Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Shen Xiao Hai

In the "Wu Yan Nu" thread, Creidesca said that Xiao Hai plays the main antagonist who is the illegitimate half brother of the lead guy and he is obsessed with Wu Yan Nu. I would be interested to know more details about what Xiao Hai's character in there is like. Is he a smart bad guy like Ning Wang or kind of dumb like Jin Guang? What were some of his "best" moments? Did he have any girls interested in him? Does he have any sidekicks? Why did he get slapped five times in that one scene? What happened to him in the end? Sorry for all these questions, but I'm kind of curious now too.
    hehe..maybe I can help with your curiousity? but SPOILERS (if you plan on watching wu yan nu, don't read)-----------------

ok, the major jest of the story is---his mom was the third person in the main guy's parents' marriage, and his dad liked Xiao Hai's mom (in the series) more...so he always deserted the main guy's mom (who I think is a *****, no matter what she had to go through) to be w/ Xiao Hai and his mom.....then his parents got killed in an accident since they were trying to leave after main guy's mom wouldn't let Xiao Hai's mom be in the family...so he grew up as an orphan w/ his grandmother and was pretty much a sad little kid. Hence, he grew up hating the Xu family (main guy's family) for causing him pain and agony.

Personally, I think he is kind of dumb in this show since his so-called love for wu yuan nu blinds him away from logic. At first, he is nice and just kind of discouraged and not self-confident, but after a while, he just becomes mesmerized into a revenge plot/I must everything that is supposed to be mine back type of mode. I hate guys who get all obsessive, cuze then they just become possessed and stupid.

Unfortunately and unlogically in my opinion , no girls were interested in him, not even wu yan nu. She only thought of him as a friend since he never professed his love for her.

He did do some dirty things in there, i.e. making it look like wu yan nu's maid slept w/ her husband, tricking people into giving him the secret recipe or something like that, making wu yan nu look bad, i.e. having an affair w/ him when she looooooved her husband, etc etc...

generally, the end is annoying cuze he dies and all of a sudden realizes how he oh-ever-so wrong, and is remorseful.

Uh, what else....oh yea, he got slapped cuze of the main guy's *****y mom who wouldn't believe that he was telling the truth about the main guy's uncle's wife sleeping with another guy....since the uncle was also his uncle who was also his adoptive father. So the *****y mom refused to believe him and pretty much just took out her anger on him.

Thank you so much for all those details, 999roses!!! If I were to watch this serial, I'd probably just fast forward to the scenes involving Xiao Hai. I didn't realize until just now that Qiu Xin Zhi plays the main guy in here. Why is it that Xiao Hai's character always has to play second fiddle to his character when it comes to the leading ladies?

What's going on in this scene?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.xinhuanet.com/ent/2003-08/05/xin_9277be843aca46f6a2e6d20bf56b07b8.jpg')

Xiao Hai looks very angry about something and the woman looks like she wants to be slapped.

Oh yeah, and how does Xiao Hai's character die in this show?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

SPOILERS

hmm...darn I skipped that part, it was probably during the middle...but seeing it looks like it's at a funeral, probably either the uncle's funeral or his dirty wife's (the cheating one) oh yea..his uncle is also a ennuch.

oh yea, he dies cuze main guy (I can't remember his name)'s second wife told on him for forging a copy of the "long pao" (the dowager Ci Xi's robe thing) and selling it to foreigners. So he got executed. At first, he wanted the main guy to die w/ him and fabricated all these lies, but afterwards, his consciousness apparently came back and he admitted to soley doing everything. But they made it seem like his death was all "worthwhile" and "sentimental".

The woman is the main guy's mom...I don't like her character for being so stubborn and selfish, but I think that her acting is ok. Although she repeats the role from another series--wu tong yu where there is a strikingly similar plot (but there's a different villain and girl, but same main guy/mom).

halu guys!!!
    hmm, i personally agree with what FaMoonLau has been saying about Nie Yuan's character in Smart Kid. he is just basically a weakling in there!!! he got on my nerves when i watched that series! and frankly, its good SXH did not end up with anyone in the series, there's not one girl in there that would have fitted him, sigh... i felt bad in the ending though!
    hmm, regarding his age, why would he want to keep it a secret? i don't get it, pls explain Lady khuge!
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

I'm surprised that the characters aren't dressed in white for a funeral, but I think you're right, it does appear to be one because of all the white decorations in the background.

So it seems like Xiao Hai's character isn't just a one-dimensional evil one, since he does have a conscience. Does he cry at the end when he finally gives up? It's so sad when he cries. Did QXZ end up with Wu Yan Nu? Here's kind of a tough question since you didn't watch the whole thing, but do give it your best shot. About what percentage of the serial would you estimate Xiao Hai to have been a part of? 5%? 10%? 25%? More? Less? Thank you again for taking your time to answer my questions.

Maybe "Wu Tong Yu" is a sister serial of "Wu Yan Nu", kind of like how "Huang Tai Zi Mi Shi" and "Xiao Zhuang Mi Shi" are sister series where they reuse many of the same actors and actresses in similar settings, but in different roles?

Jenny: I'm not Xiao Hai, so I don't know why his real age is such a big secret. If I were to speculate...well, for one thing, there's always something about a mystery that keeps the audience interested and talking, just like we're doing now. For an entertainer, that's usually a good thing. Age might also limit an actor's roles? Who knows, your guess is as good as mine.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

hehe...no problemo Lady Zhuge, always good to procrastinate on stuff I need to do by spending time on spcnet

SPOILERS

anyhow, yup it was sad when he cried, though I still didn't like the fact that his character wasn't smart. And of course, everyone loves happy endings, so this is a typical cheap happy ending where Wu Yan Nu gets together w/ main guy, and evil dude, poor Xiao Hai, dies for his "sinful deeds". The main guy's second wife also dies by committing suicide to save them---ah how tragic.

I would make a very rough estimate. He's in the series throughout, but his general screen time compared to everyone else would be around 30%-50% I would say.....it's still mainly about the other main cast, i.e. wu yan nu, main guy, the mom, main guy's second wife. He may have equal time as the main guy's second wife, but less than the other ppl. I mentioned.

I doubt it would be a sister series to wu tong yu, since those usually have a different storyline, but this one just literally copied the exact plot but plugged it into a different time period/theme, occasionally adding some fluorishes.

Wow, what a wealth of information! Thanks 999roses for the spoiler on 'Wu Yan Nu'. Xiao Hai's character did not get the girl and got executed at the end! That's too sad.

My bad, Lady Zhuge. Thank you for correcting me about Di Ren Jie and his wife/love interest. Guess I was totally confused about what that article I said. Little knowledge (of chinese) can be dangerous especially when you combine it with a fading memory. hehe Ning Jing definitely does not look like Wang Xue Bing's mom. I wonder how Wang Xue Bing looks like in this show. Hope they do a better job with his costume. Do you think they dress Xiao Hai in that stupid outfit to make him look young? I don't think SXH looked that old in HGZ. Don't you think he looked about 25 in that serie?

I don't like NY as emperor Qian Long in 'Tian Xia Liang Chang' either. The character was kind of wimpy/too emotional. IMO, the best actor for Qian Long is probably Zhang Tie Lin. Wonder how Xiao Hai does as the emperor in 'Yi Lian You Meng'. Anyone know if the serie will be released soon?

Thank you, thank you, Lady Zhuge for taking the time to answer my questions! It is agony knowing that the resources are out there, but not being able to understand them! Perhaps it's time that I re-learn some Chinese, LOL.

I don't know which of Xiao Hai's serials I'm interested in besides “Wu Yan Nu”. I guess all of them. <g> My only impressions of the others come from the photos in the various Chinese sites. The one where he looks utterly evil with a streak of white hair and an elaborate white historical costume looks kind of interesting. I don't know why he always gets the evil roles, but I guess he sure makes a yummy looking villain sometimes. One series (or is it a movie?) that I'm rather curious about is “Xi Xiang Ji” because Xiao Hai seems to be the *main* character in it, and not even an evil one. Has anyone seen it?

The “Wu Yan Nu” picture that you asked about in a previous post looks like the scene either before or after Xiao Hai's character got slapped 5 times by Xu fu-ren (the mother of Qiu Xin Zhi's character). But I'm not at all positive about my guess since I don't own the series and saw the slapping scene many weeks ago.

Xiao Hai actually plays a rather big part in “Wu Yan Nu”, so I was really surprised that there was no picture of him in the cover of the series box set. His name was also omitted from the artist listing for this series at Yesasia.com. I missed the first few episodes, but based on what I've seen I'd say that Xiao Hai shows up almost as often as the two main characters, probably about 70 percent of the whole thing. His character dies only about 15 minutes before the end of the very last episode. In my opinion his role is more vital to the story than the Wu Yan Nu herself, who is quite one-dimensional. Her sole importance seems to be that she exists and is fought over by the two brothers. She doesn't do much to move the story along. It is basically Xiao Hai's character that stirs things up. I'd say that his character is intellectually smart but emotionally dumb. Although his is not the starring role, the story seems really to be about his character development, how he goes downhill, becomes obsessed with revenge and crazed with hatred and jealousy, and then finally a sort of redemption and epiphany during his final scenes. Or maybe I only want to interpret the story this way. On the other hand, the two starring characters by Qiu Xin Zhi and Pan Yi Jun are pretty much the same throughout the entire thing.

About his age -- I do understand why actors may not want their age to be disclosed. (Though I still wonder why blood type information is made so accessible by comparison..) But I like to speculate. Based on what I've read in this thread, I'd say he can't be much more than 10 years older than Ning Jing who, if I recall correctly, was born in 1972.

~tristine

Oops! I posted my message and then realize that I've answered questions that someone else has already answered. Didn't mean to repeat!

~tristine

999roses, haha, I love your sarcasm! I guess Xiao Hai's character couldn't be *too* smart, otherwise he might actually outsmart the protagonist and win. Do they show him being put to death, or is it just him being led away with tears streaming down his face or something at the end?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://shenxiaohai.com/zp/W24.jpg')

Qiu Xin Zhi is cute, but Shen Xiao Hai is HOT!!! If anyone wants to compare the shape of their heads, feel free...

FaMoonLau, here is a pic of Wang Xue Bing as Situ Jian, a character who is supposed to be 19 years of age:

http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/d/2004...0728110428.jpg

Frankly, he looks at least 30 to me and not very interesting at all. The costume is more fancy than Xiao Hai's, but that doesn't take much. Especially after seeing that pic, I can't imagine Ning Jing as his mom at all. I couldn't find a picture of Ning Jing in costume, though.
    Yeah, I didn't think Xiao Hai looked old as TZ, except maybe a tiny bit when he cried, but that's usually the case with everyone. 25 is a good estimate. Is it a possibility that's what some bodyguards during the Tang dynasty actually wore? I mean, I'm pretty ignorant in that department, so I don't know. Quite frankly though, none of the outfits on any of the characters look very attractive. The colors and patterns seem all mismatched.

I agree! Zhang Tie Lin makes such a great Qianlong, even though he really looks nothing like the historical Qianlong from paintings that I've seen. It's just that he's played Qianlong in so many different series and is so darn good at it.

I haven't heard any word about when "Yi Lian You Meng" will be released. How soon after filming is complete that series are usually broadcast or released for viewing?

It was my pleasure, tristinixie. Thanks for sharing your views on "Wu Yan Nu" and providing us with info about it as well. You didn't really repeat anything, because it's nice to hear from different perspectives. Xiao Hai just makes being evil look so darn easy (just one small squint or sideways glance), but he has shown that he can do just as well in "good guy" roles too.

EVIL (and scary!):

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www28.brinkster.com/shenxiaohai/images/photo/dramas/P012.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www28.brinkster.com/shenxiaohai/images/photo/dramas/P014.jpg')

NICE and CALM (not necessarily the role, but rather, the facial expression):

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://picd.net/yoyochen/Y_10870244247.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.justdn.org/photo/albums/616/1093149345_0.jpg')

"Xi Xiang Ji" is a movie starring Xiao Hai. I plan on buying it along with "Ji Ling Xiao Zi". Have you seen the pics of Xiao Hai in it here? Have you visited the Liao Zhai - Hua Gu Zi thread in the China series section? There's lots of good info, discussion and juicy Tao Zui pics in there. Xiao Hai plays a significant part in that show too (as Tao Zui), but he's not listed as an actor in it at yesasia either. That is just really pathetic and deceiving.
    The difference between age and blood type is that age can affect one's roles and have baring on one's appearance and how other people view a person (all of which are very important to an actor) whereas blood type is just nowhere as intriguing, sort of like blood pressure or maybe history of heart disease in the family. This is just my own view on it, anyway.

The astrological charts you spoke of earlier sound interesting. Can you go into more detail about your "experiment", if it's not too personal?

Cute pic of Xiao Hai posing with Mei Tian and Jason Wu Jing, his co-stars in "The New Reincarnation":

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images.netandtv.com/picture/pic2004-8-19/200481923218152.jpg')
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

haha ladyzhuge, no tears streaming down his face, though we both know it would be awesome to watch if he did muhahaha
    actually, maybe I remembered wrong...perhaps he wasn't crying when he was being executed, but rather the day before in the jail cell when he was "bonding" with his half-brother and sharing woe stories..awwww
    It was actually one of those scenes where the villain is "happy" that he has the love of everyone he was mean to, and therefore can contently go on and die...and nope, it's more of a family show, so no showing of him dying....(ha trying to trick us that death is such a peaceful thing when a big knife is going to cut your head off)

and tristinixie, I liked reading your views on wu yan nu...like ladyzhuge said, good to have different perspectives

I woulda thought the guy was in his late 20s or early 30s....wow he sure doesn't age fast.

So anyone watched "Yi Lian You Meng"? I'm curious to see how Tao Hong was in it...since I always see her acting in "innocent, kind of dumb" roles, so it'll be interesting to see her act evil for once. She's a good pick since Ci Xi wasn't pretty, but no offense to anyone who likes it, since her acting is pretty good...above some of the so-called prettier actresses. The emperor Xiao Hai acts is pretty ignorant, right? After all, he did fall into Ci Xi's claws.

Hi 999roses! Maybe they made it a sentimental ending because Xiao Hai showed that he had a conscience by not taking Qiu Xin Zhi down with him. It's probably a good thing they didn't show poor Xiao Hai being executed.

Is it just me or does Xiao Hai appear to be getting younger (not literally, of course )? I'm mostly comparing his pics from the modern serial "Xia Ri Lian Yu Lu" which came out in 1998 and those from HGZ, which came out this year.

Even though "Yi Lian You Meng" is done filming, I don't think it's out yet. Does it look interesting to you?
    Yeah, the emperor probably isn't very bright, which is too bad. Xiao Hai's intelligent face won't be utilized to the max. Does anyone know much about this emperor historically? Was he basically Ci Xi's puppet? From the pics in the serial, it looks like a romance-centered tale.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    "Xi Xiang Ji" is a movie starring Xiao Hai. I plan on buying it along with "Ji Ling Xiao Zi". Have you seen the pics of Xiao Hai in it here? Have you visited the Liao Zhai - Hua Gu Zi thread in the China series section? There's lots of good info, discussion and juicy Tao Zui pics in there. Xiao Hai plays a significant part in that show too (as Tao Zui), but he's not listed as an actor in it at yesasia either. That is just really pathetic and deceiving.
    Thanks for the link to the Xi Xiang Ji pictures. I visited the Liao Zhai - Hua Gu Zi thread, and now I'm very interested in seeing it. I really loved the pictures as well.

The astrological charts you spoke of earlier sound interesting. Can you go into more detail about your "experiment", if it's not too personal?
    I use to dabble with astrology, and collecting the birth data of famous persons is just a habit that I can't seem to quit. Basically I want to see whether there really are any connections between personality/physical appearance and planetary positions. I don't see any solid connections to personality, but there may be some loose correlations to physical appearance. Each zodiac sign seems to have a "look" (or several looks). For instance, I thought the Hong Kong and Taiwanese stars Jordan Chan and Richie Ren kind of looked similar somehow. When I drew up their birthcharts later, it turned out that they both had strong Cancerian elements.

Based on Xiao Hai's looks, I kind of guessed he was a Libra before I knew his birthday was October 5. There's something about the eyes and cheekbones. Also, in certain angles his face reminded me faintly of Ekin Cheng and Jimmy Lin (who are both "double Librans"). But there is a certain "intensity" and "sharpness" (don't know if these are the best words) about him that neither Ekin nor Jimmy has. I want to know what kind of "look" this is, but unfortunately for me (though fortunately for Xiao Hai himself, of course ) I can't draw up a birth chart for him because I don't know his year of birth. But assuming that he is 35 this year, the birth chart for October 5, 1969, noon time, has these planetary positions:

Sun: 11 degrees Libra
    Moon: 0 degrees Leo
    Mercury: 0 degrees Libra
    Venus: 14 degrees Virgo
    Mars: 8 degrees Capricorn
    Jupiter: 15 degrees Libra

I don't want to give the impression that I'm an expert though. I can't do readings and predictions, and in my experiment I pay little attention to the ascendant, which is usually considered to be very important. Despite everything I've said, it was probably 99.9% due to luck that I guessed Xiao Hai's sun sign correctly.

~tristine
    Last edited by tristinixie; 08-24-04 at 04:47 PM.

Hi 999roses! Maybe they made it a sentimental ending because Xiao Hai showed that he had a conscience by not taking Qiu Xin Zhi down with him. It's probably a good thing they didn't show poor Xiao Hai being executed.

Is it just me or does Xiao Hai appear to be getting younger (not literally, of course )? I'm mostly comparing his pics from the modern serial "Xia Ri Lian Yu Lu" which came out in 1998 and those from HGZ, which came out this year.

Even though "Yi Lian You Meng" is done filming, I don't think it's out yet. Does it look interesting to you?
    Yeah, the emperor probably isn't very bright, which is too bad. Xiao Hai's intelligent face won't be utilized to the max. Does anyone know much about this emperor historically? Was he basically Ci Xi's puppet? From the pics in the serial, it looks like a romance-centered tale.
    hey =) I guess that ending was their aim, but it just seemed too typical..I mean how many times have we seen that in series/

He does appear to be younger....he certainly doesn't look as old as Ning Jing in my opinion, but maybe cuze women age faster? who knows....

yeah, Yi Lian You Meng seems interesting...I always see a lack of series where Ci Xi was young...there's a lot w/ her son and Zhen Fei, but hardly any w/ her. I would be very disappointed though, if they got rid of all the interesting politics and turned it into some lovely dovey romantic series *gags* Somehow, Tao Hong doesn't look too evil or manipulative in those pictures.

Lady Zhuge, I guess if Wang Xue Bing looks 19 in that picture then it is not to far fetch for Xiao Hai to be 22! I am begining to wonder who picks the cast for this serie. Not very inspiring, IMO. Doesn't the guy who plays Di Ren Jie look about the same age as Wang Xue Bing and Xiao Hai? I don't think the bodyguards for a high ranking official in the Tang dynasty would dress in a cheap looking short sleeve outfit. Weren't they suppose to wear a uniform? Perhaps Tao Gan is an unofficial bodyguard or working under cover. Have you seen other pics of the girls?

I thought a serie is broadcast a couple of months after they finish filming. The editing usually does not take that long unless they have to redo some parts. Why did they pick Tao Hong to play CiXi? CiXi was supposed to be a beauty. Tao Hong is old and not pretty. Some info on Emperor XianFeng, CiXi's husband:

EMPEROR XIANFENG (1831 - 1861; Reigned 1851 - 1861) painting

The Qing dynasty's empire was on the verge of disintegration when Xianfeng assumed the throne. During his reign, China was beset internally by rebellions and externally by conflicts with European powers. When British and French troops occupied Beijing, Xianfeng was forced to flee. His ministers signed the Beijing Convention, signifying China's acceptance of the 1858 Treaties of Tientsin, which he had refused to ratify earlier. He refused to return after they left and died soon afterward in 1861.

Hi everyone!!!

tristinixie, do let us know what you think of "Hua Gu Zi" if and when you watch it. You'll probably be even more into Xiao Hai by then.

Your astrological interpretations seem very complicated. I've always thought the signs had more to do with personality than looks, but you've certainly brought up another aspect. If it's not too much trouble, can you tell me what "facial characteristics" or "look" you've generally observed for the Gemini and Sagittarius signs? Have you done male celebrities only or females as well? Also, what do you mean by "the ascendent"?

I really envy the Xiao Hai fans in China. They're planning on a get-together on his birthday at a locale in Shanghai. I would so love to go, but no such luck.

999roses, yeah, true, there are too many cliche endings these days, but what can you do?

For some reason, Ning Jing still looks pretty young to me. When they tried to make her look old with some white streaks through her hair in "Xiao Zhuang Mi Shi", I laughed.

I'm confused now. You said that Ci Xi isn't supposed to be very pretty, but FaMoonLau says that she's supposed to a beauty. From historical pics of her that I've seen, she looks (maybe due to her age, though). However, as the concubine of an emperor, one would think she had to have some good looks. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    Yeah, Tao Hong looks quite calm in most of the pics. She doesn't have that ruthless or icy look.

FaMoonLau, thanks for the historical information on Emperor Xianfeng. It seems that Ci Xi was his concubine and didn't technically rule China until after his death. Maybe they picked Tao Hong because she was the best out of all the actresses who tried out? Who do you think would have made a better Ci Xi in this serial?

Haha, yeah, although Xiao Hai looks more 22 than WXB looks 19. The actor who plays Di Ren Jie is a pretty popular Hong Kong actor named Bobby Ouyang. He looks about 40 to me. Di Ren Jie is supposed to be 38 years of age, so twice as old as Situ Jian. Thank goodness for the character intros, otherwise we'd be totally lost since we obviously can't trust our own eyes.

The pics of the girls I was referring to are all on this show's sina site: page 2 page 3
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

juZ a question, is Qiu Xin Zhi the guy who plyed Li Mu Bai in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon? hehe, i thought he looks familiar!
    hey Lady Khuge, given a choice, which one would you choose? Qiao Zhen Yu or Shen Xiao Hai?
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

Originally posted by Jenny_shiny
    juZ a question, is Qiu Xin Zhi the guy who plyed Li Mu Bai in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon? hehe, i thought he looks familiar!
    hey Lady Khuge, given a choice, which one would you choose? Qiao Zhen Yu or Shen Xiao Hai?
    Hahaha I believe that decision would be too difficult for her. As for me, I'd go with Qiao Zhen Yu and then Shen Xiao Hai would be after him. But then who knows who these two are after...I have too many favorites BUT I love them all just the same. Hee--hee--hee...

Dang, you fans sure know how to write up a storm....I've been trying to catch up and read what y'all wrote but I think I'd rather start on Page 6 or whereever.

I'll be visiting this thread once in a while when I have time. Hehehe sorry, I'm not the internet junkie like I was before...and it does not mean I'm less of a fan.

HAHA I gotta laugh at what FaMoonLau wrote about being obsessed with Xiao Hai and talking about the shape of his head. There were some parts of this thread that just cracks me up. HAHAHA....you guys are so funny.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Your astrological interpretations seem very complicated. I've always thought the signs had more to do with personality than looks,
    Well, I'm a merciless skeptic and like to test out everything.

but you've certainly brought up another aspect. If it's not too much trouble, can you tell me what "facial characteristics" or "look" you've generally observed for the Gemini and Sagittarius signs?
    Interesting that you ask about these two since they are polar opposites, therefore, naturally complement each other. Or so the saying goes. Each sign has more than one look, but having said that, I find that the "look" I've most often observed for Gemini is a certain "cuddliness", especially in the case of Gemini women, who also tend to be petite. But both the men and women are often very good-looking. Based on my (admittedly limited) collection of birthcharts, some signs do seem to show much higher frequencies of beautiful people than others. (But then "beautiful" is subjective.)

In some ways Sagittarius is Gemini's physical opposite. This sign inclines towards tallness. The face is often rather long, and in the case of Caucasians, the nose can be rather long or big as well. A good example of an Asian Sagittarius is Leon Lai. Not only does his birthchart reveal many planets in Sagittarius...

Sun: 18 degrees Sagittarius
    Moon: 6 degrees Saggitarius
    Mercury: 29 degrees Scorpio (in other words, same as Sagittarius)
    Venus: 26 degrees Sagittarius
    Mars: 3 degrees Libra
    Jupiter: 3 degrees Leo

...but in my opinion he basically has the Sagittarian look.

Have you done male celebrities only or females as well?
    Both.

Also, what do you mean by "the ascendent"?
    The "rising sign" -- i.e. the zodiac sign rising on the eastern horizon during the exact moment of birth. Unlike the Sun sign, which lasts for a period of about 30 days, the Rising sign lasts only for about 1 to 2 hours. So two people born on the same day and year may have a different rising sign if they were born at different times of the day. Traditionally, the Rising sign is believed to be the one that rules physical appearance, but I haven't found that to be true. Also, it's difficult to calculate an accurate rising sign because exact time of birth is often uncertain.

To make this post related to Xiao Hai somehow -- in Western astrology, Librans are most compatible with other Air signs (i.e. Gemini, Aquarius), or Fire signs (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius). The Libra's polar opposite is Aries. The two can be rivals, or they can complement each other. Not that I necessarily believe in any of this, of course. But what I find slightly interesting is that in "Wu Yan Nu", Xiao Hai's character is rivals with Qiu Xin Zhi's. (Are they rivals in "Hua Gu Zi" as well?) And...

Shen Xiao Hai = Sun in Libra
    Qiu Xin Zhi = Sun in Aries

~tristine

Yep, Qiu Xin Zhi is the actor who played Li Mu Bai in the CTHD serial. Have you watched it and if so, how'd you like it?

Choose for what? To go camping with, to a movie, or...? J/K. Actually, this is not a really tough choice for me. I would pick Xiao Hai. How about you?

SS, we're only on page 5 of Xiao Hai's first thread at this forum while Alec Su's is on the nth page of his 5th thread or something like that.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")