Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Shen Xiao Hai

Hi Lady Zhuge,

I haven't seen the "New Reincarnation"/½π²ΟΛΏΣκ, I read the comments in the thread (in CHina Production) that the fighting is not very good, too much cheap CGI. I did post a question about SXH in that thread, don't think anyone answer me 8-(

Do let me know if the "Western Chamber" is good, don't hink I will ever watch it but I'd really like to know what the story is about and how it compares with the TVB version.

Yeah, it's weird that he is listed in Smart Kid but not in HGZ, what were they thinking?? I believe that if more people watch HGZ, he will definitely become more well know outside China.... just like NY.

Hiya tinac,

I just browsed through the New Reincarnation thread. Like you said, it appears that the CG was just "too much". Also, no one except you mentioned anything about Shen Xiao Hai's role in there! I'm as obsessed as you were about two weeks ago. Well, maybe moreso.

I'll be sure to let you know what I think of 西厢记 after I watch it. Please be patient.

For some reason, NY just doesn't do a thing for me. I keep seeing his pics everywhere, but...nothing. Shen Xiao Hai on the other hand...

All I have to say is...if you're going to be evil, please look like Xiao Hai while doing so:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www28.brinkster.com/shenxiaohai/images/photo/dramas/P013.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://home.pchome.com.tw/net/cat200244/photo/t-3.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://home.pchome.com.tw/net/cat200244/photo/m.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://home.pchome.com.tw/net/cat200244/photo/n.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://home.pchome.com.tw/net/cat200244/photo/o.jpg')

Photo credits to

望海潮 and
    http://home.pchome.com.tw/net/cat200244/index.htm
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 07-28-04 at 08:12 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

hey Lady Khuge!
    what? you haven't watched Smart Kid yet? then you should definitely watched it you know, its quite good actually.
    hey, looking at those pics of him, i just realized that that suave cool Wang Yue is him!!! woah, i really liked that guy even though he is the main villain, i actually ended up rooting for him instead of Dicky in the end. hehe, now i know that that guy is Shen Xiao Hai! hmm! interesting find.
    i watched it way back in 2002 i think, so can't remember much of it, but i do seem to remember that Li bing bing's character seems to have a crush on him at first before falling for Dicky, but then Shen loves that girl who is loved by Nie Yuan, the future emperor in the story, i think the girl chose Nie Yuan and became the empress. hehe.
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

Hi Jenny!

I know, I know. Now everyone is telling me to watch Smart Kid. I will, once I order it. Xiao Hai's the main villain, eh? Yay. Is he the main villain in A Chinese Ghost Story as well?
    Haha, you rooted against Dicky in the end? I wonder if I'm going to have that problem too.
    The girl went for Nie Yuan? That's her loss, then.
    Yep, now you know the actor's name and can get more of his series.

Tinac, have you finished Hua Gu Zi yet or is it still set aside 'cause of your latest BYJ craze?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www28.brinkster.com/shenxiaohai/images/photo/dramas/P006.jpg')

Photo credit to: 望海潮
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    Tinac, have you finished Hua Gu Zi yet or is it still set aside 'cause of your latest BYJ craze?
    He..he...he ... guilty as charged. Still obsessed with BYJ, will try to finish HGZ this weekend.

Oh, I don't like that girl in Smart Kid. I think she is the Japanese girl in Nicky Wu's Treasure Venture(?). Can't stand her regardless of the shows. She can be the good or bad person for all I care, just don't like her look... just put me off, I think she looks kinda anoying.

Originally posted by tinac
    He..he...he ... guilty as charged. Still obsessed with BYJ, will try to finish HGZ this weekend.
    Yeah, don't wait too long, or else you might forget what happened earlier in the show. Besides, you've got to help me revive the Hua Gu Zi discussion thread later.
    I only have 3 more episodes to go.

Oh, I don't like that girl in Smart Kid. I think she is the Japanese girl in Nicky Wu's Treasure Venture(?). Can't stand her regardless of the shows. She can be the good or bad person for all I care, just don't like her look... just put me off, I think she looks kinda anoying.
    She's a Japanese actress or she just played a Japanese girl in Treasure Venture? In any case, I have no clue who you're referring to.
    I personally think that Li Bing Bing looks kind of annoying.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

She's a Japanese actress or she just played a Japanese girl in Treasure Venture? In any case, I have no clue who you're referring to.
    I personally think that Li Bing Bing looks kind of annoying.
    Nah, she is Chinese playing a Japenese girl, Nicky Wu's shi jie .. the girl who was obsessed with him and kept making misunderstanding b/w Nicky and Vicki Zhao... Hey, Nicky and Vicky ... how freaky is that ...8-)

Actually both Bing Bings (Li and Fang) are annoying, methinks they are not very good actresses.

to Tinac:
    hey!!! i happen to be a very devoted fan of Fan Bing Bing you know! you have mortally wounded me!!! haha! just kidding.
    but you can go on saying that to Li Bing Bing for all i care, coz i really don't like her too. haha! am i biased to my idol or what?
    really? that Japanese girl obsessed with Nicky Wu in Treasure Venture is Li Bing Bing? wow, i watched Treasure Venture and didn't realized that! hmm, interesting find again!
    hey, how come you guys don't like FBB? is it becoz of HGG? come on! give her a break! she was like, 16-17 back then and it was her first series you know, and she plays a character that is a bit annoying coz she fights with Vicki Zhao, but that's just a role!
    you should see her in Qin Shi Huang with Zhang Feng Yi, Ping Zong Xia Ying and Tian Yi Sheng Shui! she is very good in there! oh, see also Feng Xiao Gang's Cellphone. she is very very good in there too!

Nah, she is Chinese playing a Japenese girl, Nicky Wu's shi jie .. the girl who was obsessed with him and kept making misunderstanding b/w Nicky and Vicki Zhao... Hey, Nicky and Vicky ... how freaky is that ...8-)
    Oh, I see. Thanks for the clarification.
    Nicky and Vicky, eh? Too bad Dicky isn't in the show. Then that would be really freaky.

For the record, I do not hate Fan Bing Bing or find her annoying. Granted, I've only seen her in the first episode of HZGG and I thought she was pretty cute. I haven't had a chance to finish the rest of the drama yet, though. What role does she play in Qin Shi Huang? I haven't finished that show either.

Okay, back to Xiao Hai. Someone told me that 西厢记 is a dull love story. I still want to see it, though.
    I finished watching Hua Gu Zi. I knew he wouldn't end up with HGZ, but at least he didn't end up alone. That lucky little sunflower demon...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://home.pchome.com.tw/net/cat200244/PHOTOHGZ/f001.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://home.pchome.com.tw/net/cat200244/PHOTOHGZ/f010.jpg')

Photos courtesy of: http://home.pchome.com.tw/net/cat200244/index.htm
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Originally posted by Jenny_shiny
    to Tinac:
    hey!!! i happen to be a very devoted fan of Fan Bing Bing you know! you have mortally wounded me!!! haha! just kidding.
    but you can go on saying that to Li Bing Bing for all i care, coz i really don't like her too. haha! am i biased to my idol or what?
    really? that Japanese girl obsessed with Nicky Wu in Treasure Venture is Li Bing Bing? wow, i watched Treasure Venture and didn't realized that! hmm, interesting find again!
    Whoa ... backtrack.... LBB is in "Smart Kid" but not in "Treasure Venture", she is not that "Japanese" girl. There were 2 thread of conversation... we were talking about 2 shows and didn't make that clarification.

hey, how come you guys don't like FBB? is it becoz of HGG? come on! give her a break! she was like, 16-17 back then and it was her first series you know, and she plays a character that is a bit annoying coz she fights with Vicki Zhao, but that's just a role!
    you should see her in Qin Shi Huang with Zhang Feng Yi, Ping Zong Xia Ying and Tian Yi Sheng Shui! she is very good in there! oh, see also Feng Xiao Gang's Cellphone. she is very very good in there too!
    OK, both are OK. Actually, I've watched many of their shows but ... BTW, do you realized FBB acts as a princess in at least 4 shows?

This is off the topic but I read in the China Production forum that Gao Hu is casted to play Huo Du in the new ROCH.

I thought SXH would make a better one, at least he is better looking than GH ... Huo Du is supposed to be evil and suave, you know good looking bad guy... Gao Hu is just not goodlooking no matter how you look at him.

Tinac, that's not off-topic at all, considering Li Bing Bing and Fan Bing Bing have even been brought into this thread.

Yeah, I read the news just now as well. I'm not familiar with Huo Du since I've never watched any adaptation of ROCH before. If he's supposed to be a handsome but evil guy, I'm actually surprised that Xiu Qing isn't being cast, since he was chosen as Murong Fu and Ouyang Ke in DGSD 2003 and LOCH 2002, respectively. Of course I was being sarcastic there since I don't find Xiu Qing handsome at all. That just goes to show that their casting isn't always accurate. They sometimes consistently miscast the wrong people. It's not like good-looking and talented actors aren't out there *cough*ShenXiaoHaiandQiaoZhenYu*cough*. Are they even given a chance? I mean, ZJZ isn't even going to hold auditions for the Huo Du part!!!
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 08-02-04 at 12:12 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

haha! sorry! i guess i sounded too defensive! but i am just reacting the way Zhao Wei's fans would react... hahaha! after all, we fans can get very defensive about their idols...
    yes tinac, i realized that, but thats not her fault, she is very beautiful thats why directors like to cast her in those roles you know, but lately she is slowly breaking away from that mold, i repeat: see Feng Xiao Gang's movie Cellphone. you will be shocked!
    to Lady Khuge!
    i agree with you. ZJZ, wherever you are, pls consider holding an audition rather than simply casting actors into that role! and China's abound with handsome, suave actors! hehe! like SXH and Qiao Zhen Yu! haha! these guys really make me melt!

Jenny, it's perfectly understandable when fans jump to defend their favorite thespians. Even if no one changes their stance (which seems to be the case most of the time), at least it still makes you feel better for having said something.

Has anyone ever watched Xiao Hai in a modern series before? He looks very handsome in these pics:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://home.pchome.com.tw/net/cat200244/photo/6.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://home.pchome.com.tw/net/cat200244/photo/5.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://home.pchome.com.tw/net/cat200244/photo/9.jpg')

Photos courtesy of http://home.pchome.com.tw/net/cat200244/index.htm and 望海潮
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 08-03-04 at 08:31 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

uh, lady khuge, tinac, i hope you're not angry at me! i am sorry for being too defensive. won't happen again!
    hmmm, no lady khuge, i haven't seen him in a modern one before, but he sure looks good.... hmm, do you know what the title of the series is?

Are their really gonna re-make Romance of three kingdome ? because i heard that John Woo is interest making one with Yun-Fat .....anyway sorry to be off topic....i dont really know him but he sound intresting...

Hi Jenny! I'm not offended at all, and I doubt that tinac is either. She's just too busy soaking in BYJ's essence to post in this thread much anymore.

The title of the series is 雷霆縱橫, or Lei Ting Zong Heng . I'm not good at recognizing traditional Chinese characters, so the last two are just my guess. Maybe someone who knows for sure can correct me. Much appreciated. [EDIT]: The correct pinyin has been confirmed, much thanks to CAT. It came out in 2001.

Originally posted by Wuzixi
    Are their really gonna re-make Romance of three kingdome ? because i heard that John Woo is interest making one with Yun-Fat .....anyway sorry to be off topic....i dont really know him but he sound intresting...
    Hey, are you a fan of Wu Zixu from the Spring and Autumn era? I am!

I heard from a friend of mine that mainland China is planning on remaking 3 of the 4 major classics, starting with SGYY. I don't know where he heard this from, though, so I don't have any details beyond that right now. Just with planning...I wonder how long that will take?

Don't you think that Xiao Hai would make a great Zhao Yun? He certainly has the build, the face and the talent to pull off the role flawlessly. Plus, he loves horses and riding them, which would be quite an asset in filming this epic.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 08-05-04 at 09:09 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi Jenny! I'm not offended at all, and I doubt that tinac is either. She's just too busy soaking in BYJ's essence to post in this thread much anymore.
    Aw... now I feel guilty for neglecting SXH. I am always lurking in this thread, just didn't post anything .. 8-)

Jenny, Lady Zhuge is right. Of course, I am not offended. Life is too short to take offence on other people's opinion. Afterall, it's opinion ... I don't want to be opinionated.

So, are you guys going to watch "New Reincarnated"? SXH looks dashing is there. BTW, I've seen Qi Xia Wu Shi, the char that SXH acted in there is not like other chars that he acted before. He is a coward and a bootlicker in that show. Of course, he redeemed himself towards the end.... OK, I actually didn't watch the whole after I realized his char does not have big role in the series, just went straight to the last 2 discs.

Oh, I am still obsessed with BYJ ... he he he .... I'm sure this will pass, it'd just take some time.

Haha, I'm sure that Xiao Hai will understand that you only lurked without posting because you're too occupied obsessing about another man.

I plan on ordering Ji Ling Xiao Zi and that Western Chamber movie from yesasia soon. New Reincarnated will have to wait for now. I agree that he looks hot in there, though. I still can't believe that Xiao Hai didn't make any impression on anyone who posted in that thread.
    I can't imagine Xiao Hai in a cowardly role. He just doesn't look the type at all. Did he pull it off well, though?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Haha, I'm sure that Xiao Hai will understand that you only lurked without posting because you're too occupied obsessing about another man.
    Ha ha, sure hope so .... trying to wean myself of BYJ, but it's kind of hard since I have a few of his series and always popping one to my laptop to watch him when I got the craving ...

I plan on ordering Ji Ling Xiao Zi and that Western Chamber movie from yesasia soon. New Reincarnated will have to wait for now. I agree that he looks hot in there, though. I still can't believe that Xiao Hai didn't make any impression on anyone who posted in that thread.
    I can't imagine Xiao Hai in a cowardly role. He just doesn't look the type at all. Did he pull it off well, though?
    Hm, maybe he is not impressive in that show?

His role in "Qi Xia Wu Yi" is really a departure from his usual role. He is more lively in there but he is not the main char so he does not have many scenes. At least I don't think he got many, but I didn't watch the whole thing. But, yeah he pulls it off.