Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Unknown Serial? Post in Here for Help ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaoqain14
    anybody know what series this is called?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/9382/daqi6do2.jpg')
    http://spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=14634
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Default Help me find the name of this series?

I vaguely, vaguely remember a series I saw once when I visited China a few years back. We were in a hotel, and it was running, and I saw two episodes or so.

I really loved it, however I have no idea what the name of the series is.

Here are bits and pieces of what I remember:
    -it's a modern time series
    -it's in Chinese
    -the main character, the girl, is young, around 20ish. She knows martial arts.
    -the opening scene is on a restaurant set, where the girl is filming on a stage-like place.
    -the main character, the guy, works at a barber shop (I think) and his name is Ying Xiong.
    -the girl's dad won 3 million (or billion...) in horse racing gambling...but apparently he died.
    -the guy has a sister and they have this funky little scissors dance that they did...
    -the guy has pet rabbit. Or something.

Yah, that's basically it. If you know of any series that sound similar to this, please post the name of it....I don't care if it's right or not, I won't know until I check it out, right?

Thank you,
    Serynsatina

Just how many years ago did you see this? Like the time range?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Erm...two or three maybe? Possibly four...but if it was airing on TV then, it may have been produced even earlier.

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

I've been told there a Mulan Mandarin version (oringnal not dub) but I don't remember that.

I remember there a TVB version and Disney version!

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam-Freedom
    I've been told there a Mulan Mandarin version (oringnal not dub) but I don't remember that.

I remember there a TVB version and Disney version!
    Check this out. The series is cheaply made and not very good.
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1003937334/

I hope someone can help me name this series; Google isn't being very helpful, but then again, I only have a very, very vague memory of the details. Well, here goes:

First of all, I'm absolutely positive that this series was made/aired no later than 2000, since I watched this that summer. If anything, this is probably a relatively old series, though I would hazard a guess that it was made in the 90s, and not in the 80s. Second, I think the main protagonist is actually a loner of sorts, who knows martial arts (of course), but all the details that I remember don't really concern him. If anything, I remember more clearly that he's in love with a doctor/healer of sorts. And that's where all the fun starts ... (If I remember.)

So, the woman he loves lives in or is visiting a village. The head of this village is a lord who is promiscuous/a playboy. This lord actually has a very beautiful wife, and a daughter, but for some reason or other, he's grown apart from his wife and now likes to chase after women. He has at least one mistress, I think. Anyway, this lord falls in love with the doctor/healer whom our protagonist loves. (I actually don't think the "protagonist", the martial arts expert, figures all that importantly into this series. Maybe this series is actually part of a longer one?)

Now, there are mysterious murders going on in this village. In fact, most of the people who are being killed are women who were somehow associated with the lord (I think). These people were murdered by having needles stuck into their feet, sort of like a twisted version of acupuncture, except that the needles have been stuck in places in such a way so as to kill the person instead of healing.

Well, in the end, it turns out that the wife has been killing these people, because she's jealous. I think in the end, she kills her husband, and then she kills herself, and all that's left is the horrified doctor/healer, the "protagonist", and the little girl. I really feel sorry for the daughter; she had some messed-up parents ...

If it helps any, I think Cheng Pei-Pei was in this series, even if all she did was a cameo. But, I could be wrong; that's why I said, I think she was in this ...

I would be so, so happy if someone could please identify this series. Thank you!

Edit: I forgot to add that this series is set in ancient China. And it's Chinese. Sorry!
    Last edited by Valentin; 12-17-06 at 03:00 AM.

Default summarized again

this series is probably either from the philippines or thailand.. not sure

brief synopsis: there's this pretty poor girl who's mother is a low housekeeper or something in a rich family's house, yet both are part of the family somehow but looked down upon very much. there's also this rich boy who falls in love with her but the girl supposedly has a sister who is really mean and jealous of her and likes the same guy. theres also another guy, whos good friends with the main guy but also likes the pretty girl. later on in the series, both girls have a birthday party and the mean girl makes a fool out of the good sister and her friends mess with her. then the guys found out and went to go save her. later on, when the main girl is working, the rich main guy comes to her work and has lunch with her and her employees. then she excuses herself and runs upstairs and the guy runs afer her and then kinda rapes her. dunno. i never saw the beginning or end.. just a couple episodes.

when the series ends, theres a black and white picture of two babies. i dont know what that is all about.. i also know that this girl is very very pretty and has a baby face while the other two guys are.. okay-looking. im guessing this is more filipino than thai. does this sound familiar to anyone? i've been looking everywhere for it and i dont know the names of actresses or actors or anything. can anyone tell me what this series is called or what the cast is? i do know that the main actress has a mole on her cheek. dunno but please help!

she looks like this almost.. but with a mole on her cheek!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/axelan/agnimakeover2.jpg')

