Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Unknown Serial? Post in Here for Help ^_^

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    It's not actually unknown series i know the title i just dont know whose production it is...

im not sure if anyone remembers this series. It's This Life, This Generation. I watched this around 1995/96 perhaps setting is Shanghai?? i dont quite remember, all i know i was still in primary school at that time. I remember Steven Ma was in it. I think he played a police inspector whose main objective is to avenge the death of his parents. Turn out the one he wanted to kill was the father of the girl who he began to love. the girl's name is Qing Qing, she was the daughter of a politician at that time, but she is often neglected, since her mother is dead and her father married another woman. i think she was also not in good terms with her father.

okay, going to my question, does anyone know what production this is? Taiwan? ATV? or mainland? i remember the girl who played Qing Qing is a TVb actress, but then Steven Ma is ATV, rite? i dont really know bout this stuff. anyway, i wanted to know if anyone could tell me what happened to the couple....how the story progressed when Steven came to realize that the man he wanted to murder is Qing Qing's daddy. Im not quite sure if he used Qing Qing to get close to her father, or whether he knew this after he fell in love with Qing Qing.

anyone here can help?? i'd appreciate it if anyone could point out an English website of this series (chances are slim, i know, but doesnt hurt to ask, rite )...thnx
    Are you talking about The Bund with Chow Yuan Phat (sorry, I don't know his Chinese name) and Angie Chiu & Ray Lui ? Hmmm..it kinda sounds like it.

For Steven Ma, I don't recall him played any movie with the Shainghai period yet. I'm not a fan of Steven Ma, but I kind of remember most of the series he starred in.

Which Steven Ma are you talking about?

I think I remember a series where Steve Ma Jing Tao and Esther Kwan starred together and it was set in the 1930s I think.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Talking

Oh yeah, there are 2 Steven Ma

Steven Ma -Ma~ Ca?nh Da`o the older guy with ultra long nose, and the Steven Ma - Ma~ Tua^'n Vy~ the younger guy in TVB, currently in the series The Brink of Law

It's not actually unknown series i know the title i just dont know whose production it is...

im not sure if anyone remembers this series. It's This Life, This Generation. I watched this around 1995/96 perhaps setting is Shanghai??

okay, going to my question, does anyone know what production this is? Taiwan? ATV? or mainland? i remember the girl who played Qing Qing is a TVb actress, but then Steven Ma is ATV, rite? i dont really know bout this stuff. anyway, i wanted to know if anyone could tell me what happened to the couple....how the story progressed when Steven came to realize that the man he wanted to murder is Qing Qing's daddy. Im not quite sure if he used Qing Qing to get close to her father, or whether he knew this after he fell in love with Qing Qing.

anyone here can help?? i'd appreciate it if anyone could point out an English website of this series (chances are slim, i know, but doesnt hurt to ask, rite )...thnx
    Oh gosh, I think I do know this one. It should be Steve Ma Jing Tao's 今 生 今 世 (1995). This was a Taiwanese production, that followed up his success in HSDS 94. He co-starred with Kathy Chow, and I think Amy Chan was also in it. He and Kathy do have a happy ending. That is about all I remember about it.... and that it was very drawn out, in typical Taiwanese production fashion. I tried looking for an English website but have had no success at the moment. I'll let you know if I do find one.

Does this picture ring any bells?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hoju!
    Oh gosh, I think I do know this one. It should be Steve Ma Jing Tao's 今 生 今 世 (1995). This was a Taiwanese production, that followed up his success in HSDS 94. He co-starred with Kathy Chow, and I think Amy Chan was also in it. He and Kathy do have a happy ending. That is about all I remember about it.... and that it was very drawn out, in typical Taiwanese production fashion.

Ah I remember this series, never actually watched it, but I do remember seeing like a clip of it with Steve in a wheelchair of some sort?

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Hoju!
    Oh gosh, I think I do know this one. It should be Steve Ma Jing Tao's 今 生 今 世 (1995). This was a Taiwanese production, that followed up his success in HSDS 94. He co-starred with Kathy Chow, and I think Amy Chan was also in it. He and Kathy do have a happy ending. That is about all I remember about it.... and that it was very drawn out, in typical Taiwanese production fashion. I tried looking for an English website but have had no success at the moment. I'll let you know if I do find one.

HOJU!!!!!!

Yeah that's the one!! ive been thinking hard bout Qing Qing's name but i cant remember her! It's Kathy Chow!! she was my fav actress during my childhood, LOL! whoa, amy was in it? the only ppl that i remember were Steven Ma and Kathy Chow....sheesh, i need to rewatch it if Amy was in it!

i think i remember the ending. everyone was leaving Shanghai cuz of the war, rite? but Qing Qing stayed behind cuz she wanted to leave with Steven, but at that time Steven had already left! The next thing i know, she fell in some field with all the commontion going on, then Steven came up from behind and grabbed her!
    i really want to rewatch this one. At least now i can start my search now that i know the stars and the production house! Thanx HOJU!! and thank you all for responding, i really appreciate it

and yes, Hoju!, please please please let me know if you find the english site
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 04-02-07 at 07:11 PM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Haha. Ghost, glad to be of service.
    Oh shoot! False alarm. Amy's not in this one. It was another one I was thinking of. Sorry!

LOL, nevermind, Hoju!....i was going to find the series anyhow....
    this series has been on my mind like....forever!

anyhow, while im at it, if there's anyone interested in getting a $20 coupon at Yesasia, you might wanna consider putting your voice up front. 0-0-0 is hosting an exclusive SPCnet Singing Competition at the Music forum and spcnet has agreed to sponsor the prize. $20 is a lot, guys.....come out and join!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=20167

as i quote 0-0-0,

ALL ARE WELCOMED!!

Note: if you dont actually care bout the coupon, you can still join for fun. Many members are joining just to have fun. Everyone here isnt professional singer, so dont feel bad just cuz you think your voice sucks! Lets just have fun!!
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 04-02-07 at 08:12 PM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

HOJU!!!!!!

Yeah that's the one!! ive been thinking hard bout Qing Qing's name but i cant remember her! It's Kathy Chow!! she was my fav actress during my childhood, LOL! whoa, amy was in it? the only ppl that i remember were Steven Ma and Kathy Chow....sheesh, i need to rewatch it if Amy was in it!

i think i remember the ending. everyone was leaving Shanghai cuz of the war, rite? but Qing Qing stayed behind cuz she wanted to leave with Steven, but at that time Steven had already left! The next thing i know, she fell in some field with all the commontion going on, then Steven came up from behind and grabbed her!
    i really want to rewatch this one. At least now i can start my search now that i know the stars and the production house! Thanx HOJU!! and thank you all for responding, i really appreciate it

and yes, Hoju!, please please please let me know if you find the english site
    Hi all,
    I was like most people trying to find this Chinese tv series "Jin Sheng Jin Shi", well anyone is looking for this series you are in luck. Check out ebay:http://cgi.ebay.com/JIN-SHENG-JIN-SH...QQcmdZViewItem
    Here is a trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFi5gsINNIw
    Also the intro music them:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pul6B7WZQyg
    Last edited by mind_wander; 04-03-07 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mind_wander

whoa, US$11.99 + US$7.99 is way too cheap.....and it's dvd some more!

wait.... i just read the shipping locations....my continent isnt even in the list!

but at least i know the chinese title for it now. So it's Jin Sheng Jin Shi, eh? thanx mind_wander!
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

wait.... i just read the shipping locations....my continent isnt even in the list!

but at least i know the chinese title for it now. So it's Jin Sheng Jin Shi, eh? thanx mind_wander!
    No problem ghostdarTeal'c, I was searching for this tv series for about 2 years now. Finally, it is released on DVD, just ordered last weekend, can't wait to see it again. I was watching only 2 episodes and that's I got and has a total of 41 chapters. What continent are you located? Have u asked the seller questions about shipping location, who know if the sell can accommodate it.

uhm...does it has english sub? it would be a waste for me to buy if it doesnt have eng sub, i cant understand chinese!

anyway, im in south east asia. i have to ask my chinese friend to come with me to the store, sometimes the salesperson cant understand what im looking for, it happened when i asked for LOCH 03. he didnt know squat what i was talking about, even when i wrote down the pinyin for it!

Quote Originally Posted by wang23
    Sorry I only know this series for sure. I think it's called Blood Stained Intrigue.

Here's a clip to see if it matches your memory or not. Cheers.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJj9Ucitwe0

Thanks a million wang23 . this definetely looks like the one . I am off to grab this one now.

uhm...does it has english sub? it would be a waste for me to buy if it doesnt have eng sub, i cant understand chinese!

anyway, im in south east asia. i have to ask my chinese friend to come with me to the store, sometimes the salesperson cant understand what im looking for, it happened when i asked for LOCH 03. he didnt know squat what i was talking about, even when i wrote down the pinyin for it!
    No, it does not comes in English. However, I think LOCH 03 comes in English. I do understand the difficulty about what series is with English sub because people like to see it, but no lacking Chinese Mandarin.

Smile

LOL, nevermind, Hoju!....i was going to find the series anyhow....
    this series has been on my mind like....forever!

anyhow, while im at it, if there's anyone interested in getting a $20 coupon at Yesasia, you might wanna consider putting your voice up front. 0-0-0 is hosting an exclusive SPCnet Singing Competition at the Music forum and spcnet has agreed to sponsor the prize. $20 is a lot, guys.....come out and join!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=20167

as i quote 0-0-0,

ALL ARE WELCOMED!!

Note: if you dont actually care bout the coupon, you can still join for fun. Many members are joining just to have fun. Everyone here isnt professional singer, so dont feel bad just cuz you think your voice sucks! Lets just have fun!!
    If I remember correctly, the Viet title to that series you are talking about is : Mo^.t Do*`i Ye^u Anh

rite, well im not viet so i wont be looking for the series in viet....but thanx for informing anyway, TiffTiff

i have a hard time trying to pronounce Mo^.t Do*`i Ye^u Anh. How do you pronounce the symbol ^ . * and ' anyway?

I looked at a Kathy Chow fansite and I think this is the English title of the series you're looking for. It's called For You All My Life (co-starring Steve Ma Jing-To, Chan Hong).

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    I looked at a Kathy Chow fansite and I think this is the English title of the series you're looking for. It's called For You All My Life (co-starring Steve Ma Jing-To, Chan Hong).
    This series has many names, so not sure which one to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    hmm, does this kathy Chow site in english, SS?

thnx for informing

hmm, does this kathy Chow site in english, SS?

thnx for informing
    Yes, but don't expect any more information on the series than which I've already given you.

http://www.kttreasurebox.2ya.com/