Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Shen Xiao Hai

Default Shen Xiao Hai

Think this guy will be the next big thing because of the series "Liao Zhai - Hua Gu Zi". Actually, he is very popular in China and he made his career playing bad guy.

Grown up in Hei Long Jiang, he started his career as a stage performer and is also trained as a professional dancer. He had performed the play "Mu Yu"/Mother Tongue in Broadway and received critical acclaims but decided to return to China.

The shows he had acted in:
    Ji Ling Xiao Zi as Ning Wang
    Qian Nu You Hun as Jing Guang
    Liao Zha - Hua Gu Zi as Tao Cui
    Qi Xia Wu Yi as ???
    New Reincarnation as ????
    Fuo Tiao Jiang as ???
    Wu Yan Nu as ???

This is his pix in Wu Yan Nu: http://ent.sina.com.cn/d/2004-04-28/2208378386.html

Stuck in a place between Heaven and Hell!

I think I like him better with hair like in HGZ !
    Cheers!!!!!!

I just thought I'd pop in here since I'm enjoying SXH's character in HGZ at the moment. Sure he's the typical "strong and silent" type, but that's the kind that almost never fails to capture the hearts of many female audience members.

Aside from HGZ, I'm not familiar with any of the other series you listed, Tinac. SXH does look like he can play antagonists really well. He has the perfect smirk. That picture link doesn't seem to be working right now.

[EDIT]: I'm adding Xiao Hai's profile to the first page of this thread for easier access:

Name: Shen Xiao Hai ( 沈晓海 )
    Birthdate: October 5
    Astrological Sign: Libra
    Blood Type: O
    Height: 1.79 M
    Weight: 64 Kg
    Birth Place: Hei Long Jiang/Yi Chun in Mainland China
    Family: Parents; Younger brother
    Education: Shanghai Theatrical Institute majoring in the Performing Arts
    Lucky Number: 9
    Favorite...
    Hobbies and Activities: Running; Drinking coffee; Sunbathing; Listening to music
    Animal: Horse
    Colors: Black; Blue; Red
    Season: Autumn
    Flower: Rose
    Instruments: Drum; Guitar
    Entertainers: Charlie Chaplin; Bruce Lee
    Food: Potatoes
    Beverages: Coffee; Carrot Juice
    Books: Those written by Hemingway
    Holiday: Moon Festival
    Places: Yi Chun; Beijing; Hong Kong
    Trait in a friend: Honesty/Sincerity
    Most satisfactory of his productions thus far: His role as Fu Yu Shu in The New Reincarnation
    Xiao Hai's Motto: No matter what you do, be happy while doing so
    Xiao Hai's words for his fans: Just wait; I won't let you guys down!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images.netandtv.com/picture/pic2004-8-12/2004812205456701.jpg')
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 08-28-05 at 03:04 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I only remember seeing him in A Chinese Ghost Story and I didn't like his character in there. He really protrayed it out well. Looked totally evil and annoying :jealous:

I think I've seen him in another serie also, but just can't remember for sure if it was him. Lol, can't remember the serie much either.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Okay, now that pic link is working.
    Hmm...he sort of looks like Guo Liang, but more feminine. *wonders where AnalyticChick is?*
    Yep, he definitely has that evil gleam in his eyes down pat.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I did some screen capture of HGZ but haven't got time to post it.

Yup, he look much better in HGZ ... he looks good in Ji Ling Xiao Zi too. He made more impression on me in that show than Nie Yuan. He acted as NY's uncle and he did not have much screen time compare to NY.

This thread is a bit barren, so I thought I'd post some pics.

Since you guys like his look in HGZ so much, here's a good one of his character TC playing the flute:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.sfs-cn.com/sfstv/2004/hgz/co/04.jpg')

The above pic is courtesy of sfs-cn.com.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www28.brinkster.com/shenxiaohai/images/photo/dramas/P021.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www28.brinkster.com/shenxiaohai/images/photo/dramas/P013.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www28.brinkster.com/shenxiaohai/images/photo/dramas/P019.jpg')

Hmm. After seeing that pic, this thought just came to me: I think he would make a really good Lin Ping Zhi for some future adaptation of XAJH.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www28.brinkster.com/shenxiaohai/images/photo/taiwan/tw003.jpg')

Pics are courtesy of http://xiaohai.24cc.com/
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi Lady Zhuge,

That last pix is from "Ji Ling Xiao Zi", he is a bad guy in there.... but still as impressive as ever.

