Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: to catch the uncatchable

lol yeah the themesong is really nice, the english sub song is also very nice
    //fave series:
    eternal happiness, love bond, fate twisters, triumph in the skies, ups and downs in the sea of love
    //fave stars:
    ron ng, raymond lam, moses chan, michelle ye, tavia yeung, ada choi

Quote Originally Posted by neverland
    It shows at 9pm here as well!! lol, but its a great series although I would of liked it if the cases weren't so obvious of who the killer was, it kinda loss the suspense that the film could of had yet a light hearted series with laughs.

It makes me wonder though, the 'sad' ending doesnt actually specifically show that Dayo dies, he collapses but it never really specifically says he died.
    i think this series is such that the audience would know who the killer is, and see how dayo crack the case. because this show is not like greed mask, which we would be familarise with all the characters, which allow us to guess who is the culprit. but in TCTU, we are presented with short stories.

i also think it was implied that dayo died, because he slowly faded away in ada's wedding photos. if you have read the previous posts, dayo himself said that ah tung in deed died.

But they didnt need to make it THAT obvious lol I remember there was the case of the people with same name, and once she drops the paper the eerie music makes it REALLY obvious that he is the killer so forth...I mean they can make it a bit less obvious. The first few cases were good as it wasn't as obvious.

That was just my slight hope though lol, if I were to know there was no alternate ending I would still be firm that he didnt die...maybe his photo fading away showed that he didnt end up taking the photo dont answer that lol
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs
    Fav Actor: Roger Kwok
    Fav Actress: Tavia Yeung

ok now it doesnt make lots of senses. If some1 can catch it then its catchable, but wut is uncatchable mean anyway??

Well the title states to CATCH the UNCATCHABLE, so basically others can't catch them so they become uncatchable but in this case Dayo's character is clever enough to catch the uncatchable that other people cant catch but he can catch. trust me there are other titles that makes no sense.
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

that's quite a good analysis

Lol yeah I agree, that was a good explanation to the title. This title is one of the better ones of TVB. Like what's "The Driving Power" supposed to mean?! lol.

But yeah. In a way, if you really stretch it, "To Catch The Uncatchable" could also have something to do with the love relationships in the series. Jim Jim likes Vivian but he can't get her, while Vivian likes Mok Sir and although he liked her back, in the end he died so she still didn't have him.
    //fave series:
    eternal happiness, love bond, fate twisters, triumph in the skies, ups and downs in the sea of love
    //fave stars:

Quote Originally Posted by hkgirl129_
    Lol yeah I agree, that was a good explanation to the title. This title is one of the better ones of TVB. Like what's "The Driving Power" supposed to mean?! lol.

But yeah. In a way, if you really stretch it, "To Catch The Uncatchable" could also have something to do with the love relationships in the series. Jim Jim likes Vivian but he can't get her, while Vivian likes Mok Sir and although he liked her back, in the end he died so she still didn't have him.
    lol, what a fantastic twist to the title, i could never have thought this way!

Tonight's episode was so funny! When Dayo's mom and Ada was chasing that bad guy on the street and Dayo's mom hopes on this cart and uses it like a skateboard... and even flew above garbage baskets... that was awesome!

I saw the previews... looks like Marco is going to get the promotion to "District Manager". *gasp

Yay you guys get what i was trying to say...I thought I might of confused some people lol.

It is kinda true, to catch the uncatchable...who would of thought that vivi would of catched mok sir...who seems to be 'uncatchable' lol

Mok sir's mum's face is finally shown lol, her moves are quite cool!! I still dont get the point of not showing the face of his mum when its clearly seen that she is that lady...i mean her face is on the tv...its obvious its her...
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

its kinda funny when i dun see the face of detective mok's mom at 1st. i wonder y they make it tat way... hahha. but u get to see her on tv (when her son is watching tv).

Yeah, I think because like the lady who plays Dayo's mom in real life was a really famous actress back then, in the "yu cheung peen"s like the black and white shows they had. I guess it just adds to the hilarity of the show, it's sort of like comic relief although the whole series is basically comic relief

And thx to those who liked my idea/twist of the title! I wasnt very confident of it at first
    //fave series:
    //fave stars:

Quote Originally Posted by hkgirl129_
    And thx to those who liked my idea/twist of the title! I wasnt very confident of it at first
    Hey, I felt the same when I made my really confusing definition...we live to learn to make mistakes...in this case you didnt lol!!

I heard there was a sequel to this but aint positive, anyone can confirm this?
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

Hey, I felt the same when I made my really confusing definition...we live to learn to make mistakes...in this case you didnt lol!!

I heard there was a sequel to this but aint positive, anyone can confirm this?
    Lol yeah, but your definition wasnt that confusing : )

And really? where'd did you hear that? Because I'd LOVE to see a TCTU sequel! But then again.. didn't Mok Sir die? Unless they just use the alternate ending they filmed where he didn't die. And if they do have TCTU 2 I'd want to see the main cast still remain, like Dayo, Ada, Marco and Michael!
    //fave series:
    //fave stars:

I was browsing the asianfantics site, but then the thread saying there would be had been old...but there's not definite answer so i'm not quite sure...

Is Michael Tong still with tvb? I heard that he was leaving, that would be stink...jimjim
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

I was browsing the asianfantics site, but then the thread saying there would be had been old...but there's not definite answer so i'm not quite sure...

Is Michael Tong still with tvb? I heard that he was leaving, that would be stink...jimjim
    ohh. I think Michael is still with TVB at the moment because like just a while ago, he and Bernice Liu, Anne Heung and Joey Leung just paid a visit to Canada for promotions. I really hope he doesn't leave though!
    //fave series:
    //fave stars:

I hope so. He was so funny as jimjim and hes quite a versatile actor too. Hope to see more of him. This series is almost finishing I'm curious what ending they are going to show here...I watched the ending...sad ending before...but it had no sound lol!
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

lol if neverland ~ if ure in cananda my prediction will be the sad endng cos i read the thing they showed on the FTV official webstie...may contain spoliers** it said taht mok sir's cell phone fell onto the floor and he felt very dzzy
    卓羲 *ron* <33 阿峰 *ray* <33 阿怡 *tav* <33

Quote Originally Posted by Jollee
    lol if neverland ~ if ure in cananda my prediction will be the sad endng cos i read the thing they showed on the FTV official webstie...may contain spoliers** it said taht mok sir's cell phone fell onto the floor and he felt very dzzy
    My guess is Canada's airing is the same as New Zealand. I mean the shows air at the same time AND tvb stars went to NZ and Canada for some promoting...moving right along awww I was hoping to see both endings so I can see which really is the better one. Its going to be sad....Dayo!!! Why did you kill yourself??
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

Its nearly finishing? They havent gotten up to the cheese pot part though rite?? I've been so busy lately so I've just seen bits here and there of TCTU... but I wana watch that part again Its such a cute scene so I hope I didnt miss it~~ ><
    Yeh the ending was sad... *sniff sniff* If Mok sir did die.. then that was a sad way of ending him... and the mok-vivi couple

I doubt this.. but does anyone have the link to the alternative ending?

hmmm... dont really want this series to end, its entertaining... I dont want to watch WAB again! (which is showing right after this series)
    Watching:~ Dicey Business, The Gentle Crackdown, The Gateau Affairs
    Recently Finished: ~ To Grow with Love, The Academy