Thread: Hung 7 Gung or Au Yeung Fung vs. the Golden Wheel Monk

Default Hung 7 Gung or Au Yeung Fung vs. the Golden Wheel Monk

In ROCH, the Golden Wheel Monk had a chance to spar with all of the Greats who lived at some point of the storyline. The two exceptions were North Beggar Hung 7 Gung and West Poison Au Yeung Fung, who both died shortly before the Golden Wheel Monk's first appearance. Bearing in mind that although all of the Greats and the Golden Wheel Monk were roughly equivalent to each other in martial arts, each one of them had unique characteristics and idiosyncrasies. How would Hung 7 Gung or Au Yeung Fung have fared one-on-one against the Golden Wheel Monk?

I don't think either one would be able to match the GLFW at the end of ROCH. SInce GJ was OYF's and GLFW"s equal at the start of ROCHm then GOFW of the end of ROCH should be stronger than OYF and H7G.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by superboy
    I don't think either one would be able to match the GLFW at the end of ROCH. SInce GJ was OYF's and GLFW"s equal at the start of ROCHm then GOFW of the end of ROCH should be stronger than OYF and H7G.
    How about at the time of the Golden Wheel Monk's first appearance, then?

I think they should be about equal, since GLFW(with the wheels) was an equal to GJ, which should be about as strong as OYF that time.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Their martial arts levels are all about equal, but what's interesting is how their specific martial arts would match up. Hung 7 Gung is not that big a mystery because we've already seen Gwok Jing use Hong Lung 18 Palms against the Golden Wheel Monk (but we never saw Wong Yung using Beat Dog Stick Technique on him). I wonder how Ha Mo Gung would handle Lung Jeung Bor Yeh Gung and the metallic wheels, however; as powerful as Ha Mo Gung was, it did not seem well-suited for battling the Golden Wheel Monk's style of martial arts.

Default Re: Hung 7 Gung or Au Yeung Fung vs. the Golden Wheel Monk

assuming the 2 greats did'nt die i doubt jlfw would be better i would say equal.

Default Re: Re: Hung 7 Gung or Au Yeung Fung vs. the Golden Wheel Monk

Originally posted by - L1n -
    assuming the 2 greats did'nt die i doubt jlfw would be better i would say equal.
    In my opinion, Huang Yaoshi and Yi Deng have surpassed Ouyang Feng and Hong Qigong by the end of ROCH. Fa Wang's martial arts increased between OYF's death and 16 years later, and still he was only able to tie YD. Also the novel stated YD's Yiyang Finger NOW has reached the peak of perfection, implying an improvement over previous mastery.

What's more, Huang Yaoshi being able to neutralize Sad Palms is amazing, seeing how even Fa Wang later feared he would be subdued by this one-armed hero who was not using Sad Palms at the time.
    Last edited by PJ; 07-17-04 at 09:02 PM.

supposed they didn't die, I believe they would be at the same level as YD and HYS too.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Having Hung 7 Gung and Au Yeung Fung kill each other at Mt. Hua was a pretty lucky break for the Golden Wheel Monk just before he made his grand entry into the Chinese martial world. Having those two around (especially Hung 7 Gung) would have complicated things for him, although maybe he could somehow use Au Yeung Fung against Gwok Jing.

Both Yang Guo and Huang Rong (16 years later) used Dog Beating Stick against Golden Wheel Monk. Originally, apart from Jade Maiden Sword, Dog Beating Stick was the art who gave him trouble.

Jin Yong more or less wanted to tell us that Golden Wheel Monk's internal power methods are superb but his techniques are still lacking depth compared to the finest arts of the Central Plains.
    對 敵 須 狠 , 斬 草 除 根 , 男 女 老 幼 , 不 留 一 人

Hung 7 Gong would beat GWM fair and square. GWM would be on his knees begging H7G to spare his life. When H7G has his guard down, GWM would pull out a poisonous knife and stab H7G. H7G would die and GWM is proud of his action. GWM would stab H7G to death just like Yang Guang stabs his older brother to death in Grand Canal.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Hung 7 Gong would beat GWM fair and square. GWM would be on his knees begging H7G to spare his life. When H7G has his guard down, GWM would pull out a poisonous knife and stab H7G. H7G would die and GWM is proud of his action. GWM would stab H7G to death just like Yang Guang stabs his older brother to death in Grand Canal.
    Sounds about right lol.

Pre 16 years Goldie Hong Qigong/Ouyang Feng win
    Post 16 years Goldie win

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Pre 16 years Goldie Hong Qigong/Ouyang Feng win
    Post 16 years Goldie win
    GWM never stand a chance. He would be on his knees in tear begging H7G or OYF to spare his life.