NEVERMIND! i found it! it is a thai lakorn called LUERD HONG (PHOENIX BLOOD) starring Bee Namthip.
    MV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpGiympDT9o
    Last edited by mikeey; 10-28-07 at 05:33 PM.
    TAIWANESE
    mike he
    vic zhou

TVB
    patrick tam
    moses chan
    charmaine sheh

KDRAMA
    lee wan
    jang hyuk
    kim bum
    shin dong wook
    song seung hun
    wonbin
    hyun bin
    im ju hwan
    kim tae hee
    sung yuri
    han ji hye

Default UNkwon Serie. PLEASE HELP!

i've found this serie at my local video store and i enjoyed it very much. however, when i tried to do a search, i can't find any info. the cast are different and i've never seen them. and the titles are not in it.

it's a story about tea. in my translation of the title in Khmer, it's called 8 caret Gold. but it's the name of a tea that cause a feau over two family, the Li and the Fang. the head of the li family murdered the husband and father of the woman in the Fang family in search of the tea. then he tried to kill her and her baby. but what he doesn't know is that the baby was actually his daughter because his wife wanted to have a baby boy so she switched her baby girl with Fang's baby boy. therefore he ended up raising his enemy's son. also the wife came back 20 years after to take revenge, pretending to be the twin sister of Fang.
    but later, she found her daughter, who was rescued by another family and meet up with her son which she hate cause she thought he was her enemy's son. her son is in love with the daughter. however she is from an enemy's family and she is in love with another man.

please help. i really want to know the cast. i think the main guy and the daughter have good chemistry together. (the main guy is not the son of Fang)

i'm sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum. i don't know if this show is the china's production or anything else.

Here's the video i found on UTUBE:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSpays7meSI
    "The true value of a human being can be found in the degree to which he has attained liberation form the self." - Albert Einstein

Currently Writing: Lotus in the Wind
    Dragon, Phoenix, and Flower

Quote Originally Posted by Serynsatina
    I vaguely, vaguely remember a series I saw once when I visited China a few years back. We were in a hotel, and it was running, and I saw two episodes or so.

I really loved it, however I have no idea what the name of the series is.

Here are bits and pieces of what I remember:
    -it's a modern time series
    -it's in Chinese
    -the main character, the girl, is young, around 20ish. She knows martial arts.
    -the opening scene is on a restaurant set, where the girl is filming on a stage-like place.
    -the main character, the guy, works at a barber shop (I think) and his name is Ying Xiong.
    -the girl's dad won 3 million (or billion...) in horse racing gambling...but apparently he died.
    -the guy has a sister and they have this funky little scissors dance that they did...
    -the guy has pet rabbit. Or something.

Yah, that's basically it. If you know of any series that sound similar to this, please post the name of it....I don't care if it's right or not, I won't know until I check it out, right?

Thank you,
    Serynsatina
    It's called 双响炮 (Shuang Xiang Pao). The leads are Chen Hao and Hu Bing. It's derived from a comic, the same writer who wrote the story "The Pink Ladies."
    <3 Sam Wang Shao Wei <3
    Please visit Shao Wei's English Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Wanglang
    hey this is an old series i watch as a little kid. this guy was a leader of a group of a dozen ppls and they all are based on the 12 animal sign of the chinese zodiac. They are all killer who are control but this middle age man dude. and something about a tattoo on the back of a tresure map r something like that. can someone help me please!
    Don't know if this is coming too late, but I think you're thinking about TVB's 十三密杀令 Shi San Mi Sha Ling. It stars 钱小豪 (don't know his name in English) and Ada Choi 蔡少芬.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoju!
    Don't know if this is coming too late, but I think you're thinking about TVB's 十三密杀令 Shi San Mi Sha Ling. It stars 钱小豪 (don't know his name in English) and Ada Choi 蔡少芬.
    Or the English title is Unnatural Born Killer: http://bluecrys.com/rev_killer.html
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Or the English title is Unnatural Born Killer: http://bluecrys.com/rev_killer.html

Oh, this series in Vietnamese is : Tha^.p Tam (13) Ma^.t Sa't Le^.nh

I liked this one, but forgot the ending already

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Valentin
    I hope someone can help me name this series; Google isn't being very helpful, but then again, I only have a very, very vague memory of the details. Well, here goes:

First of all, I'm absolutely positive that this series was made/aired no later than 2000, since I watched this that summer. If anything, this is probably a relatively old series, though I would hazard a guess that it was made in the 90s, and not in the 80s. Second, I think the main protagonist is actually a loner of sorts, who knows martial arts (of course), but all the details that I remember don't really concern him. If anything, I remember more clearly that he's in love with a doctor/healer of sorts. And that's where all the fun starts ... (If I remember.)

So, the woman he loves lives in or is visiting a village. The head of this village is a lord who is promiscuous/a playboy. This lord actually has a very beautiful wife, and a daughter, but for some reason or other, he's grown apart from his wife and now likes to chase after women. He has at least one mistress, I think. Anyway, this lord falls in love with the doctor/healer whom our protagonist loves. (I actually don't think the "protagonist", the martial arts expert, figures all that importantly into this series. Maybe this series is actually part of a longer one?)

