Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: to catch the uncatchable

i agree.. how can you make such a funny comedy and end it in a tragedy? thats wat i was thinking too... Vivi gets a call and drops the phone and they roll the credits
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

Originally posted by KennyLeeJianSiong
    just accept it people......

the ending is just that tragic.....

happy smile on Ada's face, sad story behind that smile......

I hope if there is a sequel.........it will be Ada doing the investigating.......
    Or
    Ada starting her own private investigation
    or
    we just leave it as that and continue with the next up and coming series......

no point making another miracle..........

this is reality base damnit...........there is no miracle..........(someone said reality don't really have good endings or was it something else)......
    If there's a sequal, they probably will make Dayo come back to life again. Miracles can happen twice in the last episode, so anything is possible.

Well he didn't necessarily die in that last part. Remember, he's got asthma, and he passed out af ew times in the past as well, so this could be one of those times, making it possible for a sequel.

It was a nice move to end it that way, since it's open to a sequel which does not require yet another miracle to make him stay alive with the brain thing and all. They could round this all nicely by just saying he had an asthma attack.

Even though Dayo said he won't make a sequel, keep that possibility open cuz the ratings for the last episode peaked at 39, which is the highest I have ever seen in my life! With those kind of ratings, a sequel is very possible

Personally, I didn't think him dying is a bad thing.. afterall I felt this really isn't truly a 100% comedy serial flick.. it has its moments, the funny parts weren't shown through actions but by the witty lines of Mok and some by Vivi
    .. the only thing bad abt this ending is that there isn't a closure they left the door open to many possibilities.
    Wang Zi Hwa doesn't really do many serials does he? I've watched his stand-up comic b4, he's really good at that.. in fact I dun think he needs to act much of Mok, other than the panting and gasping, I think he's like that! haha...

Originally posted by LegendVer2
    Well he didn't necessarily die in that last part. Remember, he's got asthma, and he passed out af ew times in the past as well, so this could be one of those times, making it possible for a sequel.

It was a nice move to end it that way, since it's open to a sequel which does not require yet another miracle to make him stay alive with the brain thing and all. They could round this all nicely by just saying he had an asthma attack.

Even though Dayo said he won't make a sequel, keep that possibility open cuz the ratings for the last episode peaked at 39, which is the highest I have ever seen in my life! With those kind of ratings, a sequel is very possible
    War of Genders (wtever the name is haha) reached 48 and there's no sequel :'( but Dayo did say something different from when he first said when people ask him if there's gonna be a sequel.. at first he just said that WON'T do it, but now he said "it depends" haah

I haven't watched TVB series in awhile, but once my mom put in the tape, I was quickly entertained.

I really liked the show, minus the ending. I am HOPING for a sequel, but if they do make a sequel, I wonder if it'll be that great since technically even though the ending isn't favored, it did end beautifully.
    Last edited by crushedoutgrl; 08-25-04 at 02:06 PM.

Both my friend and I have read in some magazine he had that TVB is recieving an OVERWHLEMINGLY huge amount of letters from views and audience complaining about the ending. Wow, this ending really got every single person riled up. Hopefully this is enough publicity to trigger a sequel

Originally posted by ericacsy
    War of Genders (wtever the name is haha) reached 48 and there's no sequel :'( but Dayo did say something different from when he first said when people ask him if there's gonna be a sequel.. at first he just said that WON'T do it, but now he said "it depends" haah
    48? Wow. That's incredible.

The ending didn't really bother me that much. I just felt it was weird coz' it did not fit the tone/atmosphere of this serial.

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

Originally posted by realdeal

The ending didn't really bother me that much. I just felt it was weird coz' it did not fit the tone/atmosphere of this serial.
    I will have to agree with you on that...
    it a weird ending to a comedy series.....
    Sam and Zoe are FOREVER and EVER!
    Please visit :Codename : Dreams|| Get TVB Theme songs here & here

I just finished the last episode to this series.... so sad... and i also agree its a weird way to end a comedy.... If you'd only watched the last episode you might have thought it was a drama or something... *sigh*
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

maybe its just me but overall, i did not view this as the usual lighthearted comedy series from tvb. imo, its more of a hybrid of serious police drama and the standard wacky romantic subplot between the 2 leads. I mean, alot of the cases were downright depressing and not the least bit funny. As such, the ending did not really bother me.

War of genders was more enjoyable for me. not that there is anything wrong with uncatchable, controversial ending or no controversial ending.

For those who felt crushed by the tragic ending, there's still hope. I read from a forum from adacache.com that the ending of TCTU made headlines in appledaily newspaper and the producers intentionally chose the sad ending from the two they had filmed earlier just to turn a few heads. The reaction from the viewers were more than what they had hope for. They recieved alot of complaints from viewers and decided to air the alternate happy ending at a later date through K-100 or Jade Starbiz.

Can anyone confirm this?

Originally posted by LegendVer2
    For those who felt crushed by the tragic ending, there's still hope. I read from a forum from adacache.com that the ending of TCTU made headlines in appledaily newspaper and the producers intentionally chose the sad ending from the two they had filmed earlier just to turn a few heads. The reaction from the viewers were more than what they had hope for. They recieved alot of complaints from viewers and decided to air the alternate happy ending at a later date through K-100 or Jade Starbiz.

Can anyone confirm this?
    it's not OFFICIALLY confirmed by TVB, but here's an article on newspaper (HK)http://www1.appledaily.atnext.com/te...wdate=20040826
    Last edited by ericacsy; 08-26-04 at 07:48 AM.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm not very familiar with this since I just started watching series again.

When they do put this out on DVD/VCD, would they put both endings on it? Like one as a bonus or do they not just do this?

Originally posted by c13:4567
    maybe its just me but overall, i did not view this as the usual lighthearted comedy series from tvb. imo, its more of a hybrid of serious police drama and the standard wacky romantic subplot between the 2 leads. I mean, alot of the cases were downright depressing and not the least bit funny. As such, the ending did not really bother me.
    Well, come to think of it, that's true. None of the cases were really that funny, except the two mini cases in the first episode.

But most scenes involving Romeo and See Sir were hilarious. I was pleasantly surprised by Marco Ngai. Never thought he could pull off this kind of character.

I must say this is a great way to end a comedy. One question, Michael Tong's name in this serie is called Gym Jim or Jim Gym or Gym Gym??

Originally posted by jasonkidd38
    One question, Michael Tong's name in this serie is called Gym Jim or Jim Gym or Gym Gym??
    It doesn't really matter. Can be Gym Gym or Jim Jim or Gym Jim or Jim Gym.

Actually his name has a "z" sound to it, like the "z" in "zai jian" (goodbye). Only Mok Sir pronounces it as "jim", everybody else says "zim zim".

Well, come to think of it, that's true. None of the cases were really that funny, except the two mini cases in the first episode.

Yeah.... tht's what I was trying to say all the while... and becos they've ended it in this way, I liked this serial even more hahaha... at least it's a memorable ending.. I know not many pple are going to agree with me
    U know ah... I can re-watch the epi of the Annual Fitness Test over and over again and still find it so funny,,, esp when Ada was screaming at Mok over at his house hahaha.....but of course when u link it to the ending.. its sad

According to the TVB forum, there will be a revised ending. I wonder whether oversea people will get to see it?? Anyone knows about it?? By the way I live in Australia.

It doesn't really matter. Can be Gym Gym or Jim Jim or Gym Jim or Jim Gym.

Actually his name has a "z" sound to it, like the "z" in "zai jian" (goodbye). Only Mok Sir pronounces it as "jim", everybody else says "zim zim".

hah...i was confused about how his name should be pronounced too.