Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sworn Brothers vs 3 Xiao Yao Elders

Default Sworn Brothers vs 3 Xiao Yao Elders

this is really interesting imagine if dy,xz,xf were to have a battle royal with the wyz,lqs and tstl who do u think would win.

it would be really interesting consider 5 of them use same kungfu from xiao yao pai.

dy v wyz would be really interesting i wonder who's gonna suk who lol.

Ps: In the novel tian long ba bu does dy ever meet any of the xiao yao elders (ecluding the scene where xz saves young tstl from the bandits and murong fu with him watching) cos i remeber in dgsd 97 he meets i think lqs and tstl and then escaped with his lin bu wei bu.

In the past there was a thread discussing whether or not TSTL could kill XF in one strike. I did not really follow that thread so I can't remember what is the majority decision over this matter. Anyone remember? It may have an impact to this 3 brothers vs 3 elders thread.

Considering that Hui Juk basically *was* the three Siu Yiu Sect Elders (i.e. his martial arts abilities were basically directly transferred from them to him), if you throw in Kiu Fung and Deun Yu too, the sworn brothers should hold the edge on the Elders.

It turned out that the thread is still around: Could Teen San Tung Lo kill Kiu Fung with just one move?

I'm inclined to believe the Elders would win. individually I think only Xuzhu possibly exceeds the martial arts of an elder, but that doesn't mean he can defeat them. over 70 years of practice vs a few months (if I am correct), I just dunno. Duan Yu wouldn't have much of a chance since his internal energy probably isn't higher than an Elder, and he still hasn't mastered any of the skills to great extend. Xiao Feng is great but he would have trouble too.

Is using strategy allowed?
    How hard it is to transfer energy?

If strategy and transfering energy is not allowed or hard to perform, then I don't see anyway of winning against the elders.
    But if otherwise, then the 3 brothers would win.

See, among the 3 brothers, no doubt XF has the best talent, experience and fighting spirit. I believe XF is the prodigy of this generation. The martial art techniques he has are not inferior to those of Xiaoyao elders. That means the elders only have internal energy as their edge against XF.
    If XZ can transfer half of his internal energy to XF, then feel free to devise any strategy. Just imagine, XF with all his original attributes, plus gaining that awesome amount of internal energy...
    There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot.
    Plato

The martial art techniques [XF] has are not inferior to those of Xiaoyao elders
    No?

Xiao Feng mainly uses 18 Dragon Palms. Besides that, he has some advanced shaolin martial arts.

But I don't think any of them can compare to the mega cutting-edge martial arts of Xiao Yao pai. I mean stuff like Life-Death Projectile, Lightness Wave Steps, Northern Ocean Divine Arts, and Soul-Searching skill really stand out from the "ordinary" techniques, in my opinion.

I think the elders would be slightly strongers than the sworn brothers.
    It's true 3 elders ~XZ, however in terms of experience, XZ probably just like a baby compare what the elders got.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

i don't think xz = 3 elders, maybe in chi but if we consider technicques wise has in how perfected it isxz is nothing.

and why do people always disregard dy, at the end of the novel his so much stringer then when he was at shaolin.

But I don't think any of them can compare to the mega cutting-edge martial arts of Xiao Yao pai. I mean stuff like Life-Death Projectile, Lightness Wave Steps, Northern Ocean Divine Arts, and Soul-Searching skill really stand out from the "ordinary" techniques, in my opinion.
    I recall XL18Z is written as the most Yang gongfu in JY universe. Whether JY is in sober state or stoned when he write that, I don't know, but I take it that he included every arts existed there for comparison.
    So, based on that, I do think XL18Z, technique-wise is not inferior to the elders' arts.
    There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot.
    Plato

I agree with SS. Hong Lung 18 Palms was one of the greatest martial arts skills in the Jin Yong universe; it was no garden-variety martial art no matter what you compare it to. In the hands of a master like Kiu Fung, I doubt it would look embarrassing even next to the Siu Yiu Elders' martial arts.