Now, there are mysterious murders going on in this village. In fact, most of the people who are being killed are women who were somehow associated with the lord (I think). These people were murdered by having needles stuck into their feet, sort of like a twisted version of acupuncture, except that the needles have been stuck in places in such a way so as to kill the person instead of healing.

Well, in the end, it turns out that the wife has been killing these people, because she's jealous. I think in the end, she kills her husband, and then she kills herself, and all that's left is the horrified doctor/healer, the "protagonist", and the little girl. I really feel sorry for the daughter; she had some messed-up parents ...

If it helps any, I think Cheng Pei-Pei was in this series, even if all she did was a cameo. But, I could be wrong; that's why I said, I think she was in this ...

I would be so, so happy if someone could please identify this series. Thank you!

Edit: I forgot to add that this series is set in ancient China. And it's Chinese. Sorry!
    I think I know this series you're talking about. It has 3 parts, it has Adam Cheung in it, his vietnamese name was Tri.nh Thie^'u Thu . Too bad I forgot the Viet title for it already. In either part 1 or part 2, Adam went around looking for his wife, he thought she died or missing. Then he met this girl, she cries a lot! It had been a while back, I can't remember it, if I see the picture, I will recognize it .

Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff
    I think I know this series you're talking about. It has 3 parts, it has Adam Cheung in it, his vietnamese name was Tri.nh Thie^'u Thu . Too bad I forgot the Viet title for it already. In either part 1 or part 2, Adam went around looking for his wife, he thought she died or missing. Then he met this girl, she cries a lot! It had been a while back, I can't remember it, if I see the picture, I will recognize it .
    The title is called "Lord of Imprisonment" and has 4 stories to it.

Poster

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.adamcheng.net/loi_1.jpg')
    ♥ Adam

Thumbs up

Yeah, that's the serie, or maybe one of the four. Thanx to Adam Cheung's fan 22447, you know exactly what I'm talking about,

Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff
    Yeah, that's the serie, or maybe one of the four. Thanx to Adam Cheung's fan 22447, you know exactly what I'm talking about,
    Yes, the story that you guys were referring to is one of the 4 (that's the 2nd story)
    And you're very welcome.
    ♥ Adam

Default Unknown series

I hope somebody can help me with the names of these series which I saw as a kid during the early 90's so that I can buy them.

1) two brothers (or close friends) separate , one learns the Setting Sun technique and the other (who eventually turns out to be the evil one) learns the Cold (Crescent ?)moon technique .

2) There is a blacksmith ( swordsmith) who knows the secret art of forging a special sword ( black in color) with a special ore . A powerful villian comes into the neighbouring court and demands the secret .He locks up the blacksmiths brother ( relative) . Blacksmith finally passes the secret of the sword along with the sword itself to his disciple(?) and the disciple defeats the villian in the end.

3) Two brothers ( i think ) separate and one (looses his memory ? ) . One gets his hands on a red sword and the other on a blue sword . Only with both of them together can they unleash its potential to defeat the villian .

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by jachyra
    I hope somebody can help me with the names of these series

3) Two brothers ( i think ) separate and one (looses his memory ? ) . One gets his hands on a red sword and the other on a blue sword . Only with both of them together can they unleash its potential to defeat the villian .

Thanks in advance
    Sorry I only know this series for sure. I think it's called Blood Stained Intrigue.

Here's a clip to see if it matches your memory or not. Cheers.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJj9Ucitwe0

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Default This Life, This Generation

It's not actually unknown series i know the title i just dont know whose production it is...

im not sure if anyone remembers this series. It's This Life, This Generation. I watched this around 1995/96 perhaps setting is Shanghai?? i dont quite remember, all i know i was still in primary school at that time. I remember Steven Ma was in it. I think he played a police inspector whose main objective is to avenge the death of his parents. Turn out the one he wanted to kill was the father of the girl who he began to love. the girl's name is Qing Qing, she was the daughter of a politician at that time, but she is often neglected, since her mother is dead and her father married another woman. i think she was also not in good terms with her father.

okay, going to my question, does anyone know what production this is? Taiwan? ATV? or mainland? i remember the girl who played Qing Qing is a TVb actress, but then Steven Ma is ATV, rite? i dont really know bout this stuff. anyway, i wanted to know if anyone could tell me what happened to the couple....how the story progressed when Steven came to realize that the man he wanted to murder is Qing Qing's daddy. Im not quite sure if he used Qing Qing to get close to her father, or whether he knew this after he fell in love with Qing Qing.

anyone here can help?? i'd appreciate it if anyone could point out an English website of this series (chances are slim, i know, but doesnt hurt to ask, rite )...thnx
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 04-02-07 at 01:21 PM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -