Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: to catch the uncatchable

Quote Originally Posted by bittersweet
    the ending was sooo sad! i didn't expect it to happy cuz it was a comedy serie but than the ending was soo serious and sad. i cried soo much...oh ya..what's the male lead's name again? i wonder if any of u guys remember the comedy serie that he was in, it was mainly about lawyers and stuff??
    the male lead is Dayo Wong Chi Wah. ( i think its wah. or its wa. iunno. loL. ) i never saw him in any other series...but everyone always talks about War of Genders...which was also a comedy that he was in. So im guessing thats the one you're talking about? It also had Dodo Cheng in it.

Default DARN.

i can't believe they killed off the main character.! and that just killed the story. i had soo much suspense.! and if they're having a sequel. then he MUST be alive, because who would want to watch that? and he was smiling right? so he had to of been there.. because he had the weirdest smile at first. lol. and plus.. he didn't seem like he was dying at the end. he just seemed tired.. and he blinking. when you die you don't blink. okay... i just don't want him to die. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by xsMiLeE_sTaRzx
    the male lead is Dayo Wong Chi Wah. ( i think its wah. or its wa. iunno. loL. ) i never saw him in any other series...but everyone always talks about War of Genders...which was also a comedy that he was in. So im guessing thats the one you're talking about? It also had Dodo Cheng in it.
    he was in a series that starred his partner-in-crime, Cheung Tat-Ming. forgot what it's called in english but in cantonese, it's "Jong Yuen Sung Sai Git 2".

in Hong Kong, Dayo's known for his stand-up comedy routine and prior to making his tv appearances, he has always been making movies and doing his stand-up comedy performance.

some movies he has been known for is his role as Lau Ching-Wan's jealous cousin, Jiu Jik in "Only Fools Fall in Love", and "F***/Off" in which he co-starred with Cheung Tat-Ming.

i remember a movie where Dayo plays a taxi driver who became sexually impotent after a car accident. Somehow, he ends up falling in love with a lesbian played by Ada Choi. "To Catch The Uncatchable" is definitely not their first collaboration.

I'm looking forward to watching it. Is the ending not satisfying? I read a few posts saying that the main character died. Is it more worse than the Angels on Mission's ending?? Is it's about the same, then have to consider if I'm going to rent it!! Why TVB always kill the main characters? like Wong He in BF2 and Marco Ngai in AR4!!!
    ~Cathelyn~

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mzcyndee
    i can't believe they killed off the main character.! and that just killed the story. i had soo much suspense.! and if they're having a sequel. then he MUST be alive, because who would want to watch that? and he was smiling right? so he had to of been there.. because he had the weirdest smile at first. lol. and plus.. he didn't seem like he was dying at the end. he just seemed tired.. and he blinking. when you die you don't blink. okay... i just don't want him to die. >.<
    dude dont spoil it
    i haven't gotten to ending

Quote Originally Posted by xsMiLeE_sTaRzx

What was that series called?
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    What was that series called?
    you mean the comedy with Dodo Cheng? That one was called War of Genders.

ya...the ending...was not satisfying....i just felt bad for ada cuz she loved him soo much!
    no matter how you live, happy or sad, it will still be your life to waste so why not waste it happily?...

i finish seeing already........its so horrible! i mean, the starting is nice but the ending spoils all! anyway, i heard that TVB made 2 ending, right? 1 good n 1 bad. is it true?

Quote Originally Posted by concerned
    i finish seeing already........its so horrible! i mean, the starting is nice but the ending spoils all! anyway, i heard that TVB made 2 ending, right? 1 good n 1 bad. is it true?
    yea..thats true.

hmm..did they actually MAKE 2 endings tho? or was the tha happy one the original ending..and then they cut out parts so that it turned into a sad ending?
    Last edited by xsMiLeE_sTaRzx; 10-23-04 at 01:26 AM.

So if i rent or buy, the ending's gonna be good or bad one??
    ~Cathelyn~

They actually planned the happy ending first but changed it... they didnt film anything extra after the sad ending.. they already had everything filmed but they just changed it a little bit
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

I felt this serie was overrated.
    Performances

Dayo-he seems so dull, and wasn't even funny at all. his performance didn't WOW me 3/5

Ada-she was kind of annoying but not bad 4/5

I agree Marco vs Ada thingy was boring after a while. Not very funny the cases weren't interesting. If it was five years ago, maybe i'll enjoy this serie but now these series don't capture my interest anymore. I forced myself to watch it only because it got good ratings. overall 6.5/10
    Last edited by bebe_girl; 10-23-04 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathelyn
    So if i rent or buy, the ending's gonna be good or bad one??

i think the bad ending.

I just finished it ... omg it was so sad and terrifying. I cried sooo much. i can imagine ada cry and cry after she finds out that dayo passed away... or did he? they never really showed that he offically died.

how was the happy ending?
    WU ZUN ! <3

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes
    I just finished it ... omg it was so sad and terrifying. I cried sooo much. i can imagine ada cry and cry after she finds out that dayo passed away... or did he? they never really showed that he offically died.

how was the happy ending?
    the happy ending was almost exactly like the sad one...except the song in the flashbacks was different. hahaha. and then after the flashbacks...it goes bak to ada taking pix. and then dayo walks in from the gates and is back. then they take pix...and it ends with like..these words on the screen that say "Vivi Lee and Constable Mok live happily ever after...?!" or sumthing like that..kant remember. but the "...?!" was there for sure. hahaha. then its just over. yep.

lol wow thanks. haha thats not a really bad ending! at least it's a happier one. but the sad one, i keep thinkin bout it
    WU ZUN ! <3

i just finished the last tape. It wasn't that sad. I took it well, i guess ><

but wow, Dayo and Ada only dated for like 2 episodes and then they got married
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

but i rather have a sad ending. makes the serie more special!
    no matter how you live, happy or sad, it will still be your life to waste so why not waste it happily?...

The sad ending is so sad. It makes me cry.
    WU ZUN ! <3