Anyway, now I am obsess with BYJ. .. I am watching all his old series and like them.

Hi Tinac,

Wow, you sure got over SXH fast. I've just started to develop an interest in him during my viewing of HGZ. He is so fantastic, but it's too bad his selfless and heroic character receives so little appreciation. It's pissing me off how HGZ only cares about or looks for him when she needs a favor.

As for BYJ...he hasn't peaked my interest too much beyond Hotelier.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    Hi Tinac,

Wow, you sure got over SXH fast. I've just started to develop an interest in him during my viewing of HGZ. He is so fantastic, but it's too bad his selfless and heroic character receives so little appreciation. It's pissing me off how HGZ only cares about or looks for him when she needs a favor.

As for BYJ...he hasn't peaked my interest too much beyond Hotelier.
    Hi Lady Zhuge,
    I still like him, it's just that for now I like BYJ more... it's the smile., 'sides my friends keep on raving about him so that really got me interested.

I so agree with you about HGZ's behaviour. Who made the rules that say you can be selfish where you are in love? Common, other people got life, they can't just drop their things everytime your "love" is endangered ... duh!

Hiya tinac,

The more I see of SXH, the more I like him. I may be beyond help very soon. I was really disappointed when he didn't appear at all in episode 10, but at least he's back in episode 11. He and Rebecca Wang Yan look cute together.
    He is way too good for HGZ; he deserves someone who will treat him right and not just look for him only when she needs a favor or something. I can't believe how she seems to have totally forgotten how Tao Cui was injured in the first place: all to save her ***!!! All she cares about is using him to lure that one weird dude (AYY's new sifu) away or using him to occupy her "rival" Zhong Shu Qiu. I hate seeing him be hurt like this, both inside and out.

Haha, so your friends are getting you all obsessed with BYJ? Since you like his smile so much, what do you think of Kim Jae Won? Many have said that KJW looks like BYJ's younger bro and I have to agree. Their smiles are so similar!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Funny you mentioned Kim Jae Won. I actually like KJW first because of "My Love Patjji", I was also obsessed with him for awhile. I pratically watched all his series during that time. I always hear people talked about BYJ and how much KJW looks like him but the only pix I saw of him was from WS, but don't like his appearance in WS. So, I didn't know what's the big deal with BYJ, thought he is not that good looking .... until I watched "Hotelier" and "First Love"... now I am hooked .. I need rescue ... I think I am already beyond help, I've bought "WS", "Fist Love", "Hotelier" and "Barefooted Youth" ... I was not this obssessed this KJW.

Oh, I see. I don't think I'll ever be obsessed with either KJW or BYJ. They're cool and all, but just not my type.

Anyway, back to Shen Xiao Hai. I hear that the two roles he would most like to play are Yang Guo and Zhao Yun!!! If he played either one of those characters, he would probably skyrocket to popularity. He's already on the rise now with his Tao Zui portrayal in Hua Gu Zi. The reason he hasn't been as popular in the past is probably due to the antagonistic types of roles he's taken on. IMO, this guy has got the looks AND the talent. Va-va-voom.
    I highly doubt he has a chance of being Yang Guo any time soon, but I really hope he gets to play Zhao Yun. Mainland China is planning on remaking 3 of the 4 Classics, starting with San Guo Yan Yi.
    In any case, Shen Xiao Hai is currently filming a series simliar to Hua Gu Zi called 狄仁杰中 (Di Ren Jie Zhong). He plays another good guy in there named 陶甘 (Tao Gan). I hope he gets the girl of his dreams this time.

Enjoy this nice background designed by one of Xiao Hai's fans named Jakelin:

http://www.baimeng.com/bbs3/UploadFi...9395310451.jpg

I'm currently using it for my desktop.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 07-27-04 at 01:34 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I read one article in SINA on popularity votes for actors/actress in China and SXH is in the top ten in most category.

http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/2003-12-30/1732266468.html

Zhao Yun sounds very familiar, this is a char from which Novel? BTW, Di Ren Jie was an "inspector" during the Tang Dynasty. Are you sure the story is like HGZ? Does it have any magical stuff? It'd be nice if he get his dream girl.

I saw an old series "Ai Qing Bao Tian" where he got his dream girl namely Fang Bing Bing but he is really really evil in that show. He got 3 or 4 wives and forced them to seduce men so that he could blackmail these men. Really bad man, but he still looks good in there 8-)
    Last edited by tinac; 07-27-04 at 02:54 AM.