Originally posted by SolidSnake
    I recall XL18Z is written as the most Yang gongfu in JY universe. Whether JY is in sober state or stoned when he write that, I don't know, but I take it that he included every arts existed there for comparison.
    So, based on that, I do think XL18Z, technique-wise is not inferior to the elders' arts.
    Well, to me the most Yang technique means no more than the most poisonous technique. It doesn't convey the same impression as, say, the most "Advanced" technique.

I dunno. I just don't think XL18Z can compare to Xiao Yao Pai martial arts overall (if we consider elegance, advancement, and toughness to master). But maybe I'm wrong.

Help me out: which kung fu manuals did Jiumuozhi AND/OR Murong Fu desparately search for? I remember for sure 6MSJ and YJJ. Did it also include XL18Z?

Originally posted by PJ
    Help me out: which were the kung fu manuals Jiumuozhi desparately searched for? I remember for sure 6MSJ and YJJ. Did it also include XL18Z?
    No, but that's because unlike 6 Mak Divine Swords and Yik Gun Ging, Hong Lung 18 Palms did not exist in a textual form for Kau Mor Tze to steal. The only way to get Hong Lung 18 Palms would be to force Kiu Fung to teach it to him, which would be impossible even for Kau Mor Tze.

In the Siu Yiu Sect's martial arts library, there were several missing items, much to the sect's regret: among these were 6 Mak Divine Swords, 1 Yeung Finger Technique, Hong Lung 18 Palms, and Beat Dog Stick Technique.

Originally posted by PJ
    Well, to me the most Yang technique means no more than the most poisonous technique. It doesn't convey the same impression as, say, the most "Advanced" technique.

I dunno. I just don't think XL18Z can compare to Xiao Yao Pai martial arts overall (if we consider elegance, advancement, and toughness to master). But maybe I'm wrong.

Help me out: which kung fu manuals did Jiumuozhi AND/OR Murong Fu desparately search for? I remember for sure 6MSJ and YJJ. Did it also include XL18Z?
    Agree.
    XL18Z, although not inferior to the elders' arts, at TLBB era has not reached it advanced state. Only when GJ incorporated using 9YJZ did XL18Z become advanced (with all the attribute you mentioned above).
    Plato

I think XL18Z is pretty advance. It doesn't have exquisiteness in it or anything, but it is yang-ness to the most extreme in JY's world. Plus, it doesn't need those since it's intention is to not concerning on trickery or anything, but chose simplest stances as the best way. H7G mentioned that the way to beat HYS's LYSJZ is to no to try to figure out which moves are real and which ones are trickery, buy just pulling out a powerful move, which automatically make all the exquisite stances useless. The version in ROCH was able to take it up to a level and conserve energy, but XF's XL18Z isn't any weaker in power. I think what XL18Z doesn't have that XY pai have are techniques are many varities of techniques. But it really depends on the user sometime since they choses the moves to make with HL18Z outside of the original 18 stances.
    Last edited by superboy; 07-15-04 at 05:15 AM.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Well, the #1 fighter in all JY stories did praise the Dragon Palms to a high degree. So it can't be some low brow I club em hard as heck skill.

You can't use the fact that it is a direct and straightforward attacking skill to say that it is not advanced. The Heavy Iron Sword technique of DGKB was considered to be a very advanced technique in its own way.

Originally posted by CC
    ...the fact that it is a direct and straightforward attacking skill...
    Well there it is: on a purely personal level, I prefer more sophisticated, unconventional techniques. But, like we all know, XL18Z is very powerful in general.

Another thing is, if we imagine XF mastered (any) Xiao Yao Pai martial arts instead of XL18Z, I myself would think his power would receive a nice boost. If these arts made Xiao Yao elders such elites, they would make XF even better.

However imagine the xiao yao elders instead learned XL18Z. Would they be as great as they are now? I doubt it.

But a large contribution to why the elders are so strong are their high internal energy. We also can't really compare XL18Z to XY pai's arts, because they have a lot of different techniques, and XL18Z is only one.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

well, earlier I mentioned toughness to master as one indication I believe that Xiao Yao pai martial arts are generally more sophisticated than XL18Z. The techniques are powered by internal energy, so they are tied together. The fact that Xiao Yao martial arts require more internal energy to master should show their advancement,

This has nothing to do with effectiveness of the techniques, of course.