is the title and it's a Mandarin drama...

Does anyone have any clue what's this about and who's in it..what year was it made? Any help is appreciated..

Smile

I have quite a number of series titles to ask. Sorry for the trouble...

1. Frankie Lam & Annie Man are husband n wife, i think Frankie doesn't like her at 1st but slowly his feelings for her develops. It's in ancient and some kind of a comedy too. Their family always fight quite similar to Virtues of Harmony, i jus cnt rmb the title.

2. Kenix Kwok and Bobby Au-Yeung work in the police force, once they had to pretend as husband and wife in order to catch the thief.

3. Louis Koo and Fennie Yuen as undercover cops, they are loggerheads though.

4. Bobby Au-Yeung is the Fortune God and the 1st episode is hilarious when he came to earth from heaven.

Tat's all i could think of... if i hav anymore i'll cum. Thnx so much! ^_^"

Default Vagabond Swordsman

Does anyone know anything about this series? I saw it for sale at LaYoYo and was thinking about buying it, but they don't supply very much information with it. It just says starring Yu Po. Is this maybe a typo and they meant Yu Bo. I thought I was aware of all of his series. I even checked for it on his fansite. Any information woudl be appreciated. Thank you.