To Tinac:
    really? yhou saw Ai Qing Bao Tian? was it good? i was planning to rent it coz it has my idol Fan Bing Bing in there, but rented Lucky Zhu Ba Jie instead. hmm, that Guy Shen Xiao Hai sure looks cute though, hmm, think i might rent some of his series too...
    hey, you should watched Lucky Zhu Ba Jie, its very funny, it got me laughing!
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

Hi Tinac,

Wow, that article surprised me, since it was before Hua Gu Zi was even released. Xiao Hai actually ranks 4th and above Huang Xiao Ming, too. That's really great. I hope his star continues to rise.

Zhao Yun should sound familiar, because he's one of the Shu heroes in San Guo Yan Yi.
    About Di Ren Jie Zhong, I asked one of Xiao Hai's fans if it was a wuxia-type of series and she said that it was more like Hua Gu Zi. I don't have many details beyond that, though. I hope more info will become available once it's done filming.

I'm really interested in watching Ji Ling Xiao Zi, since Xiao Hai's character Ning Wang sounds very interesting in there. Is it an old show that's hard to find? I couldn't find it on tigercool.

Hi Jenny!

Yeah, you should definitely get some Shen Xiao Hai series! He is more than just cute. He's very handsome and a talented actor, too.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 07-27-04 at 01:44 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi Jenny,
    "Ai Qing Bao Tian" is actually a collection of 4 (or 6?) short stories. SXH is only in one of the story and he is he villain in that story.

Lady Zhuge,
    I am surprised you haven't seen "Ji Ling Xiao Zi", do you like Dickie Cheung? He is the star of that show together with Li Bing Bing. Nie Yuan is also in that show, but his character is nothing like Qi Ye in QNYH. You can check the series in YESASIA, but the pic is not very good, http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept...c/version-all/

BTW, SXH only appear in the later part of the show. He is a very intelligent, suave, smart, and ambitious guy. He is the younger brother of the emperor and wants to be the emperor.

Yeah, he is very popular eventhough he acts as bad guy in most of the series he is in.

Hi tinac,

I like Dicky a lot, but I haven't seen many of his series. I was only familiar with the English title of Smart Kid and didn't know that the real Chinese name is Ji Ling Xiao Zi. Hmm...it looks like I'll have to get this production then, since it has both Dicky AND Shen Xiao Hai in it. Does Xiao Hai play a big part, even if he does appear late in the show?
    Do you have any recommendations of Shen Xiao Hai's series in which he plays rather big parts? Have you seen this film? http://global.yesasia.com/gb/PrdDept...ection-videos/
    I'm wondering how it is?

Dang, if he's so popular, then how come I've never heard of him until just recently? And...how come Yesasia doesn't have Shen Xiao Hai as a listed actor in Hua Gu Zi?!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi Lady Zhuge,

Yeah, I watched Smart Kid/Ji Ling Xiao Zi because Dickie is in that show. But I remember that SXH made an impression on that show because he is so suave in that show. I think he got an important part in that show, can't really remember the detail because I watched it sometime ago.

That series from your link is the Western Chamber, I think it's the same one that Ron Ng is making together with Michelle Yip and Myolie. I haven't seen this one, never seen it anywhere in S'pore.

You can check out the list of the shows he acted in this link, but you have to select SXH's link.
    http://dayoo.cnave.com/productdetail.php?pid=55673

I don't think he is that well known in other parts of Asia, that's why YESASIA does not list him. I rememer the same problem with Nie Yuan when QNYH just got released. It's only after he got popular that they listed his name.

Thanks for the info, tinac. Quite a few of SXH's long-time fans seem to like his role as Ning Wang in Smart Kid the most. If I buy Smart Kid, I'm going to get 西厢记 as well.
    The stuff they have at cnave is about the same as at tigercool and yesasia. Hmm...there seems to be a lot of consensus about how hot Xiao Hai is in 金蚕丝雨 with Ho Mei Tian and Jason Wu Jing. Have you watched that series?

It's interesting how Xiao Hai is listed under Smart Kid, but not under Hua Gu Zi. What is up with that? It's not like his role in HGZ is a small one.
    Yep, if the participation in this thread is indicative of anything, I don't think he's that well-known outside of mainland China and Taiwan. I hope that will change soon, though.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")