Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sworn Brothers vs 3 Xiao Yao Elders

How do you define advanced? Is it complexity? Is it superiority? Is it the looks? Is it a bunch of intricate moves? What? How do you verify this claim that XYP kung fu is more advanced than 18DP? If it is the wonderful and myterious techniques of XYP kung fu then what about all those DuGu formless theory crap? What about all the simplicity over complexity shit?

If you want to compare XYP kung fu with 18DP then do it the proper way, by comparing it with another palm or hand technique at least. How bout the TS6YZ? Do you think TS6YZ is better than XL18Z? Do you think it is more powerful? Which one is more effective?

What about 6MSJ, arguably the best attacking skill. Is XYP skills more advanced? What about DuGu Heavy Sword technique?

What can be said surely about XYP elite skills (not ALL the skills) are that they are certainly highly advanced, very effective and mysterious. But thats not to say they are any better than 9 Yin or 9 Yang or YJJ.

no offence dude what u said is complete crap, ok
    LOL.

I like this one the best:

Xiao Yao Pai arts in action were described as exquisite and elegant, like a fluttering butterfly or fairy in motion. Can you imagine Xiao Feng doing that?

Indeed I cannot imagine the #1 Yang Gang hero flapping in butterfly motion.

Even then, the XYP folks mostly sat home and massaged their egos. Nobody knew about XYP kungfus. That does say something, doesn't it ?
    I don't think being seclusive says anything about the advancement of the martial arts.

I also don't think the 3 Elders were exceptions. Just think, their teacher must have been AWESOME! And the teacher's teacher, etc. Are they all exceptions? The martial arts are the key.

They were afraid of something ? Or of someone in some temple ?
    Their teacher -- of course (that is if you buy the Sweeps == Xiao Yao Pai theory)!

These Xiao Yao Pai kungfus, unless you encounter some incredible luck and get crazy inner power boost for free, are near impossible to practice. That alone makes them not very good martial arts.
    But it does make them very ADVANCED martial arts.

I don't disregard Sweeper Monk's praise of "XL18Z, Really is #1 in the world." In my opinion he is referring to its effectiveness, which I will not even try to dispute. It is one of the most effective martial arts out there.

They were in seclusion because LQS and TSTL were both training hard and preparing to kill each other. Hey, and DGKB hid in a cave too. So did FCY. Even DFBB mellowed after getting real powerful. In fact, the top JY fighters in all his books never go round beating people up after they become #1.

And TSTL didn't exactly hide herself. Her Ling Jiu Gong seemed pretty pompous and loud.

But I don't quite buy the WYZ,TSTL and LQS were awesome so their teacher must have been MORE awesome theory. Sure he must have had good ability if he could master all that XYP stuff, but that doesn't make him automatically better then his 3 students.

Look at Wang Jian Tong and Xuan Ku. Both of them at their peak teamed up wouldn't be able to beat their student.

Hmm, and 18DP seems to have the same limitations as the XYP kung fu too. You need good inner energy to power it.

to CC regarding teachers: under normal circumstances, it is logical to assume the teacher to be superior to his students if they know the same skills. If I have been told correctly, the teacher of 3 Elders knew ALL of the martial arts that 3 Elders knew, so in this case it is appropriate to assume he is better.

For Xiao Feng, he is definitely an exception, a born warrior who excels in fighting -- no one can argue about his exceptional ability. But most importantly none of his teachers knew all the skills he knew, so it makes sense that he would surpass them.

true, see if gj only knew 7 freaks skills he would be nothing, and if he only knew 18 dragon palms north beggar would creame him.

It's always something that's uncertained. QQR surpassed his master in martial arts even though they both practices Iron Palm.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by superboy
    It's always something that's uncertained. QQR surpassed his master in martial arts even though they both practices Iron Palm.
    Huh? The previous Iron Palm Sect leader is also a famous wulin fighter.

QQR's teacher was indeed a good and famous fighter, who even fought against the Jin. But I think what superboy wanted to say is that QQR surpassed his teacher in terms of martial arts, and that they both practiced Iron Palms. Of course in terms of patriotism, QQR was way behind his teacher.

This thread has sevearal paradoxes. XF, DY, and XZ became sworn brother after the 3 elders died. If the 3 elders aren't dead, then there woul dbe a very weak XZ.

But if somehow the fight occured, I would think the brothers would win, though not by much. By the end of DGSD, XZ could use about 60% of the 3 elder' energy. Plus DY and XF, the 3 elders would lose.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    this is Indeed like comparing bananas to winter melon, but to put it simply, I just know that between a random Xiao Yao pai skill and 18DP, I would secure the XYP skill for myself
    OK, so given a choice between XYP's Turtle Breathing Skill and Xl18Z, PJ chooses to be able to hold his breath under water.
    Last edited by CC; 12-28-15 at 10:32 AM.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Thankfully we don't live in wulin, where you are obligated to stick to things you said 11 years ago.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Thankfully we don't live in wulin, where you are obligated to stick to things you said 11 years ago.
    We have written contracts for that instead.

No, 11 years is about the time needed for a talented disciple like you to master a XYP skill. So if you chose it 11 years ago, viola! here you are!

Your martial brother now has the #1 Palm under Heaven, but its ok! You can hold your breath under water far longer!

On another note, damn, 11 years of this forum and we still debating the same nerdy shit.

I would only take BMSG or XWXG over 18DP, if it was 18DP or any XYP skill. That is already assuming the 18DP comes with some inner energy instruction that enables usage of all 18 palms.
    Last edited by CC; 12-28-15 at 10:34 AM